Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by žammy
    Does any programs you downloaded makes any sounds? Does the system its self makes any sounds?
    I think TealMovie is currently the most amazing app that does real sound. They should license whatever sound engine they managed to innovate in that app, it's a frickin' miracle.
    Even my VDX (Visors have NO speaker, not "just a tiny piezo" -- but NO) is somehow able to play real sound w/the astonishing TealMovie app.
    "Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds." -- Albert Einstein
    The Vdx DOES have a speaker--it has alarms, HotSync notifications, and TealMovie.
    Fat_Man

I have a VPL as well and compared it to the Edge screen and the m500. I thought the VPL had better screen contrast. What do you think?
    "That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you...."
    Julie Strietelmeier has just posted another one of her thorough reviews on the Gadgeteer.com website -- this time of the m500. You might want to take a look.

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/m500-review.html

I've always found Julie's reviews to be some of the most informative on the Internet. I shuttle between The Gadgeteer and VisorCentral daily.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Originally posted by bookrats
    I've always found Julie's reviews to be some of the most informative on the Internet. I shuttle between The Gadgeteer and VisorCentral daily.
    Yep, her reviews are usually right on. However this time she made a big boo-boo and then used that as one of her big negatives of the review. I have both and m500 and an m505 and they both pop out of the cradle on-handed. Julie says that she has to hang on to the cradle with one hand and remove the device with the other. If she followed the supplied instructions she wouldn't have this problem.
    I couldn't agree more. I had no problems with the cradle at all. It is very similiar to the Visor cradle, since you have to tip the PDA forward to remove it.

(I also love the display ... I can't see what all the fuss is about.)

-Eric
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123