Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    A Samsung sph i550 went for >$750 on ebay. I was just browsing through interested in updating my i500 for a few more features when I ran across this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3D50%26fvi%3D1

The question: Why so much? Is this a collectors item that won't be put into service? It doesn't have all that many features compared to a TREO. Can't beat the form-factor though. I love my i500 and can't find anything else suitable for one-handed convenience.
    The i550 was never formally released in the US. It was slated to be the next big bad thing for Sprint, and even had pre-orders available for it. Sprint decided not to launch it at the last minute, so the few existing i550s are either from other countries (I think it was launched in Mexico finally) or one of the few demo devices that made it into the wild.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Because it WAS what the Treo 700 series is still YET to be.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss View Post
    Because it WAS what the Treo 700 series is still YET to be.
    Amen. The day other manufacturers ceased making PalmOS devices all innovation/R&D/improvements in Palm Inc ceased with it. Competition is good for everyone.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    If Sprint had released the 550, I'd have never left for the Cingular wasteland. I still believe a light flip phone with a touch screen would be the berries. Think Razr with Grafitti touchscreen, mini or micro SD card with 3G and WORKING bluetooth 2.0.

Drooling yet sports fans?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.