1.    #1  
    I agree and understand everyones pain with all the problematic 700p threads and also support the fighting struggle from select members with Palm. I myself am looking for alternatives...these alternatives in another device may fit for me the way I use my device if Palm doesn't deliver in my personal time limit I have allowed for them to meet their loyal customers ever yerning standard in functionality and performance. All in all, my answer will be to leave Palm and BB is looking attractive.

Sprints World Edition BB 8830
    at&t iPhone3G
    The concept of the 8830 is really appealing. It would allow me to cancel my GSM account and fully exploit my SERO account, right? But it remains to be seen how the thing feels and works. And I dread the concept of installing a BES at my company. Still....
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Yes, the 8830 looks great! This is probably the only thing that could tempt me to stay with Sprint right now. Any word on a release date?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    The concept of the 8830 is really appealing. It would allow me to cancel my GSM account and fully exploit my SERO account, right? But it remains to be seen how the thing feels and works. And I dread the concept of installing a BES at my company. Still....
    How it feels and works is just what I am waiting for, and it will come sooner than my time table I gave Palm

Quote Originally Posted by eodell View Post
    Yes, the 8830 looks great! This is probably the only thing that could tempt me to stay with Sprint right now. Any word on a release date?
    Early July...I have read a possible July 14.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    i use the 8800 which is the same unit extnernally

the form factor is excellent, however, i am a litttle shocked the verizon and sprint took out the GPS chip and the faster processor out of it for their version

the 8800 is very fast and the gps feature is excellent
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepik View Post
    i use the 8800 which is the same unit extnernally

the form factor is excellent, however, i am a litttle shocked the verizon and sprint took out the GPS chip and the faster processor out of it for their version

the 8800 is very fast and the gps feature is excellent
    I am pretty sure its the same with Verizon but if you read completely thru the link, Sprint didn't remove the GPS chip (i.e. Sprints 8830 has GPS capablility). I haven't seen any specs relating to its processor yet. I don't think the link specs are correct as to the processor nomenclature.
    at&t iPhone3G
    You still have to pay roaming with this right, when out of the US since it's locked?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    You still have to pay roaming with this right, when out of the US since it's locked?
    Unlocked SIM Card: International travelers, including enterprise customers with significant employee groups working abroad, will find additional value with the BlackBerry® 8830 World Edition powered by Sprint because the SIM is unlocked and will accept an in-market international carrier's SIM for voice services.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I read the only difference to the sprint model is the fact that Bluetooth is limited.
    WOW. This just entered the race against the HTC Libra as my 700p replacement. CDMA and GSM has some real appeal...
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    This is a great-looking device.
    The only slight setbacks are the moderate stepdown in screen resolution, and the lack of camera. Otherwise, this would be a terrific switch for me.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Is the card capacity a typo? "Cards up to 128MB supported"...

EDIT: Apparently it was; http://www.sprintenterprise.com/8830/
    Last edited by airjoe; 05/01/2007 at 08:15 AM.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    This is a great-looking device.
    The only slight setbacks are the moderate stepdown in screen resolution, and the lack of camera. Otherwise, this would be a terrific switch for me.

I totally agree...I am mostly worried about the lack of camera. Even though the Treo has a crappy camera...it does well vs. not having one at all plus I like making little vids of the fam when out.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I've never really looked at BlackBerrys in the past, so pardon what may be an ignorant question: can you get push email (IMAP) without forwarding or redirecting - like Chatter, latest Versamail, WM5, etc? From browsing the various BB sites since I found out about the Sprint 8830, it would appear that is not possible - push is only available by using the BB server or BB email.

Could someone clarify for me? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by airjoe View Post
    I've never really looked at BlackBerrys in the past, so pardon what may be an ignorant question: can you get push email (IMAP) without forwarding or redirecting - like Chatter, latest Versamail, WM5, etc? From browsing the various BB sites since I found out about the Sprint 8830, it would appear that is not possible - push is only available by using the BB server or BB email.

I am relatively ignorant to BBs as well, but I think you can do that. I think it can work by configuring your email through the providers BIS website. you put your gmail info on their an it instantly gets pushed to your BB...atleast I think thats how it works...
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by airjoe View Post

You could use Vision or BB email but BB email isn't so nice on the pockets as Vision.
    at&t iPhone3G