Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    check these guys out they think they iphone could do something no other phone has done yet our treo has been doing for years.....with third party software...over paid cell my opinion...

http://www.everythingiphone.com/foru...hone-4107.html
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 07/05/2007 at 01:23 PM. Reason: corrected link
    Linky no worky (for obvious reasons).
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Ignorance is a part of life...except it.
    at&t iPhone3G
    "Pretty bauble".
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Ignorance is a part of life...except it.
    This post is really ironic.
    yeah, you must except the ignorance. Lol. Resistance is futile
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    "Pretty bauble".
    That is definitely the iphone...lol The owners all must be court jesters.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by jondwright View Post
    This post is really ironic.
    "have your tongue in cheek" There is irony for you.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I agree with some posting here that the Iphone is impressive. I wanted to point out that thousands of people in the "smartpone" business are being hammered to mush by inquiries and questions about the Iphone. I was in a verizon wireless store when a consumer walked in and asked the sales people if they have the IPhone. They probably get asked the same question 100 times per day now!

It has gotta hurt! There is no way to deny it.

Don't fret too much. At least we are not sitting in that Verizon store!
    I posted in that thread. I couldn't resist. All I did was point out the things that I still do to show off my Treo that are impossible on the iPhone...and quickly there were people calling for my burning as a troll.

Oh, well. It was fun anyways.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Now that something more dazzling has arrived, we're all miffed about it.
    Dazzling it may be, but more capable that a Treo?
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    OK, yes the iPhone is pretty and yes it plays iTunes music. And then?

The big screen is nice but no keyboard is a killer for business. Period.

8GB is great. No expansion slot is killer. I can already get a 4GB SD card. Give it 6 months and all the i-folks are going to be complaining about carrying 2 devices :-) because they can't fit all their iPod music on the phone. Oh and P.S. I can listen to tunes on my Treo too.

The OS X port to a phone seems like a great achievement. No native apps makes this a non-smartphone.

I'm still waiting for the real "gotta have" requirement that this fills. It seems to me that Apple made the same dumb-@$$ mistakes Palm made with the 180G (fixed battery, no kbd, no expansion). To me the iPhone is an aesthetic improvement to the 180G. OK it is light years past the 180 but functionally not really.

Please Please Please, somebody tell me what I'm missing.
    That was fun reading. Ben
    Nice scenic pic! But no more cats, huh?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    That is definitely the iphone...lol The owners all must be court jesters.
    Its the treo owners and palm fanatics who take the cake as the court`s buffoons here.

Rimm is kicking palm`s *** back and forth and all around the block, with apple getting set to extend still more damage down the road.

Palm`s first smartphone was an embarrassment compared to apple`s first effort with the iphone.

The only court jesters around here are the ones who are still touting palm as a real player in the field anymore.

To me, THAT`S entertainment.
    The problem for those of us who use our for business functions, the iPhone at this stage of its life is not sufficient, does not have the goodies to do the job. It may be pretty, but I need something that works and the iPhone does not fit my needs.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott View Post
    I agree with some posting here that the Iphone is impressive. I wanted to point out that thousands of people in the "smartpone" business are being hammered to mush by inquiries and questions about the Iphone. I was in a verizon wireless store when a consumer walked in and asked the sales people if they have the IPhone. They probably get asked the same question 100 times per day now!

It has gotta hurt! There is no way to deny it.

Don't fret too much. At least we are not sitting in that Verizon store!
    I have the iPhone and was in a Verizon Wireless store today. It was in my case and wasn't easily identified as an iPhone. The store manager came up to me and asked if it was an iPhone. When I responded that it was, he asked if he could give it a test drive. I've never had anybody look at one of my Treos the way this guy was looking at this iPhone.
    Lock and Load!
    <moved>
    I call this as iPhone envy. I am envious but I am still resisting.
    No, the brats are still here, I just thought it was time or a change. Yesterday morning we had guests here and unlike bunches of cats, these two were the center of attention. The black one became a lap cat then a table cat...

This picture is a beach in the Makaha area, the west end of Oahu.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Nice scenic pic! But no more cats, huh?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast