Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    <moved>
    I call this as iPhone envy. I am envious but I am still resisting.
    No envy here. No need for resistance. Why are there so few people who can see through the pretty facade to see how little is actually there?
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    It's the screen and design. Many people cannot look past that. Remember, we are a superficial society to a large degree.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    No envy here. No need for resistance. Why are there so few people who can see through the pretty facade to see how little is actually there?
    lets say this: a consumer wants a phone, internet access, email capability, and music. they don't mind if they can't save files a certain way or if they can't load up 3rd party applications. while they don't mind that they welcome future implementations of such. they want simplicity, they're not proficient in the tech aspects of a device. they care about form-factor and design. to them an iPhone might meet their wants and needs.

to them, there is a lot there.

to you there might not be.

what's the big deal?
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    lets say this: a consumer wants a phone, internet access, email capability, and music. they don't mind if they can't save files a certain way or if they can't load up 3rd party applications. while they don't mind that they welcome future implementations of such. they want simplicity, they're not proficient in the tech aspects of a device. they care about form-factor and design. to them an iPhone might meet their wants and needs.

to them, there is a lot there.

to you there might not be.

what's the big deal?
    I believe I have shown many post where people who have already bought IPhone (therefore IPhone consumers) want functionality the IPhone does not have. Your mythical clueless consumer would probably not buy an IPhone.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Ignorance is a part of life...except it.
    Eight words of comedy genius. This was a joke, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by gkaatz View Post
    The big screen is nice but no keyboard is a killer for business. Period.

I can type faster on my iPhone than I can on my blackberry. The iphone is not for everybody, but please use it for more than a 5 minute demo at an apple store before making comments like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    ...Palm`s first smartphone was an embarrassment compared to apple`s first effort with the iphone. ...
    Actually, they seem very similar. A company takes it's bread&butter product (Palm Pilot, iPod) and adds a phone to it.

In context, wasn't the Treo 180 a significant, industry-altering deliverable (or for that matter the handspring visor phone module)?

iPhone may be the same for this generation.

Of course, iPhone has the advantage of several predecessors building the foundation on which it now stands.

(DISCLAIMER: my knowledge of smart phone history is limited, so feel free to pound my observation into powder if appropriate)
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I believe I have shown many post where people who have already bought IPhone (therefore IPhone consumers) want functionality the IPhone does not have. Your mythical clueless consumer would probably not buy an IPhone.

Surur

feel free to show us quotes from the 500m-1mm of them who want to return their devices at this time (based on not having what it is that they want). i believe i did say while they don't mind not having added features (implying that they're not returning it) they would welcome future implementations of such.
    Thanks for the link. Sure is a stress reliever HAHA. I cant stop laughing LOL. Specially the one about zooming in and out of maps. I had a friend who was bragging about that then I showed him Live Search on my Mogul. LOL. I even linked it to my GPS. Then he mentioned the ichat for AIM. Then I showed him Mundu and Octrotalk(free) for AIM, yahoo, MSN. Then I showed him TCPMP, streaming on shoutcast, PDAnet, voice command, m.youtube.com. I would've kept going but I didnt wanna make him feel too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    Eight words of comedy genius. This was a joke, right?
    Yes...Its all kool and the gang.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    Thanks for the link. Sure is a stress reliever HAHA. I cant stop laughing LOL. Specially the one about zooming in and out of maps. I had a friend who was bragging about that then I showed him Live Search on my Mogul. LOL. I even linked it to my GPS. Then he mentioned the ichat for AIM. Then I showed him Mundu and Octrotalk(free) for AIM, yahoo, MSN. Then I showed him TCPMP, streaming on shoutcast, PDAnet, voice command, m.youtube.com. I would've kept going but I didnt wanna make him feel too bad.
    Ignorance is so bliss(i.e. I am joking Kool and the Gang).
    at&t iPhone3G
    feel free to show us quotes from the 500m-1mm
    500 metres to 1 millimetre?

of them who want to return their devices at this time (based on not having what it is that they want). i believe i did say while they don't mind not having added features (implying that they're not returning it) they would welcome future implementations of such.
    When did I say they were returning them? I am saying they are missing the functionality, but on balance still want the phone. They want to take videos, but still want the coolest phone on the block. Why is this concept so difficult for you to understand? Its like you only see things from Apple POV (just do enough to get people to buy the phone and not return it, but not necessarily even meeting industry standard).

Surur
    500 metres to 1 millimetre?
    sorry Surur, but in some businesses the roman numeral M is still used to represent thousands and MM to represent millions. forgive me if you did not know that or if that is not the convention that you use. it is in the field that i work in and that's all that matters to me. you can fight that 'til you're blue in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    Die hard iPod users and Palm's incremental product releases adds up to the blinding factor.
    Your mythical clueless consumer would probably not buy an IPhone.

Surur
    that's odd, they bought over 500m of them!

tech savvy you might be

Surur
    As The Phone Diva says: superficial society.

The mythical clueless consumer is over 500K (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19547553/). If 50% of these are unhappy, that's still 250K iPhone consumers over 3-4 days.

tech savvy you might be
    EDIT: I didn't see post #34 above before I wrote this...still, I thought this was interesting. I was just trying to understand the whole "M" thing myself...

M the Roman numeral 1000, sometimes used in symbols to
    indicate a thousand, as in Mcf, a traditional symbol
    for 1000 cubic feet. Given the widespread use of M to
    mean one million, this older use of M to mean 1000 is
    very confusing and should be scrapped.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 07/05/2007 at 06:42 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    oalvarez, I have to ask...

What's with the "m" after putting a number? What does that mean?

I thought if you meant 500 thousand, you would say "500 K" where "K" would refer to Kilo or thousand.

M
    would be for Molar in chem or mega- as in megabits. Mil for millions is acceptable e.g. 500mil = 500 million.

I did read:

I'm just trying to figure out how you are coming up with this stuff, as clearly from a few posts people are getting confused e.g. what does "mm" mean besides millimeter?
    Sometimes members on the forums like to have a pissing contest with examples of encephalon evolution.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Sometimes members on the forums like to have a pissing contest with encephalon evolution.
    lol, actually that is one of my specialties especially in regards to the human linguistic capacity...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter

tech savvy you might be

This article, which was a survey from the people standing in line, says the buyers were mostly geeks and Apple fan boys. They are not your mother (unless she was trying to flip them onto Ebay).

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/busine..._buyers30.html

You are pretty sensitive about metric units, arnt you.

Surur
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast