View Poll Results: Why do you prefer or dislike a slideout?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • less big than a Treo, larger screen, and i don't mind the slidout

5 23.81%
  • prefer a larger keyboard regardless how frequently i type

0 0%
  • prefer a Treo as a slideout keyboard doesn't outweight the benefit of a larger screen

5 23.81%
  • slideouts no matter what they offer aren't for me

11 52.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    yeah as soon as these handhelds start adapting to 640x480 or 800x480 (new wm6 capability) these 2.8" such as the 6700 will be mightily acceptable! once I used the imate jasjar @ 640x480 (3.5" same size as 6600) and the dell axim I knew what my handheld was missing! better resolution would definitely put the icing on the cake, and as far a I'm concerned, the really isn't a stability issue anymore with these sliding keyboards, at least not from HTC or companies that model after HTC varients. and I REALLY do like this keyboard. but hobbes, I'm not sure I could go back to the 3.5" screen knowing how big the device was. remember, I held out on my 6601 until july (7 months ago) and you are the only one I know who still has one this 6700 is (believe it or not) the size of the jasjar's keyboard! when closed. crazy!
    IMO the large keyboard is more comfortable to type on. I also prefer a larger screen when dealing with WM. But I still prefer the vertical form factor more. So I'm usually using T9 keypads or onscreen QWERTY keyboards.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12