View Poll Results: Will you switch to the 6800/Mogul when it comes out?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! I will get it the second its available.

15 31.91%
  • Maybe. I will wait a while and see what others think.

18 38.30%
  • No. You will have to pry my 700w/wx from my cold dead hands.

3 6.38%
  • No. I am waiting for the 800w

7 14.89%
  • No. I am going to go back to a PalmOS or Linux Treo

4 8.51%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i may not be getting it the day it comes out, but i will be getting one. within a week or two.

too sweet.

nothing is wrong with my sprint wx. it just i had the 6700. i miss the 240x320 screen, bt dialing, wifi while at home in my only 1x area (basement lol), and "i'm a must have the latest" wm6. i still keep my treo for a month or two just to make sure it not too buggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    There was talk of it being delayed. However, someone just got one (see link below), so it appears as if the telesales launch will go on tomorrow as planned.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...1&page=1&pp=15
    i was just going to say that. i am nobody, but i bet tomorrow it will happen. i hope anyway.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i was just going to say that. i am nobody, but i bet tomorrow it will happen. i hope anyway.
    I'm a new Treo 700wx owner, and I'm within my 30 days with Sprint. I'm debating whether to get this or stick with the Treo. I'm really loving my Treo, but you know the grass is always greener...
    it's all about the keyboard....will be interesting to see which you decide to go with in and around your 3rd or 4th post.

best success
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Well I will be testing it for 30 days and I will decide if this is ready to replace my primary device which is the 755p. If it does end up replacing it then I won't look back until I see a Linux Treo. The 755p is nice and stable but I miss the days of being bleeding edge when it came to gadgets or at least up to date so I am ordering a 6800 and see how it goes. I am very excited for a Linux Treo as I am a WM hater but the reality is that it's not here today and I am putting my bias aside to give WM6 a fair evaluation. I did try out a 700wx for a few weeks but that didn't do much for me and that was WM5.
    what will the price be for current customers?
    it's on the sprint website right now. someone posted screen shots of the ordering screen on pdaphonehome. i tried it as well and it worked. i'm going to hold off on getting it though. my contract is up in november and i figure all the phones im considering should be out by then and will see if i want to dump sprint for another carrier with the phone i want. i've narrowed it down to the mogul, imate 7150, htc s620, and the htc s630.
    I'm thinking about it. How much you think I could get for my 700p, two desk chargers, 2 batteries, and bluetooth headset on ebay?
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial View Post
    I'm thinking about it. How much you think I could get for my 700p, two desk chargers, 2 batteries, and bluetooth headset on ebay?
    I would suggest you do a search on eBay through the completed listings (requires you log on). Based on the completed listings, it looks like you should be able to get $200-$300 for your 700p. What hurts you is that the 700p is no longer the newest Sprint PalmOS phone (755). However, you can still get some decent cash out of it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I don't see any mention of free RAM after a hard reset. I'm guessing (hoping) that Engadget shot showing 21MB was with some apps running already.

I have a hard time using a 750 with its 31MB free after a hard reset, and would prefer to have the extra RAM over ROM. Hopefully the 800w will pack 128MB RAM as has been rumored.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    It apparently has 26 MB after a soft reset.

Surur
    That's too bad. I hated that aspect of the Q, the ~25mb free after hard reset. The 40MB+ on the 700wx is really great, it makes a huge difference to me.. weee I'm on honeymoon with the 700wx again, can you guys tell?

Looking forward to the 800w, definitely.
  13.    #33  
    I wonder if the difference in Free RAM is due to WM6 or something different. Any ideas?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Don't think so, the 6700 iirc had about that much free memory (25~30) after a reboot.
    Take a look at this link from me on the 700P forum:
    [URL="http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=145814"]

In short, I got mine and my wife's two Treos replaced by two 6800s today through retentions for a total of $219.
    26MB free RAM? Ugh. I hope the 800w comes in around 80+MB free. This is just silly. How do people actually USE these devices? A browser, email program, and active sync alone suck up almost 15-20MB, and the OS starts shutting things down after it gets below 10MB it seems.

God forbid you run SlingPlayer, GSPlayer, StyleTap, or Egress on top of these things.

So far, from my experience, the wx with its 40+MB free seems to be the only *USABLE* Sprint WM device for power users.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    just ordered mine today. $399. got to love retentions. lol
    is there any application for window mobile that is like call shield where you can block certain phone numbers & sms messages? and also assing a ringtone AND sms alert for specific contacts?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    is there any application for window mobile that is like call shield where you can block certain phone numbers & sms messages? and also assing a ringtone AND sms alert for specific contacts?
    I have been wanting to try call shield. I currently use Buzz-off and it gets buggy...sometimes it bugs off everyone and I can't get a call. It seems to do that when it doesn't recognize anyone in my contacts DB. I usually know when it has when my caller log shows the contacts number and not the name...I actually don't know if that is a Buzz-off problem or a rare problem with my phone because it just doesn't recognize the names of anyone in contacts and shows the number when they call and the Buzz-off buzzes them off...it happens every once in a while for a short period of time but not much as a total but a headache when it does and its only at home when it happens and I have a weak signal at home if it may have anything to do with it.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    Of course.

PhotoContacts Pro (ringers, call/sms filter, etc.)

MagiCall (I highly recommend this app--very powerful). (call/sms filter--2 way)

There are also a lot of "ringer" programs like mRing, etc.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast