Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A stable phone? Sounds like your Treo may be giving you problems more than Sprint.

And the poster who said BB has crappy fonts, you can customize to where you like it. They have so any choices, it's hard to believe there's not one he likes.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 06/02/2007 at 11:29 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I just made the jump as well, after many, many, many years of Treos. I have to say, the Curve is an incredible device, and it blows the 680 I have been using out of the water (Not hard to do). It has a 2 MP Camers with a flash, It is lighter than the 680, and the battery is great right out of the box. Web browsing is fast, Music and video is good so far (Only had for 36 hours hours).

Unless Palm makes major strides, I have to agree with Olvarez. I do not see another Treo in the future
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G View Post
    I just made the jump as well, after many, many, many years of Treos. I have to say, the Curve is an incredible device, and it blows the 680 I have been using out of the water (Not hard to do). It has a 2 MP Camers with a flash, It is lighter than the 680, and the battery is great right out of the box. Web browsing is fast, Music and video is good so far (Only had for 36 hours hours).

Unless Palm makes major strides, I have to agree with Olvarez. I do not see another Treo in the future
    I am having the same feelings as you are MattM2G. I am having a little bit of a hard time with my IT people to install a BES for me to get my mail off the Exchange Server, but even if that didn't happen, I don't know if I would go back to my Treo 750 or 680. I need a device that just works and the BB just works.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    So how many Treo users will dump the Treo for the Curve? I'm tempted to myself, since the Curve is basically a watered down Treo(less functionality than the 750, but full keyboard and screen). I mainly use phone, text, some email, and some light browsing anyway. The Pearl has worked excellent for texting, for obvious reasons. I have barely edited any documents on the Treo, so do I really need that? The only thing I wish is RIM would release a 3G and/or wifi BB.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I would not say that the BB is a watered down Treo, they are just different. The BB just works, without many problems (I have not experienced any) and I just need to once in a while view an office document in an email. Other than that, the PIM is fine and the web browser works wonderfully and the camera and BT rock! I have not ever owned a Treo that has BT implementation like the BBs do.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    What do you use to view office documents, please? I found some BB office programs, but they are very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    What do you use to view office documents, please? I found some BB office programs, but they are very expensive.
    The BB is able to view them natively in the OS, according to what it says on the box. I can view Word, Excel, .PDF, .JPG, .GIF and PowerPoint.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Does anyone know whether we can get an unlocked BB Curve? I am seriously thinking of jumping ship as well - 680 just sucks.

I think Palm needs to tell their customers what is in their pipeline else it will see more people switching to non-palm. This might hurt their current sales but may get the frustrated treo users to perhaps stick around a while...
    Unlocked Curves going for about $600 at mobilecityonline.com. I wonder if BB sells them directly, we might get a better deal if so.

Rob, is that only on the Curve? They don't seem to push document viewing for the Pearl. I think I read that sometimes the attachments are dropped on the Pearl. However, I haven't tried reading any documents on the Pearl myself yet.

I've had a 300, 600, 650 and now a 680 - the 680 convinced me that I was done with Palm. I've been anxiously awaiting the iPhone, but I helped my son setup his BB Pearl the other day. What a great phone! Quick, stable, great form factor. And the track ball! That rocks - it's what the stupid Treo 5-way wants to be when it grows up. Palm is done, everyone else innovates and Palm rebrands old technology with tiny incremental changes.

Dunca
    Unlocked Curves going for about $600 at mobilecityonline.com. I wonder if BB sells them directly, we might get a better deal if so.

Rob, is that only on the Curve? They don't seem to push document viewing for the Pearl. I think I read that sometimes the attachments are dropped on the Pearl. However, I haven't tried reading any documents on the Pearl myself yet.
    You can buy an ATT curve for $449.00 retail and have it unlocked for $19.99 within 24 hours from gsmphonesource.com. gsmphonesource also sells the ATT unlocked version for $529.99.

Good luck!
    Last edited by nittanyjack; 06/08/2007 at 12:34 PM. Reason: to add more info

I believe you can open the same or similar docs on the Pearl out-of-the-box, although I can't remember from when I had a Pearl. All I can say is if you have a Pearl, email yourself some docs and see if you can view them.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by nittanyjack View Post
    You can buy an ATT curve for $449.00 retail and have it unlocked for $19.99 within 24 hours from gsmphonesource.com. gsmphonesource also sells the ATT unlocked version for $529.99.

Good luck!
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by dimensiondvdrob View Post
    I believe you can open the same or similar docs on the Pearl out-of-the-box, although I can't remember from when I had a Pearl. All I can say is if you have a Pearl, email yourself some docs and see if you can view them.
    Yes? And will it do TomTom and DA?
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Yes? And will it do TomTom and DA?
    I don't know about TOMTOM, but there is an app called Beyond 411 (http://www.thebogles.com/blog/projects/berry411/) that I hear does better than DA and it's also free.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    I don't know about TOMTOM, but there is an app called Beyond 411 (http://www.thebogles.com/blog/projects/berry411/) that I hear does better than DA and it's also free.
    Perhaps. However, I could find no reference to DA in the cited page. That makes it hearsay of non-expert opinion. Really cheap around here.
    I have been using the Pearl for about 3 months now and I'm very happy. I loved my 650 and although the 680 was more stable there were certain things that annoyed me, especially the battery life.

I thought I would miss all the software I had on the Treo but it turns out that most of it wasn't needed at all and in reality was just clutter.

It opens Office Documents without any problems.

The most significant thing I've noticed is that I'm not constantly looking for the next new device. I still like to know what's on the horizon but I'm quite happy with the device I have which is a first for me.

I really like the look of the Curve but I think I would miss the Pearl's smaller size and believe it or not even it's Suretype keypad.
    Quote Originally Posted by heterodoxos View Post
    I have been using the Pearl for about 3 months now and I'm very happy. I loved my 650 and although the 680 was more stable there were certain things that annoyed me, especially the battery life.

I thought I would miss all the software I had on the Treo but it turns out that most of it wasn't needed at all and in reality was just clutter.

It opens Office Documents without any problems.

The most significant thing I've noticed is that I'm not constantly looking for the next new device. I still like to know what's on the horizon but I'm quite happy with the device I have which is a first for me.

I really like the look of the Curve but I think I would miss the Pearl's smaller size and believe it or not even it's Suretype keypad.

You know what, heterodoxos, I feel EXACTLY the same way about my Curve as you do about your Pearl. My annoyances with the Treo was the BT implementation was not implemented very well and my Curve JUST WORKS. This is why I feel I won't be looking for a quick replacement when I have used my Curve for 3 months as you with your Pearl. The BB just works; this is what a device should do.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    I'm with both of you, BB works without much hassle!

I'm nuts, I'm getting a Curve anyway. I LOVE my QWERTY(text geek here)!

However, they didn't even have any to look at down at my local ATT store today.

But the Pearl is perfect for purse, pocket, etc.

You know what, heterodoxos, I feel EXACTLY the same way about my Curve as you do about your Pearl. My annoyances with the Treo was the BT implementation was not implemented very well and my Curve JUST WORKS. This is why I feel I won't be looking for a quick replacement when I have used my Curve for 3 months as you with your Pearl. The BB just works; this is what a device should do.
    Some people just have no loyalty.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast