Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    and what Palm has coming...

... it richly deserves.

Rest in pieces Palm.

-TJ
    I own a Treo 700P and I played around with the Iphone. All I can say is thnk goodness its not on Sprint . LOL. I might have waited on that line I saw wrap 3 blocks around FAO Swartz by central Park today. I love my Treo BUT the Iphone is what the Teo should be. The virtual keyboard lets there be more screen room. The screen at 3.5 is awsome and the internet looks great. Its so thin it can slid in my Jeans pocket without looking like I am happy to see you when I put the Brick Treo in my front pocket. It maked the Treo feel like the last generation cell phone. I still love my Treo but Palm needs to wake up. The Iphone 2.0 will blow everyone away.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/29/2007 at 10:07 PM.
    I think the iPhone is sweet but until it is as customizable with 3rd party apps like the Treo and has 3G, I'll wait. Out-of-the box (which is about the only way you can use an iPhone) it just can't do what my Treo currently can (for my needs). Plus, AT&T sucks where I live. iPhone 2.0 might be perfect, short of the network. I think Palm has one more shot - come out with something compelling or then it might be time for Taps.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I think the iPhone is sweet but until it is as customizable with 3rd party apps like the Treo and has 3G, I'll wait. Out-of-the box (which is about the only way you can use an iPhone) it just can't do what my Treo currently can (for my needs). Plus, AT&T sucks where I live. iPhone 2.0 might be perfect, short of the network. I think Palm has one more shot - come out with something compelling or then it might be time for Taps.
    I'm with you I think Palm has about 8-12 months before Apple's iPhone 2.0 comes out (europe and US)...that is more than enough time to come out with something serious (no Foleo 2 please!)...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post

They better come out with something soon and not wait for Christmas!
  6.    #6  
    Good input... the thing is... iPhone is rock solid and with 4-8GB!!.. I wonder if anyone will ever experience a system crash... I really doubt it.. the only thing to be desired is indeed... customizable software.
    SDK is, however, on the way for iPhone, I'm told... in one way or another.

Oh yeah, AT&T/Cingular sucks the big one...
    I'm bummed that the calculator on the iPhone has no % key and that
    it has no voice-dialing capability but Bluetooth works great otherwise...
    These few items will delay Palm's demise instead of shutting them down outright.

Bit of a segue here... My anger at Palm, yes, AnGeR!!! grrr... stems from this:
    Let's not forget... the Treo600 came from Handspring not Palm.
    Palm bought them out and absolutely destroyed nearly every single potentially great aspect of what Handspring set out to do.
    Instead of focusing on real, high quality functionality in the basic necessities of what a smart phone should do, they nickel and dimed us for system speed and available memory and dwelled in the foo foo glitzy crap (and did it poorly).

Now they will pay huge.

Here we are 11 years later and I have in my hands, a slower, less stable device than what I started with. (700p). sickening, isn't it?

By the way... how do you like that "release date countdown" right down to the very minute that Apple pulled off.... check out the in-store video display with LIVE PHONES attached... you can literally walk up, pair your BT headset to it and begin making real calls... MR. JOBS, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
    Jesus, I love creativity and boldness!!

Seeya Palm, asta Lasagna, don't get any on ya. and will the last one out... please kill the lights... what's that?.. oh yeah, system froze.. the lights won't go out right now.
    I just downloaded the Iphone launcher and will see if it works . Pretend I have an Iphone. LOL.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Well RIM already announced that it refuses to give up any ground in the industry and they are coming out with something to surpass the Iphone... I think the Iphone has set the ground on what users expect and anything coming afterwards will only be great...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Palm has no chance against Apple. I am jumping ship once its available for Sprint/Verizon. bye bye Palm! 700p crap! Make sure your POS Foleo is compatible with a real phone!

PICKLES!

Gatch!
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Your gonna wait years for that
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    Palm has no chance against Apple. I am jumping ship once its available for Sprint/Verizon. bye bye Palm! 700p crap! Make sure your POS Foleo is compatible with a real phone!

PICKLES!

Gatch!
    You are aware that the iPhone is exclusive to AT&T for 5 years, right? So your threat of leaving the 700p in 2012 is a bit underwhelming, lol.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    If you believe that then I have some beans to sell yeah. Google it... The five year thing really isnt official.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    You are aware that the iPhone is exclusive to AT&T for 5 years, right? So your threat of leaving the 700p in 2012 is a bit underwhelming, lol.
    Last edited by e2chris; 06/30/2007 at 09:22 AM.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Your gonna wait years for that
    And at this rate Palm will still be screwing around with Garnet by then.
    You know people was up and arm about the lack of 3rd party apps, at the time everybody didn't realize iPhone didn't even have a file browser. That's a more basic problem Apple need to fix first.

From the review it feels kind of rush, that's my impression.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    You know people was up and arm about the lack of 3rd party apps, at the time everybody didn't realize iPhone didn't even have a file browser. That's a more basic problem Apple need to fix first.

From the review it feels kind of rush, that's my impression.
    That would open it up to hacking, wouldn't it? You cant even upload files from Safari. This is not something that will be patched soon.

Surur
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jefferson View Post
    Good input... the thing is... iPhone is rock solid and with 4-8GB!!.. I wonder if anyone will ever experience a system crash... I really doubt it..
    Reality differs - for example.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I would get one if it was on verizon, and had 3g, but they screwed that option up!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jefferson View Post
    Good input... the thing is... iPhone is rock solid and with 4-8GB!!.. I wonder if anyone will ever experience a system crash... I really doubt it..
    Checxk macrumors.com - been quite a few crashes already and that's with NO web ajax apps much less 3rd party...I think we now know why they didn't open up the OS..it's not half as stable as they claim (i.e. OS X stability) if it can crash out of the box...maybe they will improve this for v2.
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    If you believe that then I have some beans to sell yeah. Google it... The five year thing really isnt official.

Chris

AT&T eager to wield its iWeapon

The Apple iPhone, due out next month, has been breathlessly hailed as offering consumers the ultimate wireless experience.

It also could give AT&T, its exclusive U.S. distributor, the ultimate experience for a wireless carrier: an easy way to handcuff rivals and steal customers.

AT&T has exclusive U.S. distribution rights for five years — an eternity in the go-go cellphone world. And Apple is barred for that time from developing a version of the iPhone for CDMA wireless networks.

That ban is no small thing. AT&T rivals Verizon Wireless and Sprint are both CDMA shops. AT&T uses GSM, a global standard incompatible with CDMA.

Bottom line: If you want an iPhone anytime soon, you'll have to take your business to AT&T.

Stan Sigman, CEO of wireless at AT&T, makes no apologies for his tough approach.

"I'm glad we have (the iPhone) in our bag," he says. "Others will try to match it, but for a period of time, they're going to be playing catch-up."
    Perhaps you should tell Stan about the Google...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I own a Treo 700P and I played around with the Iphone. All I can say is thnk goodness its not on Sprint . LOL. I might have waited on that line I saw wrap 3 blocks around FAO Swartz by central Park today. I love my Treo BUT the Iphone is what the Teo should be. The virtual keyboard lets there be more screen room. The screen at 3.5 is awsome and the internet looks great. Its so thin it can slid in my Jeans pocket without looking like I am happy to see you when I put the Brick Treo in my front pocket. It maked the Treo feel like the last generation cell phone. I still love my Treo but Palm needs to wake up. The Iphone 2.0 will blow everyone away.
    If the treo in your front pocket makes you look "excited", I am guessing the excitement is rarely returned....
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast