Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It looks like there has been some pics of the Motorola Q9m for VZW in the wild. looks pretty nice.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...lson-hands-on/

I saw a rumor about a GSM Q coming. Any truth to that?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    ^Two actually. There's a Q9h and a Q GSM. The Q GSM is EDGE only though from what I've read. BGR reviewed the Q9h last month.

bgr
  4.    #4  
    Well the Q GSM or as it is know being called Q8 is like the VZW/Sprint model, but only comes in the black. This Q9 is going to be the newer more flashier and powerful mode model(the GSM Q9 has more Slvr-ish style 5way which some say is nicer). I like the form factor of this phone as it is more along the lines of my Treo, but the fact is has no wifi, is what may sway me over to the HTC S720 which has great feature set(unless those Treos are super bada** because I am getting sick of their slow support).
    ^Yeah, it's too bad Motorola rushed to get this out on CDMA. I could have waited a bit for them to figure out how to get wifi on it. I'm not sure WM6, a better KB, and BT 2.0 is enough to get me to upgrade. Maybe by the time it's out on Sprint, they'll have Rev. A up and running.

On GSM, the Q might be do okay compared against the Blackjack, but it's going to look pretty weak going up against the upcoming S720 on CDMA and very weak if the S730 is out soon.
  6.    #6  
    Well we dont know how well it will do against the S720 seeing as some reports show it has wifi and some reports/pics don't show the wifi, which for many(like me) could be deal breaker. Then again the S710, S720 and S730 are suppose to be more of a higher end non-touch screen device like the Q9. I wil say GSM Q(Q8) will do well in the lower end/price market kind of like the Blackjack.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    yes that is a good question pdadb and another site said its going to have wifi like the gsm relative. However pics show nothing hmmm.
    The GSM version (Q9h) does not have wifi. This is from Motorola's website.

LINK

BoyGenius seems to be the only one whose gotten his hands on the CDMA (Q9m) version so far. While he didn't say there was no wifi on it, I would think that would have been one of the key features he would have mentioned if it did have it. I doubt the Sprint version will have it if the Verizon and Cingular don't either.

BG did say the CDMA had the scrollwheel I've grown so fond of which was left off the GSM version. He also said the CDMA version was still using mini-SD. I guess Moto is expecting current Q users who upgrade won't want to invest in a new SD card.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    The GSM version (Q9h) does not have wifi. This is from Motorola's website.

LINK

BoyGenius seems to be the only one whose gotten his hands on the CDMA (Q9m) version so far. While he didn't say there was no wifi on it, I would think that would have been one of the key features he would have mentioned if it did have it. I doubt the Sprint version will have it if the Verizon and Cingular don't either.

BG did say the CDMA had the scrollwheel I've grown so fond of which was left off the GSM version. He also said the CDMA version was still using mini-SD. I guess Moto is expecting current Q users who upgrade won't want to invest in a new SD card.
    That is a shame no wifi. What about the S720 wifi there as the GSM versions have it? I loved the Q the two months I had it but keyboard on it felt cheep I hope the Q9 and the S720 fix that stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmnboy View Post
    I had it but keyboard on it felt cheep I hope the Q9 and the S720 fix that stuff.
    Probably not...In my experience and some are saying even with the 6800, most WM devices feel "cheap" compared to Palm. Once of the reasons why I think they are priced higher--they just feel nicer.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Probably not...In my experience and some are saying even with the 6800, most WM devices feel "cheap" compared to Palm. Once of the reasons why I think they are priced higher--they just feel nicer.
    so you know if the S720 will have wifi or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmnboy View Post
    so you know if the S720 will have wifi or not?
    Yes, it will.
    Motorola Q-Killer?

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...aris-and-more/

That baby has specs up the wazoo! 400mhz, GPS, wifi, and the list goes on...(rev A out of the box!)
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    Yes, it will.
    You sure? This pic of the telus version shows no wifi. http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.en...tc-s720-18.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    You sure? This pic of the telus version shows no wifi.
    Uhhhh...maybe not. I just took a look at the specs over HTC's website and no mention of wifi. Sorry for the misinfo.

Well, that blows. The S710 has it, but the S720 doesn't. Definitely not going to upgrade now.

I guess I'll wait to see what the Iris has to offer.
  16.    #16  
    Yes I am in the same boat but odd thing was as some said PDADB says it has wifi. I really like the fact it has the keypad on the front make it easier for me and others. I guess I have to wait to see more info, specs and in person of the Iris, the S720, 800w and i760.
    What an INCREDIBLE disappointment!
    http://www.mobileburn.com/gallery.jsp?Page=1&Id=3490

Summary:
    * Same battery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable, the #1 issue with this device.
    * Same specs (the 9h has USB 2, this one *seems* to have the old. Similar if not same Camera.. what else?)
    * Same exact softkeys (where the 9h had a ton all over the place, this one only has the same three: speaker, email & camera)

Plus
    * Much better keyboard, it's apparently amazing now. This was a BIG issue, so I'm glad to see it resolved. I'm assuming it won't skip letters also.
    * WM6, though I hear from Dash users it's quite a memory hog. Still, it's a plus

(Useless)
    * The main 'innovation' seems to be a homescreen plugin with circular navigation. As if I wouldn't install Facade the 1rst thing, soon as I got this. whack.

Moto: Multimedia doesn't fly very far with 1130mah. Mobileburn got exactly the same battery life in tests as they did with the original. bah, Moto knows a black, skinny phone will sell as long as it meets the right price point. (do not confuse me with some Palm huggers round here who think the treo 700 series is 'perfect'.. the Black Q was an awesome phone, I do miss it) VZW will market it cheap enough, they make back those costs with the data plan a few will undoubtedly add.

__oh well
    ____
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I think the Blackjack I just bought feels pretty solid. The charger and microSD doors are on the flimsy side but the body feels solid to me.

On topic, does the GSM Q have 3G at least, if it doesn't have wifi? Also which carrier will have it? If it's coming to the US at all, that is. Moto sometimes leaves the US out.

P.S. A new generation of RAZRs is coming also. Looks like Moto wants to kick it up a notch, LOL!
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 06/22/2007 at 11:09 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post

On topic, does the GSM Q have 3G at least, if it doesn't have wifi? Also which carrier will have it? If it's coming to the US at all, that is. Moto sometimes leaves the US out.
    No, according to Moto's specs it will be EDGE only.

Summary of key features:
    • QWERTY tablet form factor
    • Global GSM quad band access³
    • High-speed data transfer using GPRS class 10 and EDGE class 10
    • 128MB Flash memory, 64MB RAM (approximately 40MB user memory4), plus miniSD slot for up to 1GB of optional storage of music, pictures and other media
    • Vivid 2.4”, 64K TFT display
    • 1.3 megapixel fixed-focus camera with LED photo indicator light
    • Enhanced music experience featuring Windows Media Player and integrated music player that supports multiple audio files: MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV.
    • 2.5 millimeter headset jack
    • Video capture and playback with sound using Windows Media Player supporting MPEG4, H.263, WMV formats
    • Connectivity using USB 1.1 Full Speed, Version 1.2 Class 2 Bluetooth wireless technology¹, 802.11b/g through optional miniSDIO connectivity
    • Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard Edition
    • Email via IMAP4, POP 3, SMTP, Exchange with Push email Clients; also RIM and Good support²
    • Messaging via SMS, MMS, Microsoft IM applications²
    • Full web browsing with Microsoft Explorer²
    • Support document viewing and editing
    LINK
    ^like clockwork...3G and GSM musings for you....funny
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast