Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    A lot of questions.

Yes, I did move from the Treo 700wx to the Mogul. The Treo definitely provides better one handed use straight out the box. The Mogul needs tweaks, but once you customize it the way you like, I find it very simple to use one handed for most (but not all) functions.

The weight and feel are probably the best features. No antenna stub and a thinner chassis than either the Treo or 6700 makes it very comfortable to hold and use. I haven't held a 750, but I would think it would be similar in size and weight.

The speaker works well but is not remarkable in any way. I don't use the speaker phone. There are definitely issues with Bluetooth. I upgraded to a Motorola H670 and that has been working fine for me. I do wish the volume was a little higher though. The Bluetooth on the Mogul tends to fade out sometimes. It does it some users but not others. Many are complaining to Sprint and HTC, so hopefully we'll see a firmware patch that will address it. My Plantronics 655 did this, but my Motorola H670 has not, so go figure. Both are Bluetooth 2.0 headsets too.

I haven't tried the bluetooth modem since I own an Aircard, but I haven't read about any major issues on it. I sync to my desktop with a Bluetooth 2.0 adapter and works fantastic. Quicker than 1.x in speed makes it a lot more usable.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    The new one works just as well as the 3-tab version did. I have a thread with more details at the link below if you are interested.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...be-6-tabs.html
    Stroths and Tempest, thousand thanks for your postings.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest790 View Post
    A lot of questions.

Yes, I did move from the Treo 700wx to the Mogul. The Treo definitely provides better one handed use straight out the box. The Mogul needs tweaks, but once you customize it the way you like, I find it very simple to use one handed for most (but not all) functions.

The weight and feel are probably the best features. No antenna stub and a thinner chassis than either the Treo or 6700 makes it very comfortable to hold and use. I haven't held a 750, but I would think it would be similar in size and weight.

The speaker works well but is not remarkable in any way. I don't use the speaker phone. There are definitely issues with Bluetooth. I upgraded to a Motorola H670 and that has been working fine for me. I do wish the volume was a little higher though. The Bluetooth on the Mogul tends to fade out sometimes. It does it some users but not others. Many are complaining to Sprint and HTC, so hopefully we'll see a firmware patch that will address it. My Plantronics 655 did this, but my Motorola H670 has not, so go figure. Both are Bluetooth 2.0 headsets too.

I haven't tried the bluetooth modem since I own an Aircard, but I haven't read about any major issues on it. I sync to my desktop with a Bluetooth 2.0 adapter and works fantastic. Quicker than 1.x in speed makes it a lot more usable.
    Thanks very much.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Found and installed a Wireless Plugin extracted for the HTC Wizard that shows the status of the radio/wi-fi/bluetooth on the Today screen.

This is useful to me for checking the bluetooth status at a glance.

Check the thread at xda-developers forum (second page for a cab file)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=259885
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12