1.    #1  
    Does anyone have a blackberry? I heard they are awesome for being in touch with emails anywhere wireless. Anyone have any feedback on it?
    with goamerica service email,web browseing ,pop3 email all in a pager I love it!!! never used blackberry version but its just email only same as the aol version.. go with rimm and goamerica combo. they also have the minstrel s for visors but its not as cool as the rimm IMO

Dan
  3.    #3  
    Dan
    Isnt the RIMM that same as Blackberry? So you have the Rimm?
    Do you have it set up so you receive emails on your desktop at the same time you receive it on your Rimm? Do your rimm loss storage capacity from too many emails?

Thanks Dan
    I have a RIM 957 Blackberry as well as the Visor. The 957 is awesome at e-mail but the PDA functions kinda blow. As such I use both. I found that I can type out longer messages faster on the thumb keyboard than with Palm Grafitti though. The other way to go is to get a Glenayre two way module for the Visor which then gives it the same Blackberry ability. Unfortunately, it also makes it kinda huge.
    Mark Cambie
  5.    #5  
    Mark,
    Doe the Glenayre two way module really make the Visor as reliable as the RIMM??? Please can you please give me more info!
    Originally posted by Mark Cambie
    I have a RIM 957 Blackberry as well as the Visor. The 957 is awesome at e-mail but the PDA functions kinda blow. As such I use both. I found that I can type out longer messages faster on the thumb keyboard than with Palm Grafitti though. The other way to go is to get a Glenayre two way module for the Visor which then gives it the same Blackberry ability. Unfortunately, it also makes it kinda huge.
    How about a Yada Yada or OmniSky for the Visor? Wouldn't this be both better & cheaper, or no?
    "Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds." -- Albert Einstein
    The Minstrel is not really comparable to the RIM/Blackberry. The Blackberry is "always on" and works off a pager network - much better and more reliable reception if you are in a coverage area. I don't have one (yet), but several of my collegues do, and it seems much more "robust" than my Minstrel.

On the other hand, they can't surf the web in color the way I can with my Prism/Minstrel combo.
    I enjoy full web access with Blazer and my cell phone personally.. although I hear the Blackberry is quite cool. For $30 a phone cable is the key.

Gotta love .pqa's!
    I haven't tested the Pagenet/Glenayre/Visor solution myself yet as I'm still in a contract on my Blackberry service. According to the reps...take that with the usual grain of salt....it's even more reliable because it is on the Reflex 25 network (as opposed to Mobitex for Blackberry) which has more coverage in Canada.
    Mark Cambie
  10.    #10  
    I like the idea of the Blackberry because it is always on -- meaning no dial ups etc. I have my Visor and Laptop but it is quite a pain when traveling to have to do the dial in thing

Thanks for all the feedback
    I can live with huge, so that aspect of the ActiveLink dosen't bug me (hey that pc card sleve isn't small but it sure is sweet.) My only real gripe with that module is that there isn't an unlimited charcter amount, which is like a big requirement for any wireless service that I get. I know that RIM makes it's modem avialbe to OEMs, so I think it's possible that we could see one of thoes modems inside of a handspring, and Persoanly I'm looking forward to one of thoes inside of a PC card or CF card so I can use it with my PPC....

sam
    Sam Kleinman

PocketPCThoughts.com
    CollectiveArts
    Free-ePress
    Musings of a Teal Artist
    CollectiveArts TechMusings

"Everybody don't like something and we all don't like you." -- Richard Thompson, Hard Luck Stories