1.    #1  
    OK I am geting real serious about pushing VZ nicely to swap my 700p out for the 8800...

Anyone here use both ans can give a good comparision.

My main Apps other than the phone are the Calendar, ToDo, E-mail, SMS, ocasional Web.

I would really like a true comparison of the features... like what does the 8800 do better than the 700p, what's the same, what is better on the 700p...
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Palm can't compare to BB. BB devices are much more bulletproof. Palm's interface is nicer, but when the device crashes as often as mine did, it was just not worth having a palm device.
    Keep the palm and start using other programs. Use it as an mp3, add slingbox, an e-bookreader, use the free stuff from On Demand, get a financail package or free game. For some reason I can't let go of the touch screen.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ View Post
    Keep the palm and start using other programs. Use it as an mp3, add slingbox, an e-bookreader, use the free stuff from On Demand, get a financail package or free game. For some reason I can't let go of the touch screen.
    Well of those programs you listed I would really only use the e-book program... So are the problems really worth it?? I am holding my greath right now waiting for the MR on the 700p... if that fixes my problems then I will keep it if not then I will be switching...
    I have both. Treo on Cingular with Chattermail for push and Blackberry on TMobile.

Apps are generally nicer with the Treo and many more 3rd party choices are available. The Touch screen can be very useful also as well as being higer res. I don't use my Treo for MP3, phone and push email via Chatter are taxing enough.

That said, Blackberrys are more reliable with nicer keyboards. I dislike the one inbox approach though.

My thrid party apps include google maps (on both), pkt quicken (treo), citibank, (treo), Zagats to Go, (treo), Worldmate (treo), Documents to Go (treo, MS Office equivalent) and Key suites (teo, outlook address book/calender equivelent). BTW The Treos built in PIM is better than the Blackberrys but not quite good enough for me.
    I had the 700p on VZW for about a year and moved to the 8800 on Cingular in March.

The Blackberry does a much better integration of the basic phone features (bluetooth headset, dialing extension on every number not just favorites).

The trackball is great. I rarely miss the touchscreen. I took about a week of getting used to, but it works great.

I miss some of the third party programs I had (Agendus) but I am making due with the following add ons in BB world:

> PocketDay - PIM Enhancement that is getting closer to the Agendus functions.
    > Berry411 - Replaces DA from the Palm world and is now GPS enabled.
    > LexSpell - Spell checker for emails.
    > SmartViewer - enhanced view for emails. Integrates in with native app.
    > Follow-Up - allows you to add a Task or Meeting from a call or email.

Go hang around at blackberryforums.com for a while to see what is there.
    Thanks,

Mark

Palm III > Palm Vx > Sony Clie PEG760N > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650