1.    #1  
    Modaco has a review of the HTC Kaiser up. This device, which will be released in Europe in August and is definitely coming to AT&T, has near everything - 400 MHz processor, 128 MB RAM, 256 MB Flash, WIFI, bluetooth 2 + EDR, HSDPA, GPS, and a whole slew of other acronyms, but still maintains a compact design and innovative screen mechanism.

It has an excellent 3.2 Megapixel Auto focus camera, and for once appears to take decent quality pictures.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=...=post&id=21906

The HTC Kaiser is definitively the new king of the PocketPC hill. Read the full review here.

Surur
    OOPS!! Missed the 256 Flash as the ROM.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 06/30/2007 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Read specs wrong.
    I am absolutely blown away by the quality of the camera on this device. Wow!

Edit: Sized down the image (had to, it was originally too big) to around 1600x1200 so non-modaco members can see this pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by g-funkster; 06/30/2007 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Everything still has 128 RAM in 2007?

It's cool though! I just wish someone would break out of the 128 mode.
    - 256MB ROM
    - 128MB RAM

Those are very above average figures these days!
  5.    #5  
    Everything still has 128 RAM in 2007?

It's cool though! I just wish someone would break out of the 128 mode.
    No, thats 128 MB RAM, Real RAM, not storage. Most devices only have 64. It has 256 MB flash, which is double what most devices have (128). Except for a VGA screen this device is pretty loaded.

Surur
    Maybe I was thinking ROM, sorry about that!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    So it's about $1000 unlocked I bet!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8.    #8  
    So it's about $1000 unlocked I bet!
    Speculation is that it will be around $700. Of course over here phones are heavily subsidized, so it will probably around $200 here with contract.

Surur
    $700? For the specs and unlocked, that's good, since the TyTN went for around the same with even less specs. But the $200 means they'll be locked, right? XDA Developers will probably figure out a way to unlock them anyway though. $200 will be a bargain then!! You lucky s, LOL!!!

Will we also get the front facing camera? And this is 400mhz from a 2 core chip like the 6800? I'd be all over this if it was CDMA.
  11.    #11  
    AT&T is introducing some form f video calling, so the AT&T one will probably also have the front-facing camera. The chip is a Qualcomm chip - I'm not sure about the specs.

Surur
    Finally, everything in one device. A locked version for 200.00 doesn't seem possible considering the 8525 is still 300.00 with AT&T. That would be incredible though...
    SE P900-->Treo 650 (Cingular)-->Qtek 9100-->Treo 650 (Unlocked)-->Treo 680 (Unlocked)-->Treo 650-->ATT Tilt-->Blackberry Curve-->?PRE
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by cutoffcirc View Post
    Finally, everything in one device. A locked version for 200.00 doesn't seem possible considering the 8525 is still 300.00 with AT&T. That would be incredible though...
    Its a UK thing.
    http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobil...ly/t-mobile/1/

Surur
    what kills me is that I'm a T-Mobile USA customer and although I really love T-Mo's network and service, use of their hotspots, and the fact that it works oh-so-well when I travel overseas (which I do to much of thanks to work), they have the smallest selection of devices. I had to buy my Tytn unlocked from J&R electronics, whom you can always get the unlocked devices from...if you're new on AT&T or T-Mo, they will give you the discount and setup the phone for you. However, that means that the insurance won't cover the device and none of the standard other T-Mo niceties like messenger related things, etc. will come with it.

I will absolutely be buying the Kaiser, but it is annoying that I will have to spend yet another $700 for an unlocked, technically-unsupported device by my carrier.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cutoffcirc View Post
    You can get the 8525 for $125 though Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/AT-T-8525-PDA-...bosnation0e-20

Up until a few weeks ago, they were offering it for free to their premier customers.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...734735&start=0
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    any chance of this coming to sprint? i'm thinking this will be my next phone unless the imate ultimate 7150 ever comes out.
    My understanding is that there will also be a lower model that will come with a 2mp camera and forgo the HSUPA and I think something else. Anyone know if that is the version we get in north america or is it this version we get?
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    1) Is this GSM only? (I'm on Sprint)
    2) Can you open the device without tilting it up? As a normal slider too?
    3) True GPS or AGPS?
    4) Aside from camera, what makes this better than 6800?

Thanks.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize View Post
    1) Is this GSM only? (I'm on Sprint)
    Yes
    2) Can you open the device without tilting it up? As a normal slider too?
    Yes
    3) True GPS or AGPS?
    True GPS, but not SIRF III, so slower cold start fixing times.
    4) Aside from camera, what makes this better than 6800?
    It has much more RAM, which will make for a much smoother operation (like 50 MB free ALL THE TIME. It has video conferencing (which may not matter to you). It will have PTT on AT&T. I think thats about all.
    Thanks.
    Answers in bold.

Surur