Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Thinking about picking one of these up as a Treo 680 back up or maybe the other way around anyone have one yet?
    I'm pretty sure it's not released yet. You can get can get an email alert when it is if you sign up here:

http://www.nokiaforbusiness.com/emea...p_E61i_en.html

Looks great, but not enough of an upgrade for me swap my E61 for it.
    What is the difference between the E61 and the E61i?
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
  4.    #4  
    The E61i has a camera/ different casing and the updated OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    The E61i has a camera/ different casing and the updated OS.
    Thanks! Sounds nice! One of the things that I didn't like about the E61 was a lack of camera. I'll have to get my hands on one of these.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Page linked above seems to have been removed. Not sure what this means with respect to E61i release.
    just picked up my brand new E61i!!
    this is one sweet device! wow
    the quality is amazing! it's like a tank. though extremely pocketable

the screen seems even better than my previous E61, the keyboard is the best I have ever used... wow

ill post some pics later
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    just picked up my brand new E61i!!
    this is one sweet device! wow
    the quality is amazing! it's like a tank. though extremely pocketable

the screen seems even better than my previous E61, the keyboard is the best I have ever used... wow

ill post some pics later
    Cool. Any other differences you've noticed? How is the d-pad and the new button layout? Any differences in speed? Also could you have a look and see which version of Quick Office it ships with. Thanks!
  11.    #11  
    Yeah post pics quick. So u like the keyboard better than the Treos?! Have u used the E61 at all, do u like the keyboard better than that?

A brief review would be great.
    thx
    This is an awsome device!
    sooooo solid, makes the Blackberry devices look and feel like toys!
    Camera is stellar! great pics
    The speed of this OS is very fast! I did have the E61 and this is faster

I know that Cingular has an E62.. alot of people claimed the E62 has problems, slow OS, no wifi etc..

Let me tell you.. The E61i is a clear winner over my Treo 680, BB 8800. and my Blackjack (yes I have them all)

The BB connect.... its as good as a Blackberry no question... only better! It handles Email with a bigger screen, and more options.

My device cam with QuickOffice for edditing Word Docs and Excel... awsome!
    I upgraded already to V 4.x of QuickOfffice... lets see a Blackberry edit and send Word or Excel Docs right from the device!!!

the keyboard is A1 best in class In my opinion.

I use Bluetooth with my Nokia 800, and the voice Command control via BT is 100 percent dead accurate! and hey ..it actually works!! wow.. lets see a Treo do this!

The screen is awsome, tons of real estate.

my only two gripes

Outlook syncing still doesnt sync categories with Symbian... why??? I have no idea.. C'mon Symbian!!

Second, The 3G support with Cigular is crippled with this phone because of the frequency of the chipset in the Nokia.

Maybe Cing will add this to their network in the future? (doubt it),
    but the Edge works remarkablly fast.
    I did a web page load test with the 3G enabled Blackjack and the Nokia E61i.

The speed was negligable. The Blackjack loaded in 1 sec faster than the E61i, but the screen on the E61i is much bigger.
    Th navigation of the web pages in the E61i is so trick!! It has a scrolling arow like a mouse, works brillaintly!! sooooo much better than WM5.

The Wifi,.. did I tell you the Wifi is the easiest to connect to.

One button click and poof wifi!! who needs 3G when wifi is available everywhere!!

The battery you ask??
    well I have surfed, added apps, phone calls, all day yesterday...the battery was 3/4 full last night

I havent gone through a full day but compared to my Treo680??? are you kidding?? my Treo would have lasted half the time or less.

applications loaded on the device were awsome,

Worldmate, Golf, Google Maps (free download), QuickOffice, Reuters news,sports..etc ( reallly nice)

It's an awsome device...

See ya Treo!!
    pics may come soon...
    Last edited by shawnfb; 04/19/2007 at 01:02 PM. Reason: add
    Thanks. That's exactly the sort of review I didn't need to read!

How is the d-pad compared to the other devices you have? It seems a bit odd with the thin outer ring. I'm guessing you think it's ok though

I'm mighty tempted...
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I bought an E61 in preference over a Treo 750. I like it a lot, but I'm tempted by an E61i.

shawnfb, where did you get it and how much did you pay?
    The BB connect.... its as good as a Blackberry no question... only better!
    You are out of your mind, if you actually believe that.
    out of my mind?? Mobilman........... your an ***** a real ***** do you own an E61i with Blackberry service??or are you talking out of your ***??

I have had three Blackberries. 8700, 8800 and a 7000 series,
    I now have the Blackberry BIS (Blackberry Internet service) with Cingular.

The setup is as simple as it gets just like a Blackberry.... Im not talking about PALM's here with BIS. I AM TALKING ABOUT NOKIA's E61i specifically..... HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!

My email accounts (4 of them) were registered in seconds after I sent the Pin and EMEI of the device.

My Email comes in EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!! I MEAN ex-fing-actly AS MY BLACKBERRIES DID. did I MAKE THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR THE MORON IN THE CORNER WHO CLAIMS I AM OUT OF MY MIND? EXACTLY... AS IT DID ON THE BLACKBERRY..

the difference is again (for the rude blind moron who can't think of any other way to gather his Email than a Blackberry)

sorry off track by this goof..

the difference is.. I can download, edit and send word docs and excel attachments from the device!!!

I can also option for just pop3 email ( in addition to the Blackberry server) may i add that this is great when the almighty BLACKBERRY SERVER is on the blink.. uhhhhmmm.. like two days ago!!!!

so you see the email client IS INDEED better than the Blackberry
    Has anyone installed GoodLink on an E61i and does it work?
    I tried the previous E61 and the email client could not be set to download the entire email messages. Can you do that with the E61i?
    yes I can get the entire message, or any part of it i like with the BIS server.

again, it works EXACTLY if not better than a Blackberry device I cannot make it any more clear than this.

its great.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    yes I can get the entire message, or any part of it i like with the BIS server.

again, it works EXACTLY if not better than a Blackberry device I cannot make it any more clear than this.

its great.
    I have never used Blackberry, but I'm considering it. When I had my previous E61 I used EAS and that did not have an option to download the entire message. I found that to be a pain in the ****.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast