Will the leaks never cease?

2. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
  3. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Too Cheesey...

I don't know if that thing is a Palm. Looks too cheesey to me. Whaadaya you guys/gals think? I'm thinking it's another player here.
  5. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Items of interest:

*Small (m50x?) size
    *Metal case
    *Built-in (as opposed to flip-up) antenna
    *SD slot moved to lower right side instead of top (because of antenna?)
    *E-mail HW button instead of MemoPad/NotePad
    *LED/Vibrate alarm
  6. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Originally posted by LarryN
    Too Cheesey...

I don't know if that thing is a Palm. Looks too cheesey to me. Whaadaya you guys/gals think? I'm thinking it's another player here.
    It's possible that the photos are fake, but if so, they are damned good ones! Also, we know that Yankowski has bashed the Palm VII form factor and has indicated they are working on a wireless device in a smaller form factor. I would be surprised if this has a color screen, though.
    Seems like with Palm's long term corporate plan of "wireless as god-king of PDA's," they'd try to make it a bit more professional looking. I could see the same thing, but with a metal casing....
    Hmm, actually i expected the m700 to be Palm's answer to Sony's new Clie.
    But that is rather a VII successor than a multimedia device. But there should be a color version that takes advantage of the m700's internet capabilities.
    However, the design of this device is pretty good. Don't you think the power button looks like the Visor Prism's ?
  9. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    The picture is definitely of a mono device, since there is a contrast button (icon). Also, if you check out palminfocenter, there's an article about Palm's plans for a wireless device:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=1875

Pretty good timing on those stories from palmstation and palminfocenter, I'd say.
    I say these are "the lost Roswell 1957 pix" of a Palm that were found in an alien's Otterbox on the outskirts of...
    "Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds." -- Albert Einstein