1.    #1  
    I was at J&R Electronics today and played wiht the HTC Touch. It really is a beautiful device...thin and really small. After a few minutes of playing with it, however, I got frustrated because of the difficulty with text entry. If HTC wants to have this device compete against the iPhone or other devices, they need to come up with a touchscreen input method simmilar to the iPhone's...not that the iPhone input is necessaily the best either (already tried it), but I think it's the needed piece for the touch. And before anyone mentions SPB Keyboard, I think SPB needs to alter the app so that it only takes up half the screen on entry and maybe enters text as you're actually typing...not just after you finish. If it had that type of keyboard, I'd be interested in buying the Touch.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    I have a HTC Touch. Its lovely, and very small. Its works fine light duty. but due to the lack of good text entry options its more my play phone than my work phone. My HTC Universal does that duty for now.

Its a good play phone though. Its very small, the touch Cube works for well as a simple launcher and shortcut to the music software, HTC's new Audio manager works pretty well, and HTC's today plug-in is quite lovely. A2DP works very well on the device (nice and strong, with good audio quality and no hiccups) and the ExtUSB port seems pretty durable. Its so small and light it easily goes into any pocket, and looks good too. Battery life is also very good. Audio volume is brilliant. Due to the very small size a bluetooth headset is not really needed.

Like I said, good play phone, not so good for work.

Surur
    does it offer 3G?
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    does it offer 3G?
    Not in the current overseas iteration, but a CDMA version is coming soon to the U.S.which will have EvDO RevA, so 3G+ (via BogyGeniusReport).

+ GPS

I don't think Wifi yet, though the other version currently does.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I have a Touch and use Happy Tapping Keyboard to replace the built-in keyboard. works better than SPB Fullscreen and Tengo Thumb that I have tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Not in the current overseas iteration,
    wow, no 3G.

thanks for the reply.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve