1.    #1  
    At an AT&T store this afternoon and there were 4 people in close proximty to me that were trading in their Treo's (one was a 650, his wife a physican, and he was a vascular surgeon with the Treo 750). I decided not to get the I-phone as I did not want to pay about 100 bucks to try the phone for a few days. Sure wanted too. I am with Sprint, Apple has a 10% restocking fee plus activation and whatever time I would keep the phone up to 14 days.
    There were about 100 people in line and all got their phones in Odessa, Texas. I think that Palm is about to be in trouble (already are). I did voice my complaints about Palm to people in line. I use to be their biggest promoter but not anymore. Palm has failed it's user base. That could have been Palm today with the "Linux Treo" if they had not wasted their time on the Foleo project, sales would have been booming! I guess Jeff will know in a couple of years if he has sent Palm to it's grave with that project. The fellow with the 750wx got an "Edge" speed of 167 and I got a speed of 467. Steve Sinclair should have improved the hardware design in the Treo 755 as it still has the lag. The Palm Blog should give us some tidbits on the new Treo Linux. Even one of the AT&T employee's said that the I-phone should wake up the competition. We have the "Multi Touch" on the horizon too. When will Palm get it's act together? The thin new treo with the smart phone operating system and the non touch Palm OS is not going to cut the mustard. Palm are you listening? Please give the specs on the new Treo Linux. Of course on the I-phone you can only run applications that are web based (a negative). I did play with a Blackberry 8800. The operation seemed smooth but only time will tell. I wonder how much business Palm is going to loose on the iphone. Some one told me today that the Rim stock went up today and Palm is going down. What happened to the company that gave us the Palm V.

Skyscape which has medical programs for Treo's and Pocket PC's now has 90% of their content now shipping or down loading available for Blackberry devices.
    Last edited by Gas Man; 06/29/2007 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Add another thought
    I like you wonder does Palm even know what a CUSTOMER SURVERY is? It defies the imagination..I think once my treo run its life..if the iPhone v2 brings to the table what treos can do it will be almost impossible not to go for one..unless someone like SE or Nokia compete...but Palm needs to wake up!
    With BB coming with more features at a competitive price, and the introduction of the q and iphone in the past few months, palm is kind of stuck in the middle. The treo is not stable enough IMHO for big corporations, and the lower end market being taken over by cheaper models. The treo I still think is a viable option for small businesses, but I see that becoming a BB market as well.
    That being said, I still love my treo.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    i just ot the 755p and i don't see what the iphone hype is about. i love the custom ringers, alarms, mp3 (rhapsody to go via pocket tunes), pop3 email, document viewing and editing that the treo gives me. i have had it for 2 weeks now and have tweeked the heck out of it. it does everything that i bought a "smartphone" for. it is a bit bigger than my last phone (razr), but still fits in my pocket (6'2" 250lb) and i actually like the fact i can cradle it in my neck like a regular phone. (no star trek headset for me yet).

best part is i have sprints equipment protection so if it breaks, i am covered. iphone = ibroke if you break your phone or lose it (stolen).

i will take a look at one when i see it, but i don't think it will wow me to give up sprint (my rate plan is awesome) and go with AT&T
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTpusher View Post
    i just ot the 755p and i don't see what the iphone hype is about. i love the custom ringers, alarms, mp3 (rhapsody to go via pocket tunes), pop3 email, document viewing and editing that the treo gives me. i have had it for 2 weeks now and have tweeked the heck out of it. it does everything that i bought a "smartphone" for. it is a bit bigger than my last phone (razr), but still fits in my pocket (6'2" 250lb) and i actually like the fact i can cradle it in my neck like a regular phone. (no star trek headset for me yet).

best part is i have sprints equipment protection so if it breaks, i am covered. iphone = ibroke if you break your phone or lose it (stolen).

i will take a look at one when i see it, but i don't think it will wow me to give up sprint (my rate plan is awesome) and go with AT&T

The purpose of my post was to give Palm a message! I glad your 755 is running smoothly. When I discovered the lag, I decided to return it (the lag is less on the 755 than the 700p post MR). I am just tired of pressing an icon and not have it respond for 5-12 secs (seems like eternity). I am going to give the BB 8830 a try and who knows I may have to return to my 700p until the 800w or maybe the 800p linux treo is released. There is no doubt about it that Palm has been sleeping at the helm and we should have the best smart phone on the market and we do not at this point. I am very used to the touch screen. Maybe I can adopt to the naviagtion on the BB. I do know that they support the true voice dialing on the BB and the treo's as of yet do not support it and I do not know why.
    this is almost meaningless but what the hec....just got back from the apple store, twenty minute wait at the most. the girl in front of me happened to be pecking away (with stylus) on her Treo. so i asked her if the iPhone was replacing the Treo and her answer (no surprise) was "absolutely....i'm sick of this thing...just too big"

it is what it is.

will post my own thoughts on my new iPhone either sometime today or tomorrow once i've had some time with it. but let me say this first: the form factor and screen BRIGHTNESS and CLARITY is absolutely phenomenal.

regards
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Its a truly gorgeous device - pandora's box of goodies.....

Puts the treo out in the rain, innovation-wise.....
    not really. No keyboard. Pressing a screen, two handed operation? The iphone doesn't compete with Treo..but instead all the candy bar phones.
    one handed use is actually better than I thought. You can't jugde till u try one, that's for sure.
    Yeah, I tried the iphone with one hand. It was fine. Naturally, it will take getting used to since I am accustomed to physical keys, but I found the keyboard matched with predictive text to be quite good.

This is a hit. I am really looking forward to the iphone2. Combine an instant messager, enhanced safari browser with evdo and a strong push email sand this is unstoppable.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Yeah, I tried the iphone with one hand. It was fine. Naturally, it will take getting used to since I am accustomed to physical keys, but I found the keyboard matched with predictive text to be quite good.

This is a hit. I am really looking forward to the iphone2. Combine an instant messager, enhanced safari browser with evdo and a strong push email sand this is unstoppable.
    Did you say EVDO? So you are waiting 5 years then?

Surur
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Its a truly gorgeous device - pandora's box of goodies.....
    Quite right. The only thing left in Pandora's Box was hope!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    So now, if it had instant messenging and 3G, it would be unstoppable?

I though the first one was unstoppable...

Two feature that easily could have been there.