1.    #1  
    Check this
    blackberrycurve.com
    Hardly... looks like a Treo wannabe.
    Ha!!! Highly Unlikely, You Know How Many Phones Have Tried To Be The Treo Killer, And Like Always Have Failed.
    This might seem a stupid question but what OS do Blackberrys run ? I'm after changing my 750 ( due to the Bluetooth problems ) and like the look of some of the blackberry devices but have no idea what software they run

Thanks

Si
    A2DP, "a true 3.5mm headphone jack", wma, wmv, 2MP camera..

um woah! Seriously, if there was a sling client for BB I think i would like this.

Edit: No 3G...perhaps it's not BB time yet
    Last edited by g-funkster; 05/03/2007 at 07:26 AM.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    This is truly the 750's competition:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1134535
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post

Interesting... does it have a touch-screen? But really, it lacks the pizazz of a Treo.

- mvk

Wow I take back what I said, that could just be the killer right there. Who will carry it, and when will it be out?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Interesting... does it have a touch-screen? But really, it lacks the pizazz of a Treo.

- mvk
    It's a full WM6 Professional (aka touch screen) device.

It lacks the pizazz of a Treo? Are u kidding me? It's everything the Treo wanted to have and more.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    It lacks the pizazz of a Treo?
    I was referring more to the phone's physical attributes than to its specifications (which I agree is what is/was required in current generation Treo's). You'll agree, it looks quiet dumb. Its one failing... no GPS.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlavastida View Post
    Check this
    blackberrycurve.com
    I hate web sites that insist on playing Euro music in the background. Even if I can turn it off I think it's poor design to play it by default.

There, I feel better...
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot View Post
    I hate web sites that insist on playing Euro music in the background. Even if I can turn it off I think it's poor design to play it by default.

There, I feel better...
    hmm.. the background music of blackberrycurve.com is off by default...
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    I saw nothing indicating a touch sensitive screen. Ben
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    According to the Expansys website, it comes with a stylus - so it's safe to assume it has a touch screen. It is projected to be available in the UK on June 20...

http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=147071
    Former long term user of the Treo line, then on to the HTC 8125/8525. Now I have graduated to the iPhone. For the first time since getting my first Treo 600, I am not constantly scanning the web looking for a better converged device.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigladUK View Post
    This might seem a stupid question but what OS do Blackberrys run ? I'm after changing my 750 ( due to the Bluetooth problems ) and like the look of some of the blackberry devices but have no idea what software they run

Thanks

Si
    The Blackberry Curve and all Blackberry devices run the Blackberry OS created by RIM. RIM is like Apple where the software and hardware is tightly integrated, which ensures more stability and for corporate uses, this means the device always works. The Treo runs WM which means it is more robust and has more applications available to it, but sacrifices stability as different applications may interact differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdelauz02 View Post
    Ha!!! Highly Unlikely, You Know How Many Phones Have Tried To Be The Treo Killer, And Like Always Have Failed.
    Actually, the Treo was created as a "Blackberry killer."
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    A2DP, "a true 3.5mm headphone jack", wma, wmv, 2MP camera..

um woah! Seriously, if there was a sling client for BB I think i would like this.

Edit: No 3G...perhaps it's not BB time yet
    As a Treo 750 and BB 8800 user right now, I am impressed by the Blackberry's ease of use and simplicity. Love my Treo's robustness and plethora of applications, including Sling.
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanvision View Post
    Actually, the Treo was created as a "Blackberry killer."
    I probably see 10 times as many corporate people carrying BBs than Treos, but I think Treos can be credited with forcing BB as well as other manufacturers to recognize the importance of the convergence device. I remember the not too distant past when BBs were just mobile e-mail/paging devices.

Both deserve credit for reshaping the landscape of the mobile phone industry. As far as I'm concerned, I could care less who tops whom as long as the competition forces them to keep innovating.