Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Originally posted by Wahoo
    It seems there's always a catch. . .

My understanding is that it (the Palm OS 4.0)has memory management software to allow better access to memory peripherals, like MS/CF/MMC.
    The Palm OS 4.0's ability to access memory peripheral were based on Sony's modification of the Palm 3.5 OS in their earlier Clie model. Therefore, an upgrade to OS 4.0 will be unproductive considering the Palm 3.5 OS modified by Sony already has that feature.

It is kinda like a Prism owner wanting to upgrade to Palm OS 4.0 to take advantage to the 16-bit color support.
    Fat's
  2. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Fat_Man

The Palm OS 4.0's ability to access memory peripheral were based on Sony's modification of the Palm 3.5 OS in their earlier Clie model. Therefore, an upgrade to OS 4.0 will be unproductive considering the Palm 3.5 OS modified by Sony already has that feature.

It is kinda like a Prism owner wanting to upgrade to Palm OS 4.0 to take advantage to the 16-bit color support.
    It's exactly like that, because if you were ever able to even do that (flash upgrade the visor to PalmOS 4.0) you would lose the ability to access your springboard slot! Similarly, you would likely lose your 320x320 resolution, MP3 playback, etc. if you flashed the PalmOS 4.0 ROM onto an SC2. The only time you should update the ROM is if the manufacturer of your device releases an upgrade.
    Originally posted by Rob

>Is there any software or solution out there for getting ATRACs from Minidiscs onto the Clie?
    I've never heard of one...what would you use to connect your Minidisc player to your PC for recording/converting?
    I never heard of anything either (except the line out), but just curious if someone ever made a "disk drive" for minidiscs since I have all of 5 minidiscs full of already ATRAC'ed music.

[i]
    >Why do I have so many questions?
    Probably some neuro-chemical imbalance...a full frontal lobotomy should take care of it.
    Where can I get a lobotomy? How much does it cost? Will it hurt? What's a lobotomy anyway? How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123