Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Leave this site for 6 hours and the iPhone forum gets moved off site!
    I guess it makes sense, though. Too bad, as soon I won't have any reason to stop by anymore
    See some of you over on the "other" site. Side?
    Former long term user of the Treo line, then on to the HTC 8125/8525. Now I have graduated to the iPhone. For the first time since getting my first Treo 600, I am not constantly scanning the web looking for a better converged device.
    But then again, is a forum really needed for the Iphone? No programs. No tweaks. No customization.

The iphone is a rather simple limited device.
    You use the same user name and you get to keep the same post count. What difference does it make to you?
    Awesome!
    They chose the wrong colors for the iPhone board. My eyes hurt over there!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    It's not attractive, which is ironic since the "pretty" is what the Iphone offers
    They at least made it easier on the eyes, but it's still meh. But my eyes no longer hurt, so now I can view the board without wincing.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    But then again, is a forum really needed for the Iphone? No programs. No tweaks. No customization.

The iphone is a rather simple limited device.
    It's funny...I was thinking something along these lines last night. If the iPhone remains a fairly closed platform, what sort of things would people have to talk about in an iPhone-focused forum? I mean, you could have threads showing off photos you've taken with the camera. Perhaps some threads pointing out iPhone-friendly, AJAX-optimized websites. What else? Obviously sites like Howard Forums survive (and do very well) with a userbase comprised mostly (I suspect) of feature-phone users, but they're talking about all sorts of phones on all different carriers. An iPhone-focused forum would be dealing with that one phone on (for now) one carrier.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    We will see when the 3G phone comes out. If Apple keeps the hype up, the forum is good until the end of the year at least.

Colour should probably be brushed metal (ala Apple products) but anyway not that important is it!
    If you have been listening to the TreoCentral podcasts you would have been aware that this spinoff was coming for a while.
    I tried flicking my monitor but the site didn't scroll up or down...what gives?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Whew so glad THAT's all over..now back to bashing/supporting Palm and treos!
    Of course you can't flick your monitor to scroll...
    ... that's one of Stevie's Patents!!

"Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    I'm so glad the iPhone "thrash" is off T|C. It was overwhelming other discussions.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    I tried flicking my monitor but the site didn't scroll up or down...what gives?
    It needs to be more of a "gesture"...