Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    And the flaming starts...

Also not sure how useful that poll is btw as 200 is deff. not representative of the alleged 700K owners out there.
    Flaming follows idiocy, which is rampant here, e.g. your idle comment about polls. Do you have alternative poll data, or are you just blabbering? Is the one opinion you pulled out of your shorts worth more than that poll data?

Offered elsewhere, and reaffirmed here: I'll put $100,000 in escrow along with your $100,000. If Apple stock isn't 500% higher in five years because they've gobbled market share in cell phones, it's your money. Want another bet? Palm in bankruptcy, non-existent, or acquired for its tax value as a huge loss within five years. Want another bet? Relative market share of OSX vs. Windows in five years.

Email me if you have some money and something other than hot air coming from both ends. Otherwise, continue among yourselves: "Look, I can simulate racing a F1 car on my 2" screen! Incredible!"
    Brian
    Forget polls they all suck.
    Tell me some of the great software titles you can use on the iphone.I want at least 25 good ones please
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Forget polls they all suck.
    Nobody goes there anymore because it's too crowded."
    --Yogi Berra
    lol
    The typcal iphone user is new to the ppc market one would think.
    That's very assumptive on your part, slinger. I've used wm Treos for years, and came to some conclusions after trying the iphone.

I love Slingbox. It is the biggest thing that I miss right now. But how many times did I use it on my phone? I use it every day at work, but maybe once a month on my phone. Most other 3rd party apps were hardly used either, or enhacements to wm (better browsers, flexmail for html email/IDLE, pdf viewers, Treoalerts )

You can't define everyone. You can't even define "most people." What exactly is a "true professional," as you say? One who needs to edit office files on the go?

I'm not saying that everyone will like the iphone. Like I said, I kept my other phones in case I think differently later on. But there are many people that use their Treo's a lot less than wm is capable of. For simple fact of "need-to-use" circumstance.

Comments like those you have made are just instigative to iphone users. Like most others here, which I really don't care about, since most are just ridiculous. But don't think that users are more naive because they do not do "as much" as you can on your Treo. Should I make fun of all of you for not owning an HTC Advantage? How can you enjoy WM if you have that crappy 320x240 screen? And no wifi? And that small keyboard? And that little memory? You get the point.
    I guess it comes down to pros && cons of what the iPhone Provides .I find it lacking far more then any ppc on the market today=The basics
    If Palm locked me out of having a back up battery for the WX hmm...good by WX.
    The iphone users are fine with that...I just dont get it but hey it,s there can of worms after a few months of use.
    the thing about the battery is that the majority of us never used a second battery on our treo either. The only reason to remove the battery cover was to do a reset
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe View Post
    the thing about the battery is that the majority of us never used a second battery on our treo either. The only reason to remove the battery cover was to do a reset
    Power users like myself must have a back up on hand. Between
    Phone calls,Emails,laptop modem and entertainment gets me to 3pm.If I waited 4 hours for the charge hmm I might as well buy a second Phone.I hope im not the only ppc power user out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohbw View Post
    Who are you to comment on the typical iPhone user? Where's your research? You're a guy with a keyboard.

I had four Treos in six years -- not so new to the market. I had enough third party apps to fill SD cards and bankrupt Burundi. Guess what? Not only was it a colossal pain to buy it all, configure it all, keep it all working happily together, but most of it was stupid. Sling Media? Wowee! Now there's something we all want a lot more of: watching TV and movies on a 2" screen! (While changing batteries every 22 minutes, of course). Incredible advance, you've talked me into it: I'll toss the 56" Samsung and the 15" Macbook Pro. What could be more desirable than watching media with a magnifying glass?
    From what I read in your previous posts...all your iPhone love is related to "works perfect as a phone" and "media"...LMAO. Thats all you got. You had four Treo's with loads of apps. What apps?...games and more games. From what I can see your Treo's were a waste of money. You didn't even tap into your Treo if thats all you got. Your crippled use of the Treo has warped your brain on how crippled your ibone really is. I played with the iPhone and thought it looked awesome. If the iPhone could do what I need as well as my Treo with all its beautiful screen and overall beauty, I would definitely jump on it and get one, but it doesn't and even though I actually like the iPhone, its a too expensive Phone/media player for me to play with, and I don't play on my Treo.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by ohbw View Post
    Only 90% "extremely" or "very" satisfied in early poll of new iPhone owners:

"USA Today reports that early iPhone adopters are overwhelmingly happy with their iPhones.

In one of the first such studies, 90% of 200 owners said they were "extremely" or "very" satisfied with their phone. And 85% said they are "extremely" or "very" likely to recommend the device to others, says the online survey conducted and paid for by market researcher Interpret of Santa Monica, Calif. The firm surveyed 1,000 cellphone users July 6-10.
    Not saying the iPhone is not a great product for some, but 200 is hardly an adaquate poll when 500,000 or so were supposedly sold.
    Power users like myself must have a back up on hand. Between
    Phone calls,Emails,laptop modem and entertainment gets me to 3pm.If I waited 4 hours for the charge hmm I might as well buy a second Phone.I hope im not the only ppc power user out there.
    No I am one too, but I charge mine everynite and have a charger at work and in the car if need be for my 20 min commute
    Yeah i do the desk top charger thing every night as well but That back up is needed
    As one cool,great poster oalvarez stated in the past,
    (using a device without its battery cover is just plain wrong! )
    If you own an iPhone you have no worries
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    trolling fanboys - what's next?? A waste of server HD.

As in what's the REAL point of this thread? I think llarson already started one on iPhone love to counter surur's thread - why start a new thread over nothing new???
    Man, it's obvious ohbw has something to prove/make up for.

I mean, for god's sake he actually took the time to put two images of a "hot chick" on both phones, photograph them side-by-side, then upload it to be his avatar....

That's a special, hardcore, basement-at-mom's-house, dwelling nerd-ism. He even links to his own post...woo..

The iPhone could be a great device but with people like him "on their side" (plus Archie), seems like a great community of people with inferiority complexes, how else to read his references to his supposed money, objects and toys as his source of happiness?

We've hit bottom folks and it's sad and ugly.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    lol lol lol lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I mean, for god's sake he actually took the time to put two images of a "hot chick" on both phones, photograph them side-by-side, then upload it to be his avatar....
    What, a guy can't carry around pictures of his sister?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    What, a guy can't carry around pictures of his sister?
    eeewwwwww!

"Incest it the best, put your sister to the test!" -ohbw Family Motto

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    yuck
    not nice.....
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast