Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I did a some configuring on my 6800 and got it the way I like. Sorely lacking is a screen based speed dial, but someone was able to export the one from the Treo.

Installed below is the HTC Touch today screen plugin that shows the time and messages. The second shot shows the weather app built into the Touch today plugin. The picture speed dial is from the Treo. I also installed the SMS plugin too.

It's a shame that you have to pull the best components from several different phones to get it perfect, but I am very happy with this setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Not bad but the contact pics are pretty fuzzy!
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    Not bad but the contact pics are pretty fuzzy!
    LOL
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Real nice.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest790 View Post
    I did a some configuring on my 6800 and got it the way I like. Sorely lacking is a screen based speed dial, but someone was able to export the one from the Treo.

Installed below is the HTC Touch today screen plugin that shows the time and messages. The second shot shows the weather app built into the Touch today plugin. The picture speed dial is from the Treo. I also installed the SMS plugin too.

It's a shame that you have to pull the best components from several different phones to get it perfect, but I am very happy with this setup.
    Pretty soon touch-flo may be working Sshhhhh
    what's with Microsoft's obsession with boxy boxes? There are about 20-30 boxes in the GUI and all of them use different thickness for outlines.

Hi Tempest nice screen shots. I too have the HTC Touch plug but I'm currently using Contact-ing for the picture dial. Would it be possible for you to email me the picture dial cab file from the 700? Thank you.

jimdgarcia@gmail.com
  8.    #8  
    Sent the file.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    what's with Microsoft's obsession with boxy boxes? There are about 20-30 boxes in the GUI and all of them use different thickness for outlines.
    Most of those boxes are made either by Palm or HTC.

Surur
    ya know, i really like the 6800's features, it has some real plusses. i seriously mean it when i say i wish the slideout wasn't such a hinrance/detractor given my usage of the keyboard (having to type/text often). it really is a cool device.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Sent the file.
    HI tempest I think you sent me the threaded SMS. Its ok though I've found it on the web. Have you figured out a way to get it to launch the phone app? I can foresee accidental dialing on this thing. I'm thinking of going back to contact-ing. It's only $15.
  12.    #12  
    Sorry, wrong one. Glad you found it.
    Hey i just got the mogul, can you please send me everything i need to get that today screen? Much appreciated.

illmaticone@gmail.com
  14.    #14  
    Best thing to do, is check out some of the PDA forums. www.ppcgeeks.com and www.pdaphonehome.com are two really good ones. Most of the info there will have you setup in no time.

The HTC plugins can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=311225

Have fun tweaking.
  15. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    After installing the HTC Touch app, how much has it affected the RAM if at all? Also, Have you experienced any (memory critically low) messages?
  16.    #16  
    I didn't measure my RAM before installation. I did look at it but don't remember. After a soft reset, I have about 22 Megs free. It might have been 24 before, but I'm not sure. I don't think the HTC Touch takes much memory. At least, I haven't had any problems with it.

The only HTC plugin that has been causing problems that I have read, is the HTC Touch Dialer. I avoided that one, and it's less functional than the Mogul dialer anyway.
  17.    #17  
    The XDA developers have extracted the HTC Today Plugin from the new HTC Kaiser. It adds two more tabs to the already great plugin. There is now a Photo/Shortcut speed dial tab, and a Ringer tab that allows on, off, vibrate, and automatic(?).

You don't need the photo speed dialer from the Treo anymore. Plus, since it's under its own tab, no more accidental calls from the Today screen. Easy access to the ringer is great too.

There apparently is a hidden 6th tab for music too, but they are still working on that. HTC made this even more one hand friendly. Hope they continue to develop their plugin. There is also a new color icon version that supes up the icons used by the plugin. That version is available too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tempest790; 07/14/2007 at 11:01 PM.
    That is a nice find Tempest, did you changed the HTC Touch plugin for this one already? If so, how is it working for you? Stable?
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    The new one works just as well as the 3-tab version did. I have a thread with more details at the link below if you are interested.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...be-6-tabs.html
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Thanks for the nice pics, Tempest. This Today screen looks very nice, and this color scheme complements the device nicely from your avatar. Looks a little "i-Phonish".

I moved back to Treo from an MDA and I'm unsure about going back to the sliding keyboard. My 700P has been remarkably stable for a Treo, but I definitely miss the OS, some excellent apps, and the nice screen. Did you move from a Treo, and how does the size and weight feel to you? How's the speaker on the phone? Can I use the Mogul as a Bluetooth modem with my Vaio and have you tried it? Also, can you provide a link or two to your favorite reviews. Thanks.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast