1.    #1  
    Pretty much sums up the reasons I left the Palm OS a while ago and am very happy with my new Curve.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aY8c.rchVzRo

June 29 (Bloomberg) -- Research In Motion Ltd.'s profit soared last quarter while rival Palm Inc.'s earnings fell, underscoring the gap between the two companies as they prepare for a new competitor: Apple Inc.

Shares of Research In Motion, maker of the BlackBerry e-mail phone, rose as much as 18 percent after its fiscal first- quarter profit topped analysts' estimates. The company also announced a 3-for-1 stock split yesterday. Palm's earnings fell 43 percent in its fourth quarter, the fourth straight decline, sparking a 3 percent drop in its share price.

Research In Motion scored new customers last quarter by offering consumer-friendly phones with cameras and music players. At Palm, maker of the Treo device, efforts to improve advertising and product development inflated costs. As Apple introduces its iPhone today, Palm may be more vulnerable.

``They need to catch up,'' said Tavis McCourt, an analyst at Morgan Keegan & Co. in Nashville. ``They need to develop products that people want to buy.''
    yep, good stuff for RIM, not so much for Palm/Treos....but i don't have to tell you that
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I love the quote "Palm, on the other hand, saw revenues remain largely flat for the same period as a lack of compelling new devices put a crimp in sales of its Treo line of smart phones."

I guess you can't keep re-packaging the same phone. Palm has had the chance to make something really happen in the smartphone market. When Microsoft came on board, I knew that the Treo was going to be amazing. but they have been sitting on their butts ever since. Nothing major, no super changes. Blackberry, Iphone, blackjack, motorazor, you name it is crushing it. I am still a Palm User, and I love my treo but a phone that does Wifi (iphone) is sure appealing.

BenJoe