Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llarson View Post
    I would guess a large %, and you to right , voted who don't even own an iPHONE.
    Damn, how did you guess!

<--------- Just don't tell everyone I don't really look like this!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Well unless they get mine activated soon, it is going back to the store. It is a little ridiculous to be almost 24 hours into the process and not have an active phone.
    I read an article that the carriers servers could not handle the load of activations and that they were bogging down to a dangerous level. They basically were not prepared to handle the demand of this product.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    C'mon Oalveraz and Pattycert, post those reviews.

To not to a review due to the banter on this board seems a little chickeny.

What do I have to buy one and review it myself? " could be one of the 500,000...
    post a review about a device that you're already so familiar with? an expert such as yourself for you to say that it doesn't offer 3G?

no thanks.

bcaslis was right
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    post a review about a device that you're already so familiar with? an expert such as yourself for you to say that it doesn't offer 3G?

no thanks.

bcaslis was right
    I am familiar with the specs. I have used one for about 10 minutes.

That is hardly enough time for a full review.

If you would rather no back up your original commitment, that's fine; just don't use other as an excuse for your lack of integrity.

I saw one again today....purdy, purdy. I am half tempted to get one...except for the few dealbreakers for me. But i have faith version 2 and 3 will get better.
    "lack of integrity" for not wanting to post a review of the iPhone given all of the nonsense that's been thrown around.

keep trying pal
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Here's a review.

Re: so tell me what u think about the iphone

quadrain61

Sadly I'm going to cancel the plan and return the phone (I signed up for a new plan just in case this happened). After reviewing the phone

1. It looks nice
    2. The UI is nice
    3. Some of the features are nice
    4. Browser I like
    5. Nice screen
    6. Ample storage space

However, this phone is missing too much out of a productive world. In the end after reviewing the phone, I see the iPhone just being the worthless $599 thing in my hand. It's like a kitten, it so nice but in the end it does nothing. The speaker phone is also inferior to many phones out there, the keyboard has a bad layout, speaker is NOT loud, inability to browse files on the iPhone, main features on the iPhone I could use on a Windows Mobile and Palm powered device. It's just me I guess since I'm a college student find the Windows Mobile platform to fit my needs rather than using a phone that places emphasis on a phone with MP3 support and photos (by which the 8525 can do too), nor am I biased mac user, or nor does my parents spoil me.

Other runs I've done the iPhone was able to hit 150 kbits/sec and a load of "bad server error" , while the 8525 have been hitting 700 kbits/sec to 1000 kbits/sec.

Nothing new

iPhone - .mp4 player or something.
    Windows Mobile - Divx Player (TCMP)
    http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/b...cending&page=2

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    C'mon Oalveraz and Pattycert, post those reviews.

To not to a review due to the banter on this board seems a little chickeny.

What do I have to buy one and review it myself? " could be one of the 500,000...
    Whoa, that's not what I meant!

No review for me, yes, because I've only used it two days. Every part of this phone has been dissected, and re-dissected, to death. I haven't crashed the phone yet, and until I do I don't think there's a point. Working great so far, no issues, some complaints. Nothing new though.

Writing a review is a long process, I want to get all my eggs in the basket before I lay 'em

I have made a ton of reviews on a TON of phones only to decide a month later that my opinion is totally different.

I'll make a review, but give me a few days. It will be long, I assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    Whoa, that's not what I meant!

No review for me, yes, because I've only used it two days. Every part of this phone has been dissected, and re-dissected, to death. I haven't crashed the phone yet, and until I do I don't think there's a point. Working great so far, no issues, some complaints. Nothing new though.

Writing a review is a long process, I want to get all my eggs in the basket before I lay 'em

I have made a ton of reviews on a TON of phones only to decide a month later that my opinion is totally different.

I'll make a review, but give me a few days. It will be long, I assure you.
    Oakie doakie...thanks.I look forward to it in a week or so. I hear ya; sometimes you need to play with somethinfg for a while to be able to write a full review.
    And I have questioned this phone in the iphone forum (RIP, we miss you dearly) to death, so my review will be very impartial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    And I have questioned this phone in the iphone forum (RIP, we miss you dearly) to death, so my review will be very impartial.
    I'm into my second day of using this thing....

1) Still having trouble with the virtual keyboard.

2) Love the iPod and wifi ability.

3) EDGE bites though.

4) I still like the safari browser, particuarly the magnification abilities related to the text.

5) Visual voicemail is a useful tool

Having used a Treo (650/700P/750) and Blackberry over the past few years, my thoughts are this:

The iPhone is the "coolest" phone out there for the general public.

The Treo, Blackberry and other similar devices are more functional for the business person.

If the Treo were a little slimmer and had a better mp3 player and wifi it would be a no brainer, IMO.
    Lock and Load!
    One of the reason I don't care about the iPhone is that its too popular. I will go ahead and admit I am a snob.

But even if its not too popular, it still is too big for my taste. Also it reminds me of early generation iPod too much, basically you have to treat it like a baby and pray the the warranty will cover the rest of the ver.A hardware problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewToTreo View Post
    4. iPod (barely)
    Much closer to a nano than an ipod.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
    I'm into my second day of using this thing....

If the Treo were a little slimmer and had a better mp3 player and wifi it would be a no brainer, IMO.
    I can't believe you said that. pTunes IMO is the best thing ever happened to Treo. It's almost as good as iTunes on PC. BTW my mp3 of choice on PC is iTunes. I have a 8 gig card and my complete library on my Treo, and a "iTunes skin" on my pTunes. I can't think of anything wrong with pTunes. Maybe non supporting smart playlist and that's it.

What don't you like about pTunes may I ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by llarson View Post
    when you sell 500,000 devices in 72 hours I assume problems will pop up.
    Consider that Apple sold in a weekend what Palm sells in Treos in a year. Argue any way ya want but that spells "success" with capital letters.
    Quote Originally Posted by navinrjohnson View Post
    I can type relatively fast on my Treo 750. I can't imagine I'd be half as fast with the iPhone's onscreen keyboard. Has anyone tried it? How is it? I heard that it's word suggestion is pretty good, but still....
    My son who is planning to get one sent me this in response to my comment on the subject

I owe him a playful smack
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE View Post
    My son who is planning to get one sent me this in response to my comment on the subject

That's cool...except I can do it twice as fast on the Treo, and I am a poor typist.

20 wpm is nothing to get excited about.
    Consider that Apple sold in a weekend what Palm sells in Treos in a year. Argue any way ya want but that spells "success" with capital letters.
    They are selling a bazillion, no doubt. I just wondering it the adoption will keep pace or trail off.

Want to slow him down, ask him to insert a couple of these: "."

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    I can't believe you said that. pTunes IMO is the best thing ever happened to Treo. It's almost as good as iTunes on PC. BTW my mp3 of choice on PC is iTunes. I have a 8 gig card and my complete library on my Treo, and a "iTunes skin" on my pTunes. I can't think of anything wrong with pTunes. Maybe non supporting smart playlist and that's it.

What don't you like about pTunes may I ask?

When I had the Treo 700p, my pTunes skipped like crazy. The sound quality was no where near what is on the iPhone.

There are areas in which the Treo line is better than the iPhone, but the mp3 player isn't one of them.
    Lock and Load!
    No doubt, but it also spells "masterful" when it comes to marketing. Business schools will be studying this launch for years. Apple did a masterful job of creating a buzz around this device.
    Lock and Load!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast