Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well I have to say that I have enjoyed my Treo 700w and 700wx for the past year and a half. I still love the device and I may return to a treo someday.

However I just placed my order for a HTC Mogul with Sprint and my Treo is heading for Ebay. I just couldn't pass up the new HTC's form factor and combined with the widescreen. The square screen has always been my only gripe with the Treo so I'm going to try something with a widescreen for a while to see if it really makes that much of a difference.

Now I've got to see if I can transfer all of these square screen programs over to the Mogul.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Best of luck in your switch. I've just come to the Treo 700wx from a 6700. If you're used to a 700wx, you may find the 6800's memory a bit anemic. Whatever the outcome, let us know how your switch goes, I'm personally keeping a close eye on the 6800.
    Pilot 1000>Palm Pilot>Palm IIIx>Visor Prism>Toshiba e310>Toshiba e740>PPC-6700>Treo 700wx
    <a href="http://www.xianfox.com">xianfox.com</a>
    Slide out key board is the deal breaker for me.
    You will miss the one handed ease-of-use, but if specs are king to you then you'll love the mogul.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I am just wondering when the VZW version is coming out. I want to at least look.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Mine should arrive tomorrow. I'm not completely sure I'm leaving the wx, but I want to give this one a test run. That's what return policies are for, right?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I'm jumping ship too... my order is awaiting fulfillment and if it ships today, I'll get it tomorrow!

I agree with kaiguy too... I have really learned to like the WX, it is an awesome device.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    And of course Verizon has no idea about it.
    The 6800 looks great, but I can't go back to that form factor after having gotten so used to doing everything with the Treo one-handed. Just not having an exposed keyboard is reason enough to stay (for me).

But I'd be crazy not to say it's nice...
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I just want to be able to use any bluetooth headset and have VC. If my treo would give that to me then I would be happy.
    yea ill be going to the ppc-6800 asap. i just need to get that 550 together to get it. i like the bigger screen and wm6 plus revA are all deal breakers plus the scroll wheel you will never need the d pad.
    Question: If you "try" this out and return it, doesn't that reset your clock for upgrade discounts?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I hope you know what you're getting yourself into. I had the Treo 650 and liked it a lot. I then got a PPC 6700 and liked it at first, but absolutely HATED it later because it was so cumbersome to use. You have to go through so many steps, just to use the phone or call someone. These are in fact...PHONES first and it should be easy to call someone.

I also couldn't stand the slideout keyboard and the novelty wore off after a while. I do miss the built in WiFi though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    The 6800 looks great, but I can't go back to that form factor after having gotten so used to doing everything with the Treo one-handed. Just not having an exposed keyboard is reason enough to stay (for me).

But I'd be crazy not to say it's nice...
    Ditto.

I'm of course tempted as I think it's a solid device, but despite the lower-res square screen, I just love the form factor of the Treo.

Can't say I wouldn't want to "borrow" one for 2-3 weeks to give it a spin, but I'm quite positive a new Palm WM Treo will be with us in months and I'll be kicking myself

(prays for 320x320, BT 2.0, thinner, WM6, Rev A, more memory...lol)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    wow there are a lot of people bailing on their Treos for this newer, feature packed device.....probably lighter too?

wow!
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    wow there are a lot of people bailing on their Treos for this newer, feature packed device.....probably lighter too?

wow!
    Define "a lot".

seems to be quite few (out of 142 Treo 700wx "viewers").

As far as lighter: it's 13 grams lighter, not a huge amount, especially when you make the battery 300mah smaller than a Treo.

BTW, in case you haven't noticed: in tech forums, we all tend to buy new devices as soon as they come out. That's kind of what we do, lol. There's a "phone *****" group at Sprintusers.com who are just that--4 months per device is average, even when they "really liked it".

yep, i like buying them when they come out too.

a lot given the number of actual respondents to this thread.

many are giving up on their treos...it's ok if you don't.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Like most have stated the 6700 and the 6800 are not phones first. The Treo is just so easy to use compared to the HTC sider keyboard units. When the Wow factor wears off then you'll wish you still had the Treo. I'm so use to the ease of my Treo I can't believe I had a 6700 for 7 days.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I'm worried about the one-handed use as well, but there many perks to that one possible downside.

As said above, this is what we do... I swore the 700wx would last me 2 years, look at me now.

If I totally hate it I can either return it or sell it.

Hey Mala any news on the new WM Treo? All I've read points to a Smartphone version (sorry, don't know the WM6 naming yet).

Anyway, my order didn't ship today... hopefully tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    Hey Mala any news on the new WM Treo? All I've read points to a Smartphone version (sorry, don't know the WM6 naming yet).

Anyway, my order didn't ship today... hopefully tomorrow!
    I'm under the impression of 2 WM devices:

- Smartphone, lower end device = Gandolf
    - 800w = updated 700wx with WM6, 320x320 (wifi/gps?)

The 800w will probably launch on Verizon first, followed by Sprint in the Fall. The smartphone appears to be GSM at this point, though that will probably change.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast