Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    read
    http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...c-information/

In fact, Apple has a video on how to reset your iphone

So much for all the bs about it being rock solid . In fact on the iPhone i have, the accelorometer is working really crappy, fliping things upside down and not turning when i try to actually go to landscape mode
    MacRumors had a lot of crash posts too.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    do you have the link? maybe the cause is some third party developer app they downloaded
    See Surur's "10 things I hate" thread. He posted a lot of them.

I went over there directly and saw all the activation slowdown threads, which also don't help.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Where's Archie to tell us how stable OS X on the iPhone is.

I think they rushed it and will try to patch it as time goes on...so maybe it will be solid in version 2 or 3
    Funny how he's nowhere to be found on the big weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Funny how he's nowhere to be found on the big weekend!
    Maybe his iPhone has not been activated yet! The irony!!

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212 View Post
    In fact on the iPhone i have, the accelorometer is working really crappy, fliping things upside down and not turning when i try to actually go to landscape mode
    I think the iPhone rotates only one way.
    Actually it flips both ways, except for Video.

Surur
    activation threads?

my activation took less than 3 minutes and i'm sure so many other's did as well. they're just not silly enough to post the fact, only the complainers.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Oalveraz, sure yours went quick and many others.

But a lot of otherswere left hanging. If there weren't a lot, AP would not have run a story on it.

But we can liekly agre on one thing - there have been more craashes than activation issues.
    Guys, as with any software, macs/iPhones can crash too you know. I think I've read a report or two of a Palm/WM device crashing...

My iPhone hasn't crashed at all. No hiccups what so ever. So for me and my non-scientific test, the iPhone is 100% stable. Never been able to say that about any other device.

Different strokes. I'm fine with the iPhone, most everyone else here isn't (despite never seeing the thing in person). Ahh the beauty of choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    Guys, as with any software, macs/iPhones can crash too you know. I think I've read a report or two of a Palm/WM device crashing...

My iPhone hasn't crashed at all. No hiccups what so ever. So for me and my non-scientific test, the iPhone is 100% stable. Never been able to say that about any other device.
    Wow. dont think Ive ever heard an apple enthusiast (notice didnt use the other word) say the hardware crashed.
    Apple products tend to crash LESS than the competitors...therefore it still holds true if comparing Apples to Palms
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    Wow. dont think Ive ever heard an apple enthusiast (notice didnt use the other word) say the hardware crashed.
    This is my first ever Apple product. I'd hardly call that an "enthusiast." My home is full of MSFT products (typing this on my Vista laptop). Crashing sw is a fact of life for me. I'm immune to it. It is strange, however, to have something that actually hasn't locked up or crashed on me. Kinda cool, you know?

EDIT: BTW, as I submitted this post, IE7 on Vista crashed, automaticially re-started (does this many times a day). Oh the irony! Haha.
    They even reported on the news about the activation problem, so it must be more widespread than just the "complainers" on MacRumors. But it's ATT that gets the blame on that one. Probably also other carriers slow to port numbers over.

I've used Macs (and PCs) for years and everybody who does since OSX knows the "kernel error"..their version of the BSOD...I think the main point is the iPhone is crashing w/o any 3rd party apps..my treo 680 never crashed out of the box (maybe I was lucky) and it took weeks of adding 3rd party apps before it finally did (since that as I was loathe to go find out which specific one did it so I left most of 'em and now it crashes maybe once a week lol - I'm lazy)!
    always good to see how the other side thinks too:

had both phones activated in less than 2 minutes each

my activation took just a few minutes

No problems, Sync'd fine, no issues with AT&T.

activating it was just like the Tour showed and took only about 5 minutes

1. Activation took no more than 2 minutes.

Activation was trivial and flawless

It was SO easy to activate

my phone was working 3-5min after activation process was complete.

i think you get the point
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    The point being you had a good experience activating your iPhone?

Good for you.

So why are you still on TC is the jPhone is perfect?
    Did you get an entirely new number or port over? Or did you move an existing ATT number over to the iPhone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast