1.    #1  
    rather than trying to add bb forums for each device.

I honestly thought the curve was going to be bigger than it turned out to be. ah well.
    It's really cool for a BB!! The screen is great. I'm still thinking about getting one.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I had spoke to someone at tech support on Sprint and had inquired what are those gold contacts on the left of the phone are for, below the data and charging post below the convience key. Tech support did not know, I thought it might be for charging and that is what it is for; use in a cradle. The cradle I got uses the data charging port and slides into the cradle.

Just did a search for that question, and found the answer from this web site;

http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/fea...ence-key-2516/

I have another question; my BB loses the light intensity after a few minutes and does not restore to the orginial brightness. Guess I will call tech support.

More comments to follow on the BB 8830, tried to install Pocket Express today and it would not installed as my "On Demand" was tied to my phone number that I had on the 700p. I will miss the free On Demand. I may keep this phone and put it on ebay when they release the wifi version with the camera by Christmas since Palm refuses to give us our Christmas present of the Palm Linux Device. Palm why do you always short change your customers. Look what apple did in two years. (years spent on the Foleo). But I am glad that you have given native support of the 8 gb cards on the Treo 700p's and your release of the AD2P for the Windows devices.
    New BBs have light sensitivity function, from what I understand. You can set the brightness under settings, but the BB also adjusts to lighting conditions.

The review on CNET lists this.

http://reviews.cnet.com/smart-phones...&tag=pdtl-list
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 07/14/2007 at 12:48 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    much better idea to keep it general.
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    rather than trying to add bb forums for each device.

I honestly thought the curve was going to be bigger than it turned out to be. ah well.
    It's the classic chicken-and-egg problem of moderator:
    You must grow a forum more slowly. First one general forum needs to become popular first THEN you split the forum. Never start with too many topics at once! They'll all be empty.

For example, look at how the iPhone topic on PDASTREET.com is vacant -- even though iPhone is popular... so empty forum topics aren't really representative of a device's popularity. Also, TREO Central isn't a place where BlackBerry users normally visit...

Just like in the real world: It's better to open one dancebar at a time than to open 10 dancebars simultaneously: People hate empty topics, and empty dancebars. Make one topic crowded (dancebar crowded), before opening new ones (on the same street).

Yes, it's a well known moderator hassle to split forums -- but it's better to start with too few than too many; grow gradually "as needed". A forum needs to be seeded -- i.e. if you see 100 Curve threads in this forum, then it's time to create a Curve forum, and you move all Curve threads (vBulletin has a topic search and a mass-move to do this quickly and easily, for example -- this instantly "seeds" the forum -- i.e. as a metaphor, fills the dancebar with 100 lively chatters of a sudden, and makes the bar more attractive to visit because it's no longer empty.)

(First-hand knowledge: I used this technique to make BlackBerryForums popular back in 2004. I also used to moderate AVSFORUM.com, one of the world's biggest discussion forums before I left in 2001)

Disclaimer: I'm a moderator from BlackBerryForums. (No, I don't own the site, just used to be one of the top moderators) I don't participate as much as I used to, but I was instrumental in kickstarting BlackBerryForums' growth in its early days, with many of my BlackBerry FAQ articles. Many online BlackBerry veterans (2004/2005) are be familiar with my name though...
    Thanks,
    Mark Rejhon
    www.marky.com