1.    #1  
    Here are some real short videos I took

Browsing Palmloyal.com on Apple iPhone

Treo 755p on top of an Apple iPhone

Apple iPhone & Palm Treo 755p Side by Side

Here are some pics
    http://www.splashblog.com/godschoice
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    $599 for an iphone vs $279 (less rebates and invoice credits that basically got me to $8.00 for my Treo 755P) and a $30.00 SERO plan with unlimited data and SMS. Not to mention unlimited PCS to PCS calls so I can talk to the GF for free...

I think I'll stick with the 755P
    to me the biggest drawbacks to the iphone are, no 3rd party apps, an internal battery like the old treo 600, no expansion slot for a memory card,,, not to mention it is only on ATTs edge
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    to me the biggest drawbacks to the iphone are, no 3rd party apps
    Maybe we need a new category to define the iPhone; A PhoneApplicance, perhaps - for people who don't want to mess around 3rd party apps and the bother of it all. I know a guy who used to wash his hands before touching his Apple laptop , for people like that.
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Maybe we need a new category to define the iPhone; A PhoneApplicance, perhaps - for people who don't want to mess around 3rd party apps and the bother of it all. I know a guy who used to wash his hands before touching his Apple laptop , for people like that.
    people who have not even held one.

Go see one and you will wonder what Palm has been up to.

The GUI is amazing and very user friendly.

Keyboard takes a little getting used to but so does the BB boards.

Everyone should at least hold one once it is very nice.
    LLARSON
    Treo 600, 650,700P, 755P and iPHONE
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    no expansion slot for a memory card,,, not to mention it is only on ATTs edge
    Not a big deal considering you can have 4 or 8gb on internal memory. Since there are no Treo's that support SDHC, you would have to buy multiple cards just to match the storage on a iPhone.

As for ATT EDGE, I agree it would have been nice to have, but neither does a Treo 680 and that was just released not too long ago. Battery life, m'boy....it's all about battery life.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    My Treo 700p had an 8GB card in it, SDHC and...
    My Treo 755p has a 4GB card in it, mini, SDHC... (can't wait for the 8GB card to come out.

the iPhone is nice, but not worth the money at this point and definitely not worth leaving the Sprint network. For all it's drawbacks, Sprint's network is 1000 times better than Cingular/AT&T period. I can tell you every single time i'm speakign with someone on that network... the clarity of the phone call takes me back to the day when digital cell began to replace analog. Horrible.

ed
    After looking at that, the 755p looks like it ate a few of those iPhones for dinner. Got to go jogging with my 755p. Work it Palm!
    I read that the screen gets really smudgy too from all the finger pointing. What Frenzytom said!
    But boy oh boy, can that iPhone take a beating. Drop the Treo on the concrete and I'm sure we'll see more damage than the iPhone took >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Not a big deal considering you can have 4 or 8gb on internal memory. Since there are no Treo's that support SDHC, you would have to buy multiple cards just to match the storage on a iPhone.

As for ATT EDGE, I agree it would have been nice to have, but neither does a Treo 680 and that was just released not too long ago. Battery life, m'boy....it's all about battery life.
    Where have you been? Treo 680 can take the 8 GB SDHC ever since!
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    Where have you been? Treo 680 can take the 8 GB SDHC ever since!
    My bad. But what I read is that the limitations of the Palm OS (what else is new) can't read the proper capacity and space left on anything over 4gb.

According to this TreoCentral thread, several users are reporting mostly successful results with their Treo 680s and the new 8gb SDHC cards. These cards represent the peak of SD-related flash storage media and onoy recently have seen their prices drop to an affordable level, plummeting in price over the past several weeks.

The Treo 680, Palm's most recent Palm OS-based device and its newest product overall, can read and write to 8gb SDHC cards without problems. However, the Palm OS "card info" screens only display the card as having 3.9gb free out of 3.9gb total. Once passing the 4gb barrier on the cards, the proper amount of free space is properly indicated.

My personal testing with the exact same Transcend 8gb SDHC card on my Treo 700p and Palm TX proved to be utterly fruitless--the Treo 680 is the only Palm device currently offering even unofficial support for SDHC cards.

In addition, since most PC's card reader drives cannot recognize SDHC media, the Pam OS Card Export II (by Softick) and Card Reader (by Mobistream) apps work properly with these high-capacity cards, allowing a user to see the full 8gb volume by utilizing their Treo 680s as card reader drives.

Ace Palm OS hacker Dmitry Grinberg supposedly has a fix in the works for this limitation with this Garnet OS filesystem limitation but no release date has been announced
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)