1.    #1  
    This looks like some competition for the I-phone, check out the link! This is what I want my next Treo to look like (how bout one with a keypad and one without, The video is impressive!!

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/6425.html
    Everything Does Not Need To Be Compared To The Damn Iphone.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Like it or not the iphone is still competition for Palm and wouldn't you like your Treo to have a new design with the Linux based software. Palm is going to update the Treo design I have no doubt about that. I have applied the MR and things are better. My wife called this morning and I punched answer two to three times before the call dropped. That's the answer I want and expect from Palm. We all or most of us have had resets and trouble in answering our calls. Unfortunately my wife's Treo 650 does the same thing occassionally but I still believe that the 650 is more stable than the 700p. Most of us prefer a more graphical interface (at least I do) but if the Palm were more stable I would be happy with our current OS look and feel. I want Palm to win the smartphone war. They need to be the leader and they can be! I hope that they catch up and release our new phone in Dec.
    I don't care about the iphone...but with this thin touch screen, I think there's hope for a really thin Treo. whoo hoo!
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite View Post
    I don't care about the iphone...but with this thin touch screen, I think there's hope for a really thin Treo. whoo hoo!
    Like Wifi and Bluetooth that works? Keep dreaming.
    Foolio me once, shame on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal View Post
    Like Wifi and Bluetooth that works? Keep dreaming.
    I betcha dollars for donuts that wifi and BT will work on the iPhone.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    I betcha dollars for donuts that wifi and BT will work on the iPhone.
    Work out the bugs before releasing the phone? What a concept!
    Foolio me once, shame on you...
    Ahhh, doesn't look to special. iPhone is still number one for new upcoming phone in my book
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Ahhh, doesn't look to special. iPhone is still number one for new upcoming phone in my book
    No removable battery
    No memory card support
    No support for 3rd party programs yet!
    I'm not much of a demanding user so I rarely remove my battery, 8GB is whole lotta more than my 4GB SD card so I'm happy with that and there will be 3rd party support, only has to be approved by apple and I believe we will see an iPhone store in iTunes to get the latest programs. Overall iPhone fits me very well ^.^
    You even have to pay for I-ringtones......

However I feel that the Iphone will have less problems at launch then some other phones we all have used.....
    Still wondering though how long the touch screen will hold up on an Iphone.
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    This one may. Many devices are coming out in an answer to the iPhone. So yes, some manufacterers are looking at the iPhone as a serious contender.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    is it going to have a touch screen qwerty at least?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    is it going to have a touch screen qwerty at least?
    It has the usual stylus-centric soft keyboards, graffiti and normal handwriting recognition. One can install third party apps to help, but this is still a finger AND stylus phone.

Surur