1.    #1  
    How do you know if you have a Pocket PC or Windos phone? There is a PPC 6700 but it runs on windows. So what exactly is it? I am just asking so i'll know what apps to install. the ones that say PPC or the ones that say Windows 05?
    Prolly somewhere in Settings | About | System (that's where I went on my 700wx) you'll find the OS information.

Short answer: go PPC for your software.
    PPC phones/devices have touchscreens. Windows Smartphone does not support touchscreens.

Visually, the Start button is usually at the top of the screen with PPC devices and at the bottom of the screen on Windows Smartphone.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    It's both actually. Windows Mobile is the OS. Pocket PC is what the device is called if Windows Mobile is the OS. PPC 6700 has the Phone Edition of WM5. You will be able to install both WM5 apps and PPC apps, as long as the PPC app is listed as compatible with WM5.

I hope you understand that. It's a little confusing the way I said it.
    But if the app says PPC, just check to see if WM5 is on the list of compatibility.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Prolly somewhere in Settings | About | System (that's where I went on my 700wx) you'll find the OS information.

Short answer: go PPC for your software.
    Tasty...you got a new Treo eh?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Got me one of them thar 700wx thangs on the SERO plan from Sprint.

LOVE it. I take back everything bad I ever said about WM. Somehow the 700wx is miles better than the MDA and I promise never to buy a Smartphone again ever.

Of course I will buy the the next Palm flavored device that comes out. I am certain it is coming now that Marc Blank is working for Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Got me one of them thar 700wx thangs on the SERO plan from Sprint.

LOVE it. I take back everything bad I ever said about WM. Somehow the 700wx is miles better than the MDA and I promise never to buy a Smartphone again ever.

Of course I will buy the the next Palm flavored device that comes out. I am certain it is coming now that Marc Blank is working for Palm.
    The green one...
    at&t iPhone3G