Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Moronic trolling.. This post should be deleted or moved to some other forum.
    <moved>
    Is this the same Apple forum poster, both named Brian?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    trolling fanboys - what's next?? A waste of server HD.

As in what's the REAL point of this thread? I think llarson already started one on iPhone love to counter surur's thread - why start a new thread over nothing new???
    Last edited by bruckwine; 07/13/2007 at 10:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    "All it (my iPhone) has done since I bought it on Friday is function perfectly as a phone, play videos on a screen that looks like George Lucas designed it, pick up and send my email like it was made in Zurich, and give me a back massage on the hour every hour.

Okay, I exaggerate, no massagey. But it works. The very worst that I can say is that at one point it wouldn't let me re-record my voicemail message. Called Apple on Saturday evening, while they were in the middle of selling 500,000 (700,000, a billion, who knows) iPhones. Got a CSR in 3 minutes. He said, "Turn it off. Turn it on. Try again." Presto.

I hoped this would happen. I suspected this would happen. After four Treos in six years, I say to Palm, "Short your stock, suckers. It's your last chance to get rich." Thank you, Apple.

Oh, I forgot to add that I plugged it into my Macbook Pro, synced 5G of music, 1G of video, and all my contacts and calendar in about 20 minutes. Whatever happened to three weeks of buying 3rd party apps, configuring them, spending 37 hours talking to various CSRs when the apps I had to buy because Palm was too lame to provide them misfired ("Uh, that's not our problem, you should call Palm/Kinoma/YoMama!")?

What am I gonna do with all this extra time? Oh yeah, play ball with my dog, enjoy my friends, listen to music, enjoy the hair I'm not tearing out. I get it! Cool! Is there a Nobel Prize for Not Giving People a Colossal Pain in the ***?"

Apple: 2.5 years to go from zero to the most revolutionary phone on the market. Palm: 2 years to go from 650 to 680 (wow! they chopped off the antenna and sold it with a serious battery problem!)

Look at their stock charts overlaid on one another. Discuss among yourselves what this could possibly mean.
    Brian
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Only 90% "extremely" or "very" satisfied in early poll of new iPhone owners:

"USA Today reports that early iPhone adopters are overwhelmingly happy with their iPhones.

In one of the first such studies, 90% of 200 owners said they were "extremely" or "very" satisfied with their phone. And 85% said they are "extremely" or "very" likely to recommend the device to others, says the online survey conducted and paid for by market researcher Interpret of Santa Monica, Calif. The firm surveyed 1,000 cellphone users July 6-10.

Of course, early adopters are a special population and may not reflect the satisfaction of later consumers as a whole. Some other interesting statistics that came from the studies are included:

51% of buyers were switching to AT&T from another carrier
    35% of carrier switchers paid an early termination fee (avg $167) to switch
    3 of 10 were first-time Apple customers.
    for 4 of 10, the iPhone was their first iPod
    New iPhone owners expected to pay about $35 more a month than their previous cellphone."

http://www.macrumors.com/2007/07/13/...firmed-for-uk/
    Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by ohbw View Post
    Only 90% "extremely" or "very" satisfied in early poll of new iPhone owners:
    Don't tell surur, he'll post link after link where 2 or 3 people are having issues...
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    The typcal iphone user is new to the ppc market one would think.
    They have no clue of what there missing in 3rd party apps making there phone more fun/Productive .
    A music player in there phone with a pretty user interface that makes the smile so much brighter iphone styling
    Put the treo wx and iphone side by side hmmm
    Sling media alone makes the iphone look like a kids toy and we all no what happens when you give kids new toys.The go in the toy box and never played with again.

I could go on and on with third party apps but that would turn that smile upside down hehehe
    WM users that crossed over to this toy that is 5 year ahead of the rest lol already know the scoop.
    I still think it's people who want a hot, cool phone. New to the PDA world or not. They wanted it because it's way cooler looking than almost any other phone we have in this country.

However, Sony Ericsson can give Apple a run for the money on features, and still offer coolness. Even if it isn't the same spectacular screen, SE makes some really cool fully functional Java interfaces, and some phones allow you to use Flash themes. We just don't get them at the carriers over here. But importers do have them, unlocked for use on any network and not just ATT, for around the same price or a little less than the iPhone!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I still think it's people who want a hot, cool phone. New to the PDA world or not. They wanted it because it's way cooler looking than almost any other phone we have in this country.

This would make the iphone a toy?
    or productive tool that you can be made a toy with 3rd party app ?
    The iphone is for the user without a clue in my opinion
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    They have no clue of what there missing in 3rd party apps making there phone more fun/Productive .
    A music player in there phone with a pretty user interface that makes the smile so much brighter iphone styling
    Put the treo wx and iphone side by side hmmm
    Sling media alone makes the iphone look like a kids toy and we all no what happens when you give kids new toys.The go in the toy box and never played with again.

I could go on and on with third party apps but that would turn that smile upside down hehehe
    WM users that crossed over to this toy that is 5 year ahead of the rest lol already know the scoop.
    Who are you to comment on the typical iPhone user? Where's your research? You're a guy with a keyboard.

I had four Treos in six years -- not so new to the market. I had enough third party apps to fill SD cards and bankrupt Burundi. Guess what? Not only was it a colossal pain to buy it all, configure it all, keep it all working happily together, but most of it was stupid. Sling Media? Wowee! Now there's something we all want a lot more of: watching TV and movies on a 2" screen! (While changing batteries every 22 minutes, of course). Incredible advance, you've talked me into it: I'll toss the 56" Samsung and the 15" Macbook Pro. What could be more desirable than watching media with a magnifying glass?
    Brian
    " ................. The very worst that I can say is that at one point it wouldn't let me re-record my voicemail message. Called Apple on Saturday evening, while they were in the middle of selling 500,000 (700,000, a billion, who knows) iPhones. Got a CSR in 3 minutes. He said, "Turn it off. Turn it on. Try again." Presto...................
    You had to call Support before trying that on your own The credibility of your pro-iphone rant lost it's mojo dude.
    The iphone is for the user without a clue in my opinion
    and why is that Sling?

what about those who may have owned many different devices in the past, or use it alongside some other device? how about the user who might simply prefer it to a Treo? or how about the owner whose needs are met by what the iPhone offers?

i would love to hear why it is that you think the iPhone is for "the user without a clue." i'm sure others would love to read your reason as well.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Who are you to comment on the typical iPhone user? Where's your research? You're a guy with a keyboard.

I had four Treos in six years -- not so new to the market. I had enough third party apps to fill SD cards and bankrupt Burundi. Guess what? Not only was it a colossal pain to buy it all, configure it all, keep it all working happily together, but most of it was stupid. Sling Media? Wowee! Now there's something we all want a lot more of: watching TV and movies on a 2" screen! (While changing batteries every 22 minutes, of course). Incredible advance, you've talked me into it: I'll toss the 56" Samsung and the 15" Macbook Pro. What could be more desirable than watching media with a magnifying glass?
    You were on the outdated garnet OS one could bet .This would explain your treo woes .I'm talking WM my friend.The true professional get no true benefit from the toy you own.
    You have no push mail...How can I make it any more simple for you to understand.
    You own a toy with a slick user interface ,Phone with a music player.Thats all you really needed.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    You were on the outdated garnet OS one could bet .This would explain your treo woes .I'm talking WM my friend.The true professional get no true benefit from the toy you own.
    You have no push mail...How can I make it any more simple for you to understand.
    You own a toy with a slick user interface ,Phone with a music player.Thats all you really needed.
    I have the same pushmail on my iPhone I had on my Treo, nimrod: emailtreo. And I have pushmail via Yahoo as well. It just works faster than it did on my Treo.

We all know the incredible software gifts MS has given to the world. Spare me. What are you, running DARPA? You're watching "Girls Gone Wild" in the bathroom.
    Brian
    lol gifts....WM gave the platform the option for 3rd party apps.Apple gave you a toy that you cant even take the batteries out of...very sad to say the least.Im not here to make fun of what you really need out of your Device .
    Some like slow edge speeds and some like 3G,EVDO/REV A
    Basically Your getting what you need out of your iphone lol
    Are you getting what you paid for.........many would say no
    I have the same pushmail on my iPhone I had on my Treo, nimrod: emailtreo. And I have pushmail via Yahoo as well. It just works faster than it did on my Treo.

We all know the incredible software gifts MS has given to the world. Spare me. What are you, running DARPA? You're watching "Girls Gone Wild" in the bathroom.
    And the flaming starts...

Also not sure how useful that poll is btw as 200 is deff. not representative of the alleged 700K owners out there.
    Last edited by bruckwine; 07/13/2007 at 05:48 PM.
    Tough to say since we have no data on that.

I'm happy with the software included on the iPhone. There are only a couple apps i miss from my Treo as well as some features i'd like to see added to the existing iPhone apps. I'm confident they will come in time though.

Sling media alone makes the iphone look like a kids toy
    I'm not a TV junkie so sling media was never attractive to me, even when i had my Treo. Sling may make all the difference to you, but even when you look at the population of people who could install it on their devices, very few people are using it.

Like many people out there you couldn't pay me to use WM. If Palm were to come out with an modern OS and a really good 3G GSM phone I would consider switching back to them, but they would have to adopt a lot of what the iPhone is doing. The big screen, integrated media player (nothin out there compares to this iPod), real browser, solid email app, etc. are all things that rock on the iPhone and aren't matched on any mobile OS i've used.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe View Post
    Tough to say since we have no data on that.

I'm happy with the software included on the iPhone. There are only a couple apps i miss from my Treo as well as some features i'd like to see added to the existing iPhone apps. I'm confident they will come in time though.

I'm not a TV junkie so sling media was never attractive to me, even when i had my Treo. Sling may make all the difference to you, but even when you look at the population of people who could install it on their devices, very few people are using it.

Like many people out there you couldn't pay me to use WM. If Palm were to come out with an modern OS and a really good 3G GSM phone I would consider switching back to them, but they would have to adopt a lot of what the iPhone is doing. The big screen, integrated media player (nothin out there compares to this iPod), real browser, solid email app, etc. are all things that rock on the iPhone and aren't matched on any mobile OS i've used.
    Well I'm not hear to sell you on WM yet to compare what both OS give there customer.
    Lets start
    freedom of buying apps
    http://www.pocketgear.com/software_n...d.asp?typeid=1

Freedom of building apps
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91

A2Dp and on and on I could go.I will save that info for another post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast