Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post

AT&T eager to wield its iWeapon

Perhaps you should tell Stan about the Google...
    Did you get one yet?

If so, whats the skinny? There's a lot of onflicting reports
    All the TMobile fans will prob. be able to get their unlocked Euro iPhone within a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Reality differs - for example.
    That put a nice, warm, and big smile on my face.

Just what I thought... the iPhone is going to be an iBrick... ok, I did not think that, but it is nice to see that the iphone has not made palm look like a total waste of a company.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    ... ok, I did not think that, but it is nice to see that the iphone has not made palm look like a total waste of a company.
    Nobody mention the Foleo then!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    hmm..The Foleo.Its Palms Destiny .They will own the smart phone market with a want to be laptop connected to your treo.I wounder how the share holders are holding up right now.They may be thinking of the 3-D Foleo tour into the Palm store on release maybe lol lol.....Apple is laughing harder
    Last edited by slingbox; 06/30/2007 at 12:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    That would open it up to hacking, wouldn't it? You cant even upload files from Safari. This is not something that will be patched soon.

Surur
    When they say "locked" they meant it! LOL the ONLY way you can add files is via iTunes (or email)...so don't even think of owning a phone w/o a PC on hand daily (and yep...nobody who doesn't own a PC should be able to afford one of these..bu you never know).
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Did you get one yet?

If so, whats the skinny? There's a lot of onflicting reports
    Not yet. My son flew in for his summer vacation visit about 10 mins after they went on sale. I had thought of leaving him at the airport for an hour or two while I fulfilled my gadget lust, but thought better of it.

Some things are more important than a phone, a concept that seems to be lost on some people (pro and against Apple) in this forum.

Todd and Perry have both gotten one and made brief reports on the Munk forum. Nothing detailed, but they both seem very impressed. (I should say in Perrys case, the Avatar is impressed.) I'll get one next week, possibly this weekend, once things settle down around here.

But my observations of the observations is this:
    If you've been excited about the iPhone, you'll like it. If you've spent the past six months trashing it, there's not a damn thing it could possibly ever do to change your mind.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I think Apple, when it doesn't come close to that 10M mark in sales, will be trying to break that 5 year contract with ATT.
    They could sell a lot more NOW if they lower the price by $100. Of course that would make people who bought yesterday and today angry, so that won't happen unless they offered a rebate.

And let people at least use the iPod portion while waiting for activation. I don't understand that restriction at all!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    If you've been excited about the iPhone, you'll like it. If you've spent the past six months trashing it, there's not a damn thing it could possibly ever do to change your mind.
    I haven't bought an iPhone, and don't really want one, but as a gadget enthusiast, I've been following closely and I have to say that since the launch, this is the most accurate and concise statement I've heard about it.
    Well I bought one (two actually). And after a day I have to say I'm extremely impressed. No crashes, working simply with everything I tried so far. Like the bluetooth in car that no Palm ever worked correctly with.

I'm sure it's not for everyone, but I love it. By the end of summer I expect my whole family to be on iPhones. I think for the general consumer, this is the end for Palm. You want real multimedia, the iPhone just annhilates any Treo. The phone works great and is incredibley simple to use.

No trying to convince anyone, but I'm convinced. I don't expect to be around Treocentral anyone simply because there isn't anything interesting for me anymore.

And yes, I was watching Hitchhikers Guide to Galaxy on the iPhone so the title just coming up to me.

Good luck to you all!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Wow, 2,839 posts and you are outta here. Good luck with your iPhone, though. I hope it proves to be as good in the long run as you suspect. Let us know how it goes.
    bacalis,

Goodbye and good luck.

It seems like just yesterday we were chatting about the Treo 600.

Hope the iPhone treats you well. (and your family).

Please advise what line of work afford you $2500 in phones and $3600 in service for two years (I'm assuming 4 people in family, and $150 month service).

I will need to get into that line of work.
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    Palm has no chance against Apple. I am jumping ship once its available for Sprint/Verizon. bye bye Palm! 700p crap! Make sure your POS Foleo is compatible with a real phone!

PICKLES!

Gatch!
    Sorry you do have to wait to jump ship. The iPhone is SWEET
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Not yet. My son flew in for his summer vacation visit about 10 mins after they went on sale. I had thought of leaving him at the airport for an hour or two while I fulfilled my gadget lust, but thought better of it.

Some things are more important than a phone, a concept that seems to be lost on some people (pro and against Apple) in this forum.

Todd and Perry have both gotten one and made brief reports on the Munk forum. Nothing detailed, but they both seem very impressed. (I should say in Perrys case, the Avatar is impressed.) I'll get one next week, possibly this weekend, once things settle down around here.

I am not "against" apple, I just don't see the "revolution" so far. I'm mostly curious about the no file rumor. Is it true that you can't download your files and/or attach them to email thru the email app. This is not a bash on the phone. I am just hoping its user error and not a actual issue.

Anyway, Enjoy the time with your son!
    I agree with bcaslis in that this spells the end for the consumer end for palm.

I just handled the iphone today and I was very impressed at the interface and the overall ease of use. My wife absolutely loved it.

We are looking at the new zen of apple.

I know what he's talking about when he claims nothing more of interest here at treocentral.
    There is nothing here which sparks the imagination as it used to. No sense of creativity or innovation from palm. Palm products have the feel of a stale, stagnant era now.

Treos will continue to fill needs but they will feel a real punch to the gut once apple has been in the market for a year.

The treo has now been relegated to the position that the visor did when it became dated. Still functional, but increasingly less desirable now.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    I agree with bcaslis in that this spells the end for the consumer end for palm.

I just handled the iphone today and I was very impressed at the interface and the overall ease of use. My wife absolutely loved it.

We are looking at the new zen of apple.

I know what he's talking about when he claims nothing more of interest here at treocentral.
    There is nothing here which sparks the imagination as it used to. No sense of creativity or innovation from palm. Palm products have the feel of a stale, stagnant era now.

Treos will continue to fill needs but they will feel a real punch to the gut once apple has been in the market for a year.

The treo has now been relegated to the position that the visor did when it became dated. Still functional, but increasingly less desirable now.
    I totally agree. Great post. I have an iPhone, and add me to the list. I'm gone from Palm/WM/BB. This thing is just incredible.

I also find it funny that the iPhone fourm now re-directs to a 3rd party forum (which everyone 'round here seems to hate, myself included) and now the "Other Devices' forum is the new iPhone forum! lol.

Palm is dead. WM6 is molassas (I own a Mogul - boxing up tomorrow to return to Sprint). iPhone is the future.

My first sip of kool-aid tastes quite good. It tastes just like I always dreamed it would. Finally, someone got it right.
    I'm with you, eric. My wife and I are getting ready for the big switch here. We caught the fever after picking it up - in a word - wow.
    I think some of you are jumping the gun dumping WM entirely. Or even Palm OS. Can you get some real work done on your iPhone? Until then, I'm sticking with smartphones for main usage. I can use the iPhone for playtime, but jury's still out as a true business phone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    this thing is in no way a full business phone, if that's what ur looking for. Youve seen the reviews, it has nothing extra that we didn't know about. LOL. But so far, I'm loving it! Absolutely beautiful...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast