Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Dataviz has announced Documents to Go for Windows Smartphones. This package includes Word to Go, Sheet (Excel) to Go, Slideshow (PowerPoint) to Go, PDF to Go (Adobe Reader), and Zip (Winzip) to Go. There is a free preview version available at the link.

This pretty much allows the Smartphone platform to do most of what the "full" Pocket PC offers. I do wish it was standard equipment, but I suspect it will be in the future.
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Hmm actually a real system clipboard and it pretty much completes the picture for me. And no one mention that fake third party crap!

Will crossbow smartphone include that? I know it's coming with the Office stuff already.
    Well that's good news! So I can get the Blackjack now?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I thought the Q et al. already had built in MS word, powerpoint and excel, rendering this product redundant?
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    I thought the Q et al. already had built in MS word, powerpoint and excel, rendering this product redundant?
    I think they can read only. D2G will provide editing, but MS's upcoming version of smartphone will allow that too, thus actually making this product somewhat redundant.

I say somewhat because it's widely held that the D2G doc editors & readers are better than the ones Microsoft provides on their WM devices. So Docs may still have an audience in clients who demand more quality in this regard.
    Why is Docs2Go the last argument against Smartphones?

For me the lack of ChatterEmail is a deal killer
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    ChatterEmail has a MS Smartphone equivalent: Exchange Push.

Document editing did not have a MS Smartphone equivalent until now.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I didn't know about Exchange Push - does it with non-exchange email?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen View Post
    Yeah - for me (small business, non-Exchange), I need mail fast and synched and Chattermail with IMAP seems to do this nicely. My understanding is that WM5 supports IMAP, but uses polling every 15 min (as the most frequent setting) as opposed to IMAP "push". That's the one thing holding me back right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen View Post
    Both Verizon and Sprint offer push email solutions as a basic part of their Moto Q plans.
    That's interesting... Is the 'push' offered by Sprint the kind where you just get notified that you have 3 messages (which you then have to manually pull) or 'blackberry-like' push where the message actually arrives at the device?
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I forward my GMail, Yahoo, and Roadrunner accounts to my free exchange server (mail2web) which inturn pushes the mail to me as it arrives. No polling necessary.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Slick! Does mail2web also allow you to sync the calendar (with the free version, that is)?
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    yes

Meh, let me know when it has a SD slot.
    Doesn't it have a mini- SD slot?
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209 View Post
    Doesn't it have a mini- SD slot?
    Can you put 8GB in a mini-SD?

Smartphones are BMW with 13 inch steel wheels, with no way to upgrade.
    Good point. I'm still trying to decide whether/not to dump a 700p for something smaller/lighter and I've never actually filled my 4GB SD card. 2GB would likely be enough for me.
    At the very least we know the Q can handle 4GB miniSD cards, so maybe other miniSD smartphones can handle it too. I'm using a 1gb at the moment (cuz my Q came with it).

This one is verified to work: 4gb card linker
    Here are the instructions on how to get it going: quserslinky
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Can you put 8GB in a mini-SD?

Smartphones are BMW with 13 inch steel wheels, with no way to upgrade.
    Why not just buy a Cray and be done with compromises.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast