Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I just realized an overlooked issue I would have with the iPhone...

Everything syncs through iTunes...

Hmm...well, my iTunes library is on one computer; I sync my iPods to that.

My main laptop is where my contacts and calendar are...I have iTunes installed (for Quicktime), but it doesn't have my library.

Guess that means I will be entering contacts manually if I got it...and no synching of calendar and contacts, since they reside on two different machines.

Our course, I would put my iTunes library on my laptop..except it's over 2TB!

(Correction - I have heard you can selectively sync categories of data across different iTunes instances)
    Last edited by mikec; 07/03/2007 at 03:39 PM. Reason: correction based on new info...
    you could export/import your contacts onto your other machine....
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    I just realized an overlooked issue I would have with the iPhone...

Everything syncs through iTunes...

Hmm...well, my iTunes library is on one computer; I sync my iPods to that.

My main laptop is where my contacts and calendar are...I have iTunes installed (for Quicktime), but it doesn't have my library.
    I sync my Treo with Keysuite to two different PCs so I can have the same contacts and Calendar on both. One of the major reasons I won't be buying an iPhone. Another is AT&T won't unlock the phone so I can use a prepaid SIM in Europe.
  4.    #44  
    When I started this thread, it was not in my heart to bash Apple! As a matter of fact, I have a G5 and I am in love with Apple. I mean, the way the stuff works, is just amazing. Stuff really works and the way they think of things is so amazing. So much so, I just ditched a desktop and took the hardrive out and and put it into my mac and yes of course it read the drive and it worked without a glitch...

I guess I wrote the post, because I was a bit disappointed that Apple would come out with a unit without the glitz and glamor. If you want to be a Treo killer...then kill the Treo...lol! Do it in style and sit back and watch everyone drool. The things left off the iPhone are things that are inexcusable.

I guess what I'm saying is.....I want an iPhone, but I won't shell out the doe, if it's not what it's suppose to be. Don't insult me, by not giving me MMS yet giving me a camera...come on Apple!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    That's cool...except I can do it twice as fast on the Treo, and I am a poor typist.

20 wpm is nothing to get excited about.
    45 wpm is considered acceptable for graduate of secretarial schools on a full size keyboard. For a person to do 40 after less than a day of practice would be simply amazing IMO. I certainly can't type more 20 wpm on a Treo unless I adopt "l33t-spell". Takes me 10 seconds just to type "accommodate"....which is why I save anything requiring a > 20-25 word response till I can be reasonably productive on a full size keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
    No doubt, but it also spells "masterful" when it comes to marketing. Business schools will be studying this launch for years. Apple did a masterful job of creating a buzz around this device.
    Yeah but marketing aside, once peeps are in the stores and "see the demo", they still have to be impressed enough to buy it. We all complain about the "bundled crap" on laptops when we buy them, but a lot of that stuff (i.e. multimedia screensavers) is what turns heads when sitting on shelves in CompUSA. In the real estate industry they call it "curb appeal" .... many times a house is "sold" as the client is getting out of the agents car. In the gadget industry it's called the "OOBE" or out of box experience. Gadget Geeks make a teeny segment of the market but they are the only ones that look at spec sheets.....but still if it ain't got a great OOBE, even GG's walk away from the counter. Apple rules the OOBE.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE View Post
    Takes me 10 seconds just to type "accommodate"....which is why I save anything requiring a > 20-25 word response till I can be reasonably productive on a full size keyboard.
    Well, at least on WM devices they have a similar "word suggest" that the iPhone has.

After 2 or "X" letters (it's configurable) it'll pop up a list of potential words: 1-4 by default, 6 with a tweak.

So writing "accommodate" on a WM Treo takes 6 letters to bring it up (which suggests that I don't use that word much in my dictionary, lol)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123