1. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    How the hell did they get a m505 before the US. I thought that Palm was to release the m505 in the US first, maybe it was a proto-type.

The picture quality is pretty bad, but comparatively the Clie's screen certainly looks brighter than the m505. That's a pretty dim and dull screen on the m505.

I hate to see Palm repeat Sony's first color Clie debacle.
    Fat's
  3. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Fat_Man
    How the hell did they get a m505 before the US. I thought that Palm was to release the m505 in the US first, maybe it was a proto-type.
    My guess is that it was a prototype, since there is no 'm505' silkscreened on the upper right of the device. That's no guarantee that a production model will be any better, though. Unfortunately, the size/resolution of the photos doesn't really tell us much about the screens except for the relative brightness in different lighting. We'd need closer/bigger photos to really be able to compare clarity, sharpness, richness of color, etc. I don't think there's any question that the m505 will not be as bright as the Prism.
    Here is a nice closeup of the M505 showing the Backlit graffiti area

It looks like they did a horrible job on this prototype. Especially near the bottom. Let's hope the production model is better.
    <FONT face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="1" >NetCaptor and Odigo Rule!<i></font>
    "The Internet is now on computers?"
    Homer Simpson