1.    #1  
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...ackberry-8800/

Looks like the big brother of the 8100/Pearl but includes WIFI and a Qwerty keyboard. Doesn't look like it has a camera either. Sounds like the Cingular version will not have WIFI as an option. I bet money that the T-Mobile version will. Par for the course with there current device lineup. The pictured 8800 has the same color scheme as the T-Mobile Peal version as well. I woulds expect that T-Mobile will get the one pictured first.
    Last edited by brmcguire; 02/07/2007 at 07:23 PM.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Nice!!

Typical ATT though, remove features so we have to pay for ONLY their services.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    verizon needs to come out with this one. i would switch from my 7130e asap.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    This is a gorgeous device! I looked at the blackjack over the weekend and this one is every bit as appealing. very nice design. I'm waiting for sprint to carry this baby.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Nice!!

Typical ATT though, remove features so we have to pay for ONLY their services.
    They just create incentive not to purchase through them. Just wait for the fully-featured unlocked version.
    once again, they nail it.......x-small and small....love the concept...love the design

well done
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Looks nice. I might go to this to hold me over until the iPhone comes out.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  8.    #8  
    Now that they have announced the 8800, I might have to try it. I don't expect anything really new as I have owned Blackberrys before (8700c, Pearl), but its pretty slick looking. I also read that they have slightly improved the browser. I really believe BB have the best screens. They work so well outdoors. I love the auto-lighting sensor on the screens.

I also think this will be the one that ties me over until the iPhone is released.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    I'm going to wait for the 8900. I'll be waiting a long time since it won't be until later this year. But the 8900 will be 3G, a new UI, and all kinds of fun new stuff. Right now I'm using the 8700c and I just don't see what I'd get out of the 8800.

Well considering my other/primary phone is a Treo 750 that is. I guess if I had the 8700c only I'd consider the upgrade.

iPhone? Really? Isn't that a step down from the 8800 and WM phones?
    Curious what kind of details we'll see about that iPhone as it gets closer to coming out. If I can get one at a decent price I just might...just to check it out. But I remain skeptical that the iPhone will be "better" that what I already have... well except for watching videos... the iPhone will certainly rock.

PS. Brian, I plagiarized you sig. Slick, I like it.
    Last edited by taylorh; 02/13/2007 at 07:11 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    and sure enough blackberry users at my place of work are already putting their orders in.

two in a row for RIM
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I will certainly be getting one. I have enjoyed using prior Blackberries but navigation was the biggest difficulty. Mainly in the Calendar but other applications were annoying to use as well. Using the Pearl with the roller ball made things much easier than those silly scroll wheels so I am looking forward to the 8800.
    My Vodafone UK 8800 arrived yesterday. It's wider than my Treo 680 and although it does look nice I'm not really taken with it yet. The keyboard doesn't seem quite as good as the 8700 or indeed the Treo but I'm sure it's something you would get used to.

I was a big fan of the Pearl and the trackball on the 8800 doesn't disappoint. I haven't been able to test the GPS out. Other than that it standard Blackberry stuff not that I was expecting anything different. I'm sure it will do really well but I still have a soft spot for the Pearl when it comes to Blackberries.....
  14.    #14  
    I am digging the 8800 so far. I like the form factor. It reminds me of the Q/Q9. It's pretty slick looking. I liked the trackball on my Pearl and as well on the 8800. Its a good navigation option. I also like the GPS option. I have road tested it a few times and it seems to work well. I personally have not had issues with it. There is a free app that leverages the internal GPS called InfoSpace Find It!. You can grab it from here on your BB: http://bb.infospace.com/bbf

What I like the most about recent BB's is the auto-sensing screens. They work so well outdoors.
    Brian McGuire
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Tried one out today. Its exactly the same as my pearl except will a full keyboard. Blackberries do most things very well, but I dislike the featureless calendar, and the UI needs a major refresh. For BB lovers, this won't disappoint.
    Its a nice device for being a BB. Its actually better than the Pearl IMO. The keyboard is just great, but it is weighted weirly compared to other BBs. The thinness works in its favor.

Software wise, nice features horrible UI. As TomUps said, for BB lovers this will be a good device, and will make it "fashionable" to do email by traditional BBers.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I own this device, from Cingular. Have been three years with Treos, 600 and then 650. This BB 8800 beats them all. It is just superb.

I thought I'd miss the touch screen, but I absolutely do not.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Woah is this Mike Margolis from timezone?

I just picked this up and like it a lot. I had a 700w and loved a lot of things about it more than the 8800c but it crashed/froze up way too much and it was more important to have a smartphone that works all the time.