Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Slide out keyboard, no thanks. I'll just wait until Q4 with the new Treo.
    No kidding. One-handed operation is already difficult enough without a slide-out keyboard.

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Slide out keyboard, no thanks. I'll just wait until Q4 with the new Treo.
    Would you really upgrade just to get WM6 and voice dial?
    Also includes GPS & Wi-fi, so yes.
    My 6800 was delivered yesterday at 4:30pm. By 8:30pm I decided I'm going to return it. Nice enough phone, but, IMHO, it's not worth the price I paid. And it has a few dead pixels.
    The Sprint Mogul (PPC 6800) is listed as a GPS enabled phone.

From the user guide available at http://www.sprint.com/cdma/assets/pd...pc_6800_ug.pdf page 176

Mogul’s ALI CAPABILITY
    The Mogul is an ALI-capable smart device equipped with a GPS (Global Positioning System) receiver supporting a satellite-based GPS ALI-capable network to comply with the FCC’s ALI requirements.
    The network compliance with the above FCC requirements is dependent on: (a) the use of digital technology by the wireless network; (b) GPS satellite signals being able to reach the handset (such transmissions do not always work indoors, for example) ; and (c) handset signals reaching wireless “base stations” (atmospheric and environmental conditions may cause variations in handset receiving signal strength).
    Also the transmission of the ALI information is subject, in part, to system constraints within the wireless network to which the E911 signal is transmitted and over which UT Starcom has no control.
    Finally, customers are advised that the Mogul’s ALI capability is to be used for E911 purposes only.
    For more information about placing emergency calls, see Section 3.
    I read this to mean that GPS is available IF you pay Sprint for premium services, and most likely only the applications that Sprint will provide.

Keep in mind that most, if not all, new phones are "GPS Enabled"; even the 700wx.

The Mogul appears to use a real GPS receiver, so it would be more accurate than what is currently available built-in to phones. The current crop of cell phones use tower triangulation for their "GPS".

I came from the 6700 to the 700wx (having a 600 and 650 previously).

I had originally switched to the 6700 for PocketPC.

When my 6700 fried and I was forced to get a 700wx replacement I was admitedly reluctant; my primary concern was the smaller display.

I couldn't be more pleased with the 700wx. Yes the screen is smaller, and the CPU is a little slower; but the 700wx is WAY easier to use than the 6700.

Regarding WiFi on my 6700, I always found it to much of a hassle to setup instead of just using my Sprint data connection. I hardly ever used it, haven't even missed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Mal..correct me if I am wrong on this, but I believe its possible from what I have read. If you want HTML email and only have an Exchange 2003 SP2 server to connect to, there is a way with WM6. The Exchange server needs to have the IMAP connections service enabled and accessible. 1and1, for example, has this enabled already. Then setup your poutlook to download email via imap and setup activesync to NOT download mail, but download everything else.

This should, in theory, give you HTML email while retaining push email, calendar, etc.
    Huh, I haven't heard of that so I can't verify but it sounds like a plausible option...maybe someone here could give it a spin?

(BTW, for those wondering...did I get a 6800? Heck no! Treo 700wx FTW )

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Would you really upgrade just to get WM6 and voice dial?
    What makes you think they wouldn't take advantage of that gift of 320x320 that MS did for just them? Or more memory, sleeker design, BT 2.0 and yes...WM6?

Do you know how the smsapp.zip is better than beta4? Also, would you post a link to the thread its in? I searched sprintusers.com forum for smsAPP.zip and smsAPP but could not find any results.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Well so far I have the Threaded SMS working like it did on my WX. I also have the Arcsoft MMS working as well and even works faster with Resco Picture Viewer when sending thru.

Im still getting fully adjusted to but overall Im taking a liking. Its smaller all around than the 700p / wx and even lighter at that.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Do you know how the smsapp.zip is better than beta4? Also, would you post a link to the thread its in? I searched sprintusers.com forum for smsAPP.zip and smsAPP but could not find any results.
    It's just the non-700wx version where it doesn't alter the Left softkey (since we get the dual option ), it's just the .cab (no extra files) and the default pinning order of the plugin as been changed.

Other than that, same ol' same ol' e.g. no MMS via thread app or other substantial changes.

12. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Something that concerns me is I had my friends Mogul in my hand this morning & I loved the form factor but when I looked at the available RAM it was about 4mb's because he had half his programs opened so I stopped all running programs & ended up with a little over 12mb's available. This concerns me because I came from the 700w & remember all to well the hell I went through trying my best to manage the memory & now that I have the 700WX,I have about an average of 30mb's to play with. Even with the normal apps that I always leave open (IE,Threaded SMS,Outlook). You no longer have to push up the slider & make it lock into position,its kinda like the slide mechanism the Samsung slide up phones use which is very sturdy. Just give it a nudge up & it slides right into place. Nice phone & I really would switch BUT I cant go backwards when it comes to RAM.
    Last edited by Ya Boi D; 06/21/2007 at 12:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Something that concerns me is I had my friends Mogul in my hand this morning & I loved the form factor but when I looked at the available RAM it was about 4mb's because he had half his programs opened so I stopped all running programs & ended up with a little over 12mb's available....
    The early consensus appears to be: yes it's not much but it doesn't seem to slow down the device at all and people are generally not having problems in that area (volume, dpad and buttons seem to be "unliked" candidates). So it's appears to be better optimized to handle lots of opened programs.

OTOH, not much really touches having 40mb of available RAM (give or take) on the 700wx.

Ya Boi's message gives me the heeby-jeebies and reminds me too much of those 700w days....having said that, closing programs and having only 12mb of remaining ram doesn't sound all that reassuring.....but if no one has complained yet i suppose that's good.

have yet to read a thread where someone is really loving the Mogul experience....yes, it's still very early.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    My 6800 came today! Got my 2GB memory card delivered an hour earlier. I started playing with is all evening.

Overall, it is excellent. I know I read a lot of negative things on the 6700, but the 6800 is really polished. I like WM6 too. They made some nice improvements to the OS.

It will take a while to get used to the slide out keyboard, but having wi-fi, a bright clear screen, loud bluetooth, this is definitely worth a try. The screen is the same dpi as the Treo, but appears much brighter and more vibrant than the 700wx screen.

It has less available RAM than the 700wx, but I haven't noticed any issues. I opened many programs and only had 7MB left and did not have any slowdowns.

Last but not least, this device is pretty compact for what it offers. And it even fits my Treo case fine. Overall, this one is a keeper.
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    Ya Boi's message gives me the heeby-jeebies and reminds me too much of those 700w days....having said that, closing programs and having only 12mb of remaining ram doesn't sound all that reassuring.....but if no one has complained yet i suppose that's good.

have yet to read a thread where someone is really loving the Mogul experience....yes, it's still very early.
    I complained:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...treo-700w.html

I want to like this phone, in fact, I do like it very much. The RAM is going to be a constant nusiance, however.
    ewww that doesn't sound like a feature....thanks for the note!
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    I havent had the out of memory problem after installing pbar to close apps. But i did notice that this phone is slow when openning apps. It lags as much as the 700p sometimes even longer. Any one else notice this? I'm starting to miss the simplicity of my 700p =(
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234