1.    #1  
    http://www.berryreview.com/2007/06/0...change-server/

This is what I have been looking for. Forever.

I have an Exchange Server at my office. It would cost about $3,000 to install and kit out a Blackberry Enterprise Server, which is insane for a small business.

But now my Exchange Server can use an outsourced BES. It doesn't give total functionality but does gives the basics needed to make Blackberry a plausible choice without the insane cost of an in-house BES.

This makes a Blackberry a plausible choice now. Before this, I was pretty much stuck with Windows Mobile in order to get full OTA sync. (PalmOS and Versamail 3.5 gave limited OTA sync capabilities).
    Doesn't sync notes or tasks - only contacts, calendar and mail. How is that different than versamail? I use Versamail for contacts and calendar and Chatter for IMAP push e-mail.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
  3.    #3  
    Yup, no notes (same as WM Smartphone), no tasks. Some other stuff lacks as well.

I think the difference is you're using a Blackberry (which some people seem to see as a good thing, but I'm not necessarily convinced), and you don't need to run 2 pieces of software (Versamail plus Chatter).

It's a start. Blackberry has a high barrier to adoption in the form of its BES. As it lowers the cost of the BES more people will be moving that way. The market is changing.
    I believe blackberry gives away their BES for free for up to 10 users. They recommend that it be run on a seperate low end machine/server, but I have heard it works on the same existing Exchange server.

Also, you could just run versamail without chatter and still get push e-mail and don't need two programs running. Do blackberry's allow for the syncing of messages in ANY outlook folder or just the inbox? When I went to an AT&T store, they couldn't tell me. Can a blackberry work exactly like Chatter when it comes to moving and viewing messages in different folders?
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.