Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yes, It looks sooo good. It's pretty! And the marketing hype around it reminded me of when LeBron James came to the NBA, but rest assured Treo 750 owners, we still have a better unit, because:

1. iPhone is not 3G ready--All those pretty graphics and browser functions are useless if you have to rely on AT&T's Edge. Yes it has WiFi, but chances are if you have WiFi then you are using your laptop. The point is to be able to surf anywhere using 3G.

2. NO MMS!!!! There is nothing that needs to be said about that. WHAT THE HECK!!!! DEFINITELY A BACKWARDS MOVE

3. No choice of external memory cards--Thank you for the 5Gig, 8Gig options that will be eaten up by the MP3 iPod. Still give me a choice to use external memory for what I want to use it for.

4. No stereo Blutooth! Again I say...what the heck: You gave us an iPod and Bluetooth 2.0, but now I can't even use my stereo Bluetooth.

Cool points
    1. MP3 Ringtones out of the box
    2. Visual Voicemail
    3. Bragging rights to having the sweetest looking phone around.
    4. iPod (barely)
    5. WiFi

I was so anxious and ready to get it. I know some of you Treo 750 owners are ready to jump on the bandwagon too seeing most of us already have AT&T/Cingular, but the bottom line is:

IT'S NOT READY FOR PRIME-TIME YET! Enjoy your:
    1. 3G
    2. Office Apps out of the box
    3. MMS
    4. Stereo Bluetooth
    5. Optional memory
    Last edited by NewToTreo; 06/30/2007 at 10:07 AM.
    1. MP3 Ringtones out of the box
    Strike this of your list. No mp3 ring tones on the iPhone.

Surur
    Well, I'm an *****. I have both the Treo 750 and the iPhone. I only stood in line for an hour for mine yesterday though.

A real downer is that I am still waiting for my phone to be activated. I'm into my 15th hour now. There are many others that are having the same problem. Evidently, Apple or AT&T didn't have enough server capacity to handle the influx of activations at one time.

That being said, I LOVE my Treo 750 and will be keeping it. I figure that after I get my iPhone fix that my wife will be taking it.
    Lock and Load!
    I will not switch because surur wouldn't be my friend anymore
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Not true. One does not abandon friends who make bad decisions

Surur
    lol...I think I'll stick with my Mogul and avoid the iPhone. The only redeeming thing about the iPhone IMO is that I believe its OS is based on FreeBSD.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I just tried one and admit I was impressed with how fast and slick the user interface is - it is definitely an Apple product. The navigation is smooth as silk and just a dream to use.

BUT, it is not a phone for business users/travelers IMO. And so much for the smudge free glass - the demo had smudges and smears all over it. $600 + a shiney new AT&T 2 year contract? No thanks.

Now if Palm would only get WM6 onto my Treo 750 or release a 3G POS Treo I could die a happy man knowing I made the right decision by walking away from the iPhone and not buying one!
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    I just tried one and admit I was impressed with how fast and slick the user interface is - it is definitely an Apple product. The navigation is smooth as silk and just a dream to use.

BUT, it is not a phone for business users/travelers IMO. And so much for the smudge free glass - the demo had smudges and smears all over it. $600 + a shiney new AT&T 2 year contract? No thanks.

Now if Palm would only get WM6 onto my Treo 750 or release a 3G POS Treo I could die a happy man knowing I made the right decision by walking away from the iPhone and not buying one!
    Well unless they get mine activated soon, it is going back to the store. It is a little ridiculous to be almost 24 hours into the process and not have an active phone.
    Lock and Load!
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    I played with it for a long time too. Wow. It sure is beautiful. The GUI is amazing. The fluid movement between apps and screen rotation is impressive. The elegance of the pics and music and browser are amazing.

Like the negatives already posted - I couldn't bring myself to do it. Not yet.

Bring that thing out with 3G, GPS and 3rd party apps and - wow. Slam dunk for me. But, I don't think I will be leaving Sprint anytime soon so - none of this paragraph will hapen for me. I'm glad it is out there though - since I expect many new platforms this fall from the results of this launch.

For now, I'll be staying with either the 755P or possibly moving to the 6800. Still have worries about loosing the 1 handed ability on a slider.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post

I disagree.. I have the 650 and had completely dismissed the iphone and was ready to upgrade to the 750..

My Son waited on line and got his iphone Friday.. While helping him set up email I got a chance to play a little..

I was like.. well too bad it does not show PDF, Excel and Word documents..

My son was like sure it does.. I emailed him one of each...

Logged on to his gmail and Holy crap! No only is the email full HTML, but all my documents opened up they way they were originally sent! Not like the Schitty Docs to go view and palmPDF.

I can drive and use the 2 finger stretch method on the screen to blow it up and then toss it around the screen with a few finger flicks...

Once I determine if I can use a bluetooth GPS receiver and tether a laptop.. I am THERE!.. I want one! My 650 looks like a Stone Tablet next to this thing....
    Also Edge is remarkably fast considering the limits.. Even the keyboard is usable one handedly..

Business uses
    Full HTML Email
    Opens WOrd, Excel, PDF
    Syncs with Outlook contact and calendar
    Internet

Oh and a Phone...

By the way.. the speakerphone is FULL DUPLEX.. I was actually able to converse with my wife and interupt her on speakerphone.. Also while talking I snapped a picture and emailed it to my son and the phone never missed a beat..

Treo wont do that. Also LOUSY Speaker Phone.. Never thought I'd be saying this.. But I am most certain I aint buying another treo..
    Never said i was buying another treo either. My current one is fine..much better than the iphone. Will it be better than the version 2 iphone? Probably not. But c'mon, by then it will be 2 years older or so.
    Well, don't hold your breath for that gps and tethering....

And what, an activation problem? Nah, it couldn't be...
    if you use your treo for phone, email, internet, and music you're missing out.

i'm actually contemplating skipping writing a review because this place has become absurd with the constant silly negative drivel, some not having to do with the actual device. in some instances the hate isn't even about the iPhone but in how it was hyped and apple executive's associated comments. most of the haters/opinionated don't even own one but continue to spew nonsense with the false security that some other TreoCentral poster will be at their rescue. it's really pretty stupid when you think of it, it's the same bunch of us going back and forth and the like. while entertaining in some sick way the threads have become absolutely pointless.

having said that, the current iPhone will not replace my blackberry for business purposes. i said that months prior to the release and i'm saying it again.

but if you use your Treo for phone, internet, email and music you're missing out, and so is Palm. did i say that already?

bcaslis was right.
    Last edited by oalvarez; 07/01/2007 at 10:56 PM.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    NO review for me either. So far, so good though. Not one crash, freeze, reset, or slowdown.
    My iPhone was finally activated this evening. I've been playing with it for the last five hours or so. iPod functionality is very good as you might expect. The device is beautiful. Not too sure about the keyboard yet. However, setting up and receiving my home email and gmail accounts was a breeze. Camera is pretty good, but not great. Love the safari browser and being able to see the "real" internet. Edge speeds are ok, but not near as fast as my 750 is on 3G.
    Lock and Load!
    Come on guys, post reviews! Probably will have to do it in the other forum though. I bet the Mods will move all iPhone threads over there again.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Activation issues affecting half of all iPhone users, and more than a third are still u/s (engadget).
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Activation issues affecting half of all iPhone users, and more than a third are still u/s (engadget).
    engadget has tilted slightly anti-iPHONE as are most of its readers. The poll is what it is unscientific and unreliable. I would guess a large %, and you to right , voted who don't even own an iPHONE.

when you sell 500,000 devices in 72 hours I assume problems will pop up.
    LLARSON
    Treo 600, 650,700P, 755P and iPHONE
    C'mon Oalveraz and Pattycert, post those reviews.

To not to a review due to the banter on this board seems a little chickeny.

What do I have to buy one and review it myself? " could be one of the 500,000...
    I can type relatively fast on my Treo 750. I can't imagine I'd be half as fast with the iPhone's onscreen keyboard. Has anyone tried it? How is it? I heard that it's word suggestion is pretty good, but still....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast