Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Posts hijacked from another thread...

Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    This is truly the 750's competition:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1134535
    Quote Originally Posted by cdelauz02 View Post
    that could just be the killer right there. Who will carry it, and when will it be out?
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman View Post
    According to the Expansys website, it comes with a stylus - so it's safe to assume it has a touch screen. It is projected to be available in the UK on June 20...

http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=147071
    Mobile Planet has it on its Website as well:
    http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i...artner=ubiquio
    Last edited by KevMeister; 05/06/2007 at 01:38 AM.
    Man, that thing is packed! How they managed to fit all that in 150g <16mm chassis and with touchscreen and WM6 Pro to boot is pretty impressive. I know I'm just being greedy, but it's too bad they couldn't have squeezed GPS in their as well.
    jam pack!
  4.    #4  
    Yesh!

If they make a Sprint/CDMA (Else I might change to AT&T) version of the UBiQUiO 503G, I think this will be an very decent upgrade from my T650...more memory, faster processor, 2.0 MP camera, .3 MP video conferencing camera, built-in Wi-Fi...yum!

Can't wait for the reviews. Is there an online manual for this thing?

What really impressed me was the number of hard keys (besides the keyboard) on this device, looks more intuitive than the Treo's. I wonder if the hard buttons are programmable (with the option key)? I'm just guessing here, but it looks like there's a separate hard button for the camera/video conferencing. Though the screen is smaller than the Treo's--it's a bit wider. 240x320...I can live with that.

The only caveat: Even though I groaned about the MiniSD card on a different thread, I've come to accept the inevitable.

The true test...wonder what the battery life is like?

It looks like it comes in two colors...one version I see shows the majority of the keyboard is black, with the number keys white: http://www.mobileplanet.com/zoompic....=item&i=147071

Then the reverse: http://msmobiles.com/news.php/6207.html
    Last edited by KevMeister; 05/06/2007 at 01:53 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Bump. Any new news on this thing?
    This is the best alternative to the treo I have seen. If it ran evdo and sprint carried it, I would drop the treo on the spot for it. Awesome specs. It blows the doors off ANYTHING palm has done to date. period.
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    It might be a bit large.
    Last edited by Dim-Ize; 12/07/2008 at 08:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize View Post
    It might be a bit large.
    Might be big. But does it crash? Is it waiting for a maintenance release for a whole year to make it usable to a significant minority of the owners of the device? Is the maintenance release potentially fatal to the health of the device? Is it dangerous to plug a wired earphone in it because the jack might break? Does it "encourage" you to use a wired earphone because it can't stay reliably paired up with a bluetooth headset bearing the same name as the phone itself (ratbag ratbag ratbag I can't use my Treo wireless headset with my 750 reliably ratbag ratbag ratbag)?

EDIT: Hey! I just figured it out. The Treo is an elaborate graduate school-level psychological experiment and we are the lab mice. It is a double bind experiment. Try to use the BT headset and it drives you nuts because it is unreliable. Switch to wired headsets and you break the tetchy earphone jack. Pay a large amount of money to be put into this frustrating position. Forget the lessons of Economics 101 about sunk costs and stay with the Treo because it's my fault because I must have installed some software on it that makes it unreliable. Palm loves me. It's my fault. Palm will treat me right. I must be doing something wrong.
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Might be big. But does it crash? Is it waiting for a maintenance release for a whole year to make it usable to a significant minority of the owners of the device? Is the maintenance release potentially fatal to the health of the device? Is it dangerous to plug a wired earphone in it because the jack might break? Does it "encourage" you to use a wired earphone because [I]it can't stay reliably paired up with a bluetooth headset bearing the same name as the phone itself?
    I don't know if it crashes allot or if it will have patches. Surely the jack is in a better spot. Is it even out yet?
  10.    #10  
    Bump. Any new news?
    IMO just as much a vaporware as the Acer P50.
  12.    #12  
    Bump. Any new news?
    I thought this thread was bumped because there WAS news. Thanks

Check mobileplanet and see if its on sale yet. I doubt it
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Expansys are showing it as being in stock, guess it's not vapourware after all

http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=147071

Reminds me of the Fujitsu Siemens LOOX T830, nice spec but a little bit too big.
  15.    #15  
    Bump! Any new news?
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Bump! Any new news?
    What news do you want, it's been available for the last three months
  17.    #17  
    Hoping for news if there will be a CDMA version for carriers like Sprint.
    I promise I will BUMP this thread if there is any news, OK? LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Hoping for news if there will be a CDMA version for carriers like Sprint.

There will not.
    Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (Sprint) > PPC-6600 (Sprint) >Treo 650 (Sprint) > PPC-6700 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (sprint) > Treo 700w (Verizon) > Treo 700p (Sprint) > Motorola Q (Verizon) > Treo 700w (Verizon) > XV6700 (Verizon) > Treo 700p (Sprint) > Treo 700wx > Blackberry 8703e > Dash > HTC 3125 > Treo 700wx > Motorola Q > HTC Hermes 8525 > Blackberry 8800 > Blackberry Curve > Treo 750 > Ubiquio 503g > Iphone > Wing > TyTn II > Q9 Global > Tilt > Ubiquio 503g
    anyone have one yet?
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast