1.    #1  
    Just thought I would give anyone interested a heads up. The M500 (monochrome) is slowly starting to make it's appearance in retail stores. Several posters at BrightHand (or Dimhand, depending on what you think of the site), and PDABuzz are reporting that OfficeDepot is the first to get them in, in small numbers. No word yet on the color unit.

I did see that Staples just dinged my credit card for the $29 reservation price. I'm not sure if that means it's getting closer to arrival or not.
  2.    #2  
    Geez, no one has posted a comment? Looks like nobody cares about poor little M500!

I did call my local Office Depot, and they do indeed have the M500 in stock. But not the 505. Figures!

Staples.com still swears up and down that I will receive my 505 on May 7. We'll see.
    I care. I really, really care.

Seriously, thanks for the heads-up. I'm going to swing by office depot locally tonight just to check it out. I wouldn't go back to Monochrome at this point, but it's nice to play with what's out there.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by VTL
    ...I'm going to swing by office depot locally tonight just to check it out. I wouldn't go back to Monochrome at this point, but it's nice to play with what's out there.
    I'm in the same boat as well. After using color devices, it really is hard to go back to monochrome. I may go to Office Depot tonight just to take a peak. But I hear an M505 somewhere out there calling me...like the sirens song leading sailors to their doom. Or in this case, my credit card!
    I can't afford either, but I'm woefully afraid of seeing the m505. my primary expansion need is memory, and I've never had a non-color device (III, M100, and now VDX). I don't want to fall in love after I've put so much into the vdx....

sigh...

money money money money... MONEY!
    Unfortunately, neither the Office Depot nor the CompUSA near my house had the M500, at least not Friday evening.

All was not lost however, - CompUSA had a working IPaq on display, I got to play with it a bit. I had never had a chance to play with one, despite hearing how great it was. I have to admit to being impressed - very nice piece of industrial design.

That said, it wasn't nice enough to make me dump my Prism. Still, it was nice to have a "hands on" experience with the only PocketPC device that sounds in the least bit tempting.
    I visited several CompUSA's and BestBuys - Maybe they are just yanking your chain FF, or maybe you were dreaming.
    [file:///C|/eyemodule/RICOROSSI/Unfiled/Rico.jpg]
    I picked up an M500 at an Office Depot in San Jose, CA yesterday afternoon. Yes they are real. Also, since the store got them on Friday, Palm actually shipped some quantity of them by April 20 as promised.