Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    can you tell us if the threaded sms works on this phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    can you tell us if the threaded sms works on this phone?
    The Palm threaded messaging apps works as well. It's one of the apps I loaded when I received the s710.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire View Post
    The Palm threaded messaging apps works as well. It's one of the apps I loaded when I received the s710.
    does it work well? I read some where having issues installing it on their non-touch screen phones. And can you show us a sample of the quality of pics the camera takes? Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    does it work well? I read some where having issues installing it on their non-touch screen phones. And can you show us a sample of the quality of pics the camera takes? Thank you.
    The Palm Messaging app works ok. There is some instances where a touchscreen would be good, but that because it was made for a touchscreen. I will take a few pictures at the Cubs game today and post. I haven't seen the pictures on a computer yet, so I can't judge just yet.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    How is the QWERTY KB? I read the keys were a little small. I'm a previous Treo user also (now using a Q) so could you use that as a comparison?

How about weight and thickness compared to the Treo? Is it small enough to carry in your pants pocket?

Have you tried pairing the Vox to any BT devices yet?

Thx!
    yeah i would really like to see some thickness comparison shots if possible!

As for Palm's threaded SMS: word from the Dash WM6 camp says the text is really really small. Another problem is that there's no way to go back to the main view without closing the program entirely (because it requires the PPC 'OK' button to go back). Is this what you're seeing on the Vox?
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    I'm a proud new owner of an HTC Vox (Orange SPV E650). Its a lovely device. The keys are quite small however. This is my first WM Smartphone, and its rather heavy going for me (a lot to unlearn), but I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

Surur
    ooh nice post thickness pictures plz! Feel free to PM me if you need any smartphone help, it's a little tough getting used to coming from PPC, but some very small compromises are definitely worth it for these deliciously sweet form factors.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post

As for Palm's threaded SMS: word from the Dash WM6 camp says the text is really really small. Another problem is that there's no way to go back to the main view without closing the program entirely (because it requires the PPC 'OK' button to go back). Is this what you're seeing on the Vox?
    would like to know about this SMS issue as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post

All true. The Palm Messaging app is obviously not made for a non-touch screens. It works, just not as intuitive as it does on the Treo's.

Make sure to check out other experiences running the Palm threaded app running on other devices. I see you posted here as well. Others might find this helpful.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...palm+messaging

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2007/03/pa...orks-on-t.html
    Last edited by brmcguire; 05/07/2007 at 11:16 AM.
    Brian McGuire
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I'm a proud new owner of an HTC Vox (Orange SPV E650). Its a lovely device. The keys are quite small however. This is my first WM Smartphone, and its rather heavy going for me (a lot to unlearn), but I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

Surur
    I agree about the keys being small. I have a harder time with the layout. I changed my keyboard input from XT9 to the standard typing (ABC) mode.
    Brian McGuire
    I've had my Vox for a week and really like it. I'm thinking of selling it since I just upgraded to WM6 on my Dash. The Vox is very cool, I'll have to try installing the Palm messaging app on it. I was wondering how it would work with the screen orientation of the Vox since you can use it candy bar style or slide the keyboard out. Any issues?

I used the Palm messaging app on my Dash with WM5 and WM6, it's true that the font is tiny on WM6. I use task manager to back out, it's not the best solution but it does work.

Now I'm going to have to install it on my Vox
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 05/07/2007 at 11:51 AM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Just installed it. It works fine in both orientations of the screen, best of all the font size is the normal size. When I had it installed on my Dash with WM6 Beta it rendered the font to be tiny. On the Vox the font is normal size I'll take some screen shots.
    Jimmie Geddes
    can you also take sample shots from the camera please? And is backing out the same way as it is on your Dash?
    Here ya go:

Backing out is the same way I do it on the Dash.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 05/07/2007 at 02:23 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    There is a short blog on the HTC VOX S710 over at Pocketnow.com. General feedback on the device.

http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=por...t=news&id=4193
    Last edited by brmcguire; 05/07/2007 at 02:16 PM.
    Brian McGuire
    ooo...I'm jealous of you Vox owners!

We so need a CDMA/EvDO RevA version but alas I haven't heard jack for Sprint.

Keep the interesting reviews coming!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    One thing of note is that the bluetooth is very strong. I have not managed to make A2DP skip at all, whereas with my Universal you only had to touch the phone for that to happen. I am missing the full power WM however, especially for text entry.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    One thing of note is that the bluetooth is very strong. I have not managed to make A2DP skip at all, whereas with my Universal you only had to touch the phone for that to happen. I am missing the full power WM however, especially for text entry.

Surur
    Yeah the Smartphone OS is in many ways, very different from the PPC version. OTOH, it does what it does very well. In general I've noticed a lot less bugs, hiccups or or little quirkcs on my Moto Q (which only runs AKU 2.4) than the PPC OS and I've come to really like a lot of it, much to my surprise.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I agree with seeing less bugs and performance quirks then I saw with the pocketpc versions. I am personally finding the Smartphone OS to be more enjoyable then ever before. I have had a few devices now running it and now with the S710 running WM6. It will be interesting to see how much the iPhone changes that. From what I have seen, Apple has taken the simplicity that we all saw in the PalmOS (and the BB to some degree) and amplified it in the iPhone. I guess we will see how that works out.

I am also seeing strong Bluetooth performance as noted by Surur.
    Brian McGuire
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast