Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 71.11%
  • No

13 28.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Before you say it, I know there is a separate foir for WM devices at WM experts, but if you look at that forum you will see its rarely used while this forum is jumping with activity.

Therefore, I ask that we create a new subforum for the 6800 or possibly move the WM devices subforum back here. We have one for the iphone, so why not?

I love the forums here at TC, but don't want to switch back and forth. What do you all think?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    How about a forum on Pizza while we're at it? I've seen that mentioned a lot around here.

You might try PDA Phone Home's ppc-6800/xv6800 forum. Over 4,000 posts and climbing already.
    i'd say no as well. why? i don't think there's anything that truly differentiates or seperates itself from the rest of the slideout pack. yes, it has a rich feature set, but so radically different from any of the others? i'd think that the "other handhelds" forum would be suffice. my .02.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
  4.    #4  
    How do I modify my poll to add Pizza in there Kupe
    lol
    I voted no because this IS a treocentral site. This place started as Palm OS only, and only added wm because the Treo did.

Besides, most issues/concerns are with software. There is a software forum, and most issues that the 6800 will have are also issues that the wm treo's have. Anything else can go in this forum, IMO
    I vote yes. not cuz I'm all that interested in the mogul, but because other forums are just so blah compared to treocentral.

that was a huge negative when owning the Q. wouldn't wish that on anyone! that said, the price & form factor of the Q brought a ton of drive-by newbies everyday, which I suspect wouldn't be a large problem with the mogul, but still.. this place is unique and I think we should try harder to keep our community members rather than sending them away for silly reasons, especially when they can still contribute in forums of their previous devices.

not to mention all the WM5 software crossover. at least, perhaps the tech wizards at TC can allow forums from wmexperts to display on treocentral on a per user basis?
    bump for votes or additional suggestions!
  8.    #8  
    Although I would love to have that as a subforum here, I would guess its not going to happen. What would be nice is if the mods would kill the WM Experts site and incorporate those forums back here.

I understand this is TREO central, but back when this site was created, Treos were PalmOS centric. Now that they do Windows Mobile, they are more like other devices on the market and the knowledge shared between users of these devices is invaluable.

We will likely have to spend more time at pdaphonehome.com and ppcgeeks.com for Mogul related help.
    my good man....back when there was the Treo600 there were not many other smartphone choices.

i know you know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    that was a huge negative when owning the Q. wouldn't wish that on anyone! that said, the price & form factor of the Q brought a ton of drive-by newbies everyday, which I suspect wouldn't be a large problem with the mogul, but still.. this place is unique and I think we should try harder to keep our community members rather than sending them away for silly reasons, especially when they can still contribute in forums of their previous devices.
    You couldn't find what you needed to discuss about the Q at Qusers, even with its 60,000+ posts? Sounds to me like you're either afraid to leave here or are unwilling to part with your "hard earned" post count! C'mon - if you're curious enough to try a new phone, be brave enough to jump to that phone's community and make your mark!
    Somthing about the name,Treo central made me vote NO.Does this make sense?
    We could Start a poll on changing the sites name.Thats the direction this thread is going.
    Hmmm maybe ppc central .....No need for A Treo Central.
    Every ppc on the market today Can have its own subforum.The Treo Central store could be renamed the PPC Central store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    me like you're either afraid to leave here or are unwilling to part with your "hard earned" post count! C'mon - if you're curious enough to try a new phone, be brave enough to jump to that phone's community and make your mark!
    Check out Rudeboy's postcount and join date on everythingq (1000+ since january).. you can 'earn' yourself a post count pretty quickly if you really wanted one.

I admit qUsers was the more knowledgeable of the two, and I *did* contribute where I could (91 posts, not bad eh?).. but it all revolved around that one device, some days, there'd be no new posts for hours.. Guess I'm just used to all the different stuff that's always going on around here.
    I think TC is wise to try to leverage its popularity to other devices like the iPHone, and WM devices...hence WMExperts and PhoneDifferent etc. Perhaps they should add more shared forums to unify and differring communities better to and also perhaps add a tabbed folder on top to quickly switch from one forum to another without totally switching sites. That might make things easier for those who like the TC community but are also interested in other devices...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I think this has to do with forum mods go gaga over the iPhone but not any particular wm6 phone.

I don't see why you can't discuss 6800 issues in the wm software forum.
    I don't understand why the iPhone got its own section...
    Rdf
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Since there is a sections called "Other Devices" why not place the Mogul 6800 as its own section. The iPhone gots its own section and that device isnt even out yet.

I say yes to creating a Mogul location.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I don't understand why the iPhone got its own section...
    why not? it's a new device from one of the most popular tech companies in the world, and whose iphone is expected to sell between 15mm-20mm units in the year. additionally, the forum has proven itself to be successful given its high viewership and thread count.

cheers
    why not ELIMINATE some forums 700 series palm devices should be in one forum. 700 series wm devices should be in another. There should be a POS software forum and a WM software forum. Change the "off topic" to political, because that is what it has now become.
    Last edited by cadman; 06/25/2007 at 06:03 PM.
    I'm going to be doing some forum work later this week. I am not going to add a 6800 forum at TC, but your username and pwd works over at WMExperts and I'll add a 6800 forum there. I'm also considering making a "one forum to rule them all" at some domain too.

I also intend to working on getting the activity over at WME's forum a little higher, too.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast