1.    #1  
    I just got my new HTC S620 today (though I have no manual for some reason!)

I am trying to switch on the WiFi....the FAQs from HTC say:

This can be done through the Wireless Connection Manager. Once WiFi is turned on, the device will search for a WiFi network. Just select the appropriate network (input the password/WEP key if necessary) and a connection will be established.
    I don't see any Wireless Connection Manager....from the Connections selection from the menu I can go to WLAN, but I still don't see any option to turn anything on.

Anyone with an S620 shed some light?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    i dont have a s620 but i'm going to guess here - press and HOLD the E / Internet explorer hard button for about 3 seconds - that should take you to the wireless connection manager by default on most of these wm5 devices... tell me if it works...
  3.    #3  
    Thanks sledgie....Pressing and holding the IE button didn't seem to do anything other than bring me to IE Mobile. From there I can go to MENU --> TOOLS --> OPTIONS --> CONNECTIONS and i can select from Secure WAP Network, WAP Network, Work, The Internet.....but still not seeing anywhere to actually turn ON the WiFi....
    http://www.europe.htc.com/z/pdf/guid...English_UM.pdf

To connect to an existing Wi-Fi network
    1. On the Home screen, click Start > Comm Manager.
    This opens the Comm Manager screen.
    2. Click the WLAN icon. The WLAN icon is then highlighted to indicate
    that WLAN is turned on.
    Note If a connection is not detected, continue with the following steps.
    3. Click Menu > WLAN Settings to open the WLAN Settings screen.
    4. Select Wi-Fi to view a list of active Wi-Fi networks.
    5. Select an active Wi-Fi network from the list.
    6. Click Connect to connect to the selected Wi-Fi network.
    You can also confi gure settings for connecting to a Wi-Fi network by
    clicking Menu > Edit. You can specify the network key and required
    information on the Wi-Fi Connections screen.
    7. Click Done on the Wi-Fi screen.
    Notes
    • Wi-Fi connects to the default network that is available on your phone.
    However, GPRS starts by default if your phone does not detect any Wi-Fi
    signal.
    • In Comm Manager, click Settings > WLAN Settings > Connection
    Status to check the current connection status and signal quality of each Wi-
    Fi channel.
    • Configure your phone so that the Wi-Fi function turns off automatically when
    no signal is detected to conserve battery power. In Comm Manager, click
    Setttings > WLAN Settings > Wi-Fi > Menu > Wi-Fi Settings.
    Page 86.

Surur
  5.    #5  
    Any ideas as to WHY the WLAN icon is not listed in my Communications Manager Screen?

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm supposed to see (via the manual). I only have 6 options and am missing the WLAN option....hmmmmm.....

**UPDATE**

When I go to WLAN Settings and then Connection Status it says DRIVER IS NOT LOADED.

That can't be good. Any idea where I could download drivers for this? I'm not seeing it on the HTC site....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OpenIntro; 02/17/2007 at 11:12 AM.
    Sounds as if your phone is defective. Give it a hard reset (after backing up your stuff of course) and try again. If its not fixed return it.

Surur
  7.    #7  
    I bought it on eBay....

When I power it on, it says IU BUILD TEST

I called the seller to ask what that was and he said it was a prototype that he received prior to it being released. Issue? Non-issue? Everything else seems to be working fine....as long as I can get the WiFi drivers working, I'll be happy.

Any idea how to hard reset this phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro View Post
    I bought it on eBay....

When I power it on, it says IU BUILD TEST

I called the seller to ask what that was and he said it was a prototype that he received prior to it being released. Issue? Non-issue? Everything else seems to be working fine....as long as I can get the WiFi drivers working, I'll be happy.
    It sounds as if you have an early pre-release ROM then. Maybe if you are able to install the final ROM your WIFI will be enabled. It doesn't sound as if a hard reset will be very useful. If you still want to do it however...

Resetting your phone will remove all the data from its memory which
    include contacts, tasks, calendar appointments, and more, and restore the
    phone back to the factory default settings.
    WARNING! All your data will be deleted, it is recommended that you back up your
    data first before resetting your phone.
    To reset your phone
    1. Click Start > Expert > Clear Storage.
    2. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset the phone.
    The phone will restart after it has been reset.
    You can download a ROM from here (XDA-developers). You better hurry, as they are pulling all the ROM's by next week. (BTW, do this at your own risk)
    Surur
    Last edited by surur; 02/17/2007 at 01:42 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Any idea which one I should get?

RUU_Excalibur_HTC_WWE_1.11.405.4_4.1.13.28_02.63.90_Ship.exe

I should note....on the about screen of my phone, the radio version is listed as: 4.1.13.31_02.71.90
    Last edited by OpenIntro; 02/17/2007 at 02:52 PM.
    Yes, thats the one I would go for.

Looks like your radio ROM is a later build than the one that is shipping. You may want to post in the XDA-developers Excalibur forum, as they may want a peek at your set-up and a copy of your test radio ROM. They like to collect stuff like that

Surur