1.    #1  

Take WM6 Professional, add a front facing keyboard, landscape screen (or is it square?), WIFI G, Bluetooth 2, UMTS/HSDPA, GPS, digital TV and radio, 520 MHz processor, 2 megapixel camera plus VGA video conferencing camera, scroll wheel, slim form factor and what do you get? Gigabyte gSmart q60 - new king of the hill?

What more could one ask for? More pictures here.
    http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3634

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 02/14/2007 at 09:29 AM.
    The specs are very impressive, but is that a pull out antenna? I haven't had one of those since I played with RC cars as a kid. If its metal, I see many of them getting bent/broken.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Is that an antenna?
  4.    #4  
    Yup, pretty long antenna, but at least its telescopic, and going down completely into the body of the device with a flap over it. The big problem with the other gSmart TV phones was using the headphones as the antenna, which would mean you have to carry the headphones all over the place, and reception was always a problem. At least this solution is neater, more practical, and should get better reception, which elevates the digital TV and Radio above mere gimmicks.

Surur
    That antenna is funny.

But the King of new PDA phone is Toshiba G900.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    That antenna is funny.

But the Toshiba has neither Digital TV or GPS. It has a lovely very high res screen, biometric scanner/scroll wheel and USB host, but this device is probably more pocket-able and the features more immediately useful (except for web browsing on the small screen) not to mention the benefit of an always exposed keyboard for navigation and dialing (vs however the slower text input on the smaller keys).

Its obviously a balance, but I suspect current Treo users would like this device better.

Surur
    Does digital TV works in the US?

BTW watching TV in such a small screen is so useless, just like my Treo.
    If it is DMBTV then no it does not work in North America. ATM it only works in Korea, Japan and I think it is slowly catching on in Europe. If is DMBTV, there is also something that should come with it called DMB Radio or at least that what my A2 came with a device that has dmb support.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Its obviously a balance, but I suspect current Treo users would like this device better.
    Surur
    I think it's definately great in terms of its specs but that antenna! in all seriousness, I agree with your statement but I don't agree with the outcome. Treo users will say that it's too small or not large enough in hand. That coupled with the "keys are too small" or something to that respect.

Time will tell as i like to say.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    You only extend the antenna for TV and radio? Because otherwise it could break off in normal use.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11.    #11  
    I'm sure its just for TV and radio. Its a bit too 80% for the phone part

Surur
    I'm sure its just for TV and radio. Its a bit too 80% for the phone part

Surur
    80% dont you mean 80's?
  13.    #13  
    Oops, yes, too 80's. I have no idea how that became 80%

Surur
    gSmart q60 - WM phone which (nearly) has it all........What more could one ask for?
    Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    That antenna is funny.

If it is not CDMA, I don't want to know about it.....I hate knowing what I am missing!!!!!!!!!
    My new PDA phone king is the upcoming HTC Kaiser. It doesn't have digital radio or TV, but Slingbox and internet radio will do me just fine.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post

According to that link
    WLAN = NO
    That HAS to be wrong...
    Also, no mention of GPS...
    Former long term user of the Treo line, then on to the HTC 8125/8525. Now I have graduated to the iPhone. For the first time since getting my first Treo 600, I am not constantly scanning the web looking for a better converged device.
  17.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman View Post
    According to that link
    WLAN = NO
    That HAS to be wrong...
    Also, no mention of GPS...
    http://www.gigabytecm.com/eng/gbc_ne...&tabIndex=%200

Their press release says its optional, presumably dependent on carrier configuration.

Surur