Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Well I'm holding my Mogul right now (actually dumping all of my files on it).

So far I love it. The bigger screen is great. However every time I look at my Treo I have a hard time thinking I'll get rid of it.

I'm going to give it a week or two and see.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I've spent thus far about 2 hours with my new MOGUL. I so far have my 1and1 exchange account setup thru activesync. I am kinda disappointed that it only allows me to do TEXT ONLY when this version should allow me to use outlook with full HTML support. Im assuming its a limitation with 1and1.

I installed Palm Threading .cab to which it launched but it broke outlook really good. On bootup Im getting error on bootup and when I try to open Outlook it gives me the tmail.exe error. I have done the palm threading several times on my WX so its nothing I have done differently.

Im currently testing the MMS hack and will see if thats also not working. So far I have mixed emotions about the 6800 but then again I had the same feelings when I first got my WX a year ago.

I shall keep yall posted.. if interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    The only complaints I've heard about that form-factor: screen is small and off-centered when in landscape (shifted to the right) and the "balance" of the device is also off a bit when typing.

Otherwise, I think it'd be a huge hit and yet-another-device to bridge between the ominous 6800 and the more dumbed-down Moto Q.
    The screen is 2.4in only .1in smaller than what the current Treos. To me the only down side is no scrolling thumb-wheel like the Mogul and the 3G GSM S730. I hope that there really is one and that all the specs sheets some how forgot to list it. Will the S720 have wifi some place say yes some say no.

I know the keyboard is missing one less row of keys so how does that compare to the Moguls keyboard?
    Last edited by bloodycape77; 06/19/2007 at 10:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs View Post
    I've spent thus far about 2 hours with my new MOGUL. I so far have my 1and1 exchange account setup thru activesync. I am kinda disappointed that it only allows me to do TEXT ONLY when this version should allow me to use outlook with full HTML support. Im assuming its a limitation with 1and1.

I installed Palm Threading .cab to which it launched but it broke outlook really good. On bootup Im getting error on bootup and when I try to open Outlook it gives me the tmail.exe error. I have done the palm threading several times on my WX so its nothing I have done differently.

Im currently testing the MMS hack and will see if thats also not working. So far I have mixed emotions about the 6800 but then again I had the same feelings when I first got my WX a year ago.

Did you install the threading cab without any of the extra files since the 6800 is WM6? The installation is different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahan View Post
    . It was great for email, but other than that, a horrible inconvenience, but a small price to pay for a great phone.
    The only way to describe my joy with this phone is "best of both worlds." I'm tempted to try the 6800, and if someone really loves the slide-out keyboard, then it's a nobrainer, IMHO. Anyway, long post to say that I agree that the slide-out keyboard is the "make it or break it" feature that each must decide on. As for me, I can't WAIT for the 800w =) Until then, I've got what is, probably, the best cell phone I've ever had--and a DARN good PDA to boot.
    well, at least for this user (above) it is all about the keyboard. i suppose all of the rest don't type as frequently as he.

i suppose that's nothing new though....for those who don't type often it seems like it would make all the sense in the world...

awesome device for the slideout lovers
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    maybe that's my problem. I wasn't aware of a wm6 version of the palm threader install. I used the palm threader 8_26 one.

could you assist me with what I need for wm6 install.
    cool...what does that palm threader install do for you? sounds interesting...sounds like something that many might like to have...no?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    after copying all the files from palm threading folder to windows and rebooting it tells me on boot something about pcore.exe is not a known application or something. next time I will write the details. then when opening poutlook I get tmail.exe error.
    ^definitely sounds like something the masses would kill to have.

right?
    Sup guys - after few good years with Treos I decided to try HTC-6800 so for now I have to say L8r to all.

Now I can use my Jawbone and voice dial option on my new phone
    after copying all the files from palm threading folder to windows and rebooting it tells me on boot something about pcore.exe is not a known application or something. next time I will write the details. then when opening poutlook I get tmail.exe error.
    Palm threaded works 100% on the Mogul, just like every other WM PPC out there.

The key is this: just install the .cab, do not copy the files over to \Windows as that is not needed post AKU 2.3 (it's in the readme file of the Beta 4 zip).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter

HTML email only works with Exchange 2007. Most hosting services have not upgraded yet but most have announced plans to do so this year, so you'll have to wait on that

As posted above, Threaded SMS and PictureMail hacks both work on the Mogul, 100% confirmed. Maybe follow the ppcgeeks.com Titan section for more assistance?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    No offense, but there is another thread with the same title further down the page.

And that thread was moved...
    none taken
    just saying gbye until palm comes out with new WM6 device

Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    No offense, but there is another thread with the same title further down the page.

And that thread was moved...
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    The screen is 2.4in only .1in smaller than what the current Treos. To me the only down side is no scrolling thumb-wheel like the Mogul and the 3G GSM S730.

I know the keyboard is missing one less row of keys so how does that compare to the Moguls keyboard?
    That not bad comparing to the Treo. If there is no Wifi at least give us a tumb wheel .
    Slide out keyboard, no thanks. I'll just wait until Q4 with the new Treo.
    Mal..correct me if I am wrong on this, but I believe its possible from what I have read. If you want HTML email and only have an Exchange 2003 SP2 server to connect to, there is a way with WM6. The Exchange server needs to have the IMAP connections service enabled and accessible. 1and1, for example, has this enabled already. Then setup your poutlook to download email via imap and setup activesync to NOT download mail, but download everything else.

This should, in theory, give you HTML email while retaining push email, calendar, etc.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Palm threaded works 100% on the Mogul, just like every other WM PPC out there.

The key is this: just install the .cab, do not copy the files over to \Windows as that is not needed post AKU 2.3 (it's in the readme file of the Beta 4 zip).
    There's already a better version available than the Beta 4 zip file. Search at SU.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    There's already a better version available than the Beta 4 zip file. Search at SU.
    Well its a new day and I will try all the above everyone, thanks for the info!

nsxprime - I will search for the better version but im not sure what you mean by looking for it at SU? Dont want to seem like a noob and if I do i appologize.
    www.sprintusers.com I saw it there today. smsAPP.zip
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast