Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53
  1.    #41  
    Josh - good review.

    g - nice!

    After almost a month of usage, I like it overall - its a keeper for me (and I have actually sold two others on it). I am getting an extended 2100 battery for it when Seidio has the Sprint cover. I think there are probably a few other little "quirks" with the Sprint version (like having to make a manual change so that a call will ring through data usage and my Speed Dial sometimes disappears), but I expect there will be a bug fix sometime soon. I love all of the things Josh said above. Good phone!
  2. #42  
    warms my heart to see so many embracing the less big and heavy technology....yes, there are other options besides a Treo
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
  3. #43  
    The Moto Q is a nice little unit. I miss the MUCH wider variety of no cost/low cost programs that are available on Palm OS, but it has been a fair trade off for the small size and relatively convenient operation. I thought I would miss having a touchscreen, but I have adjusted nicely.
  4. #44  
    Well - based on some of the comments here by long time Treo users who's opinions I've come to respect, I made the switch to a Sprint Q. So far, so good. It is - different - so it takes some getting used to, but I love the profiles (especially the automatic profile), the bluetooth, the screen, and of course, the size/weight. Now if they only had a forum as good as this one!
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    J"quirks" with the Sprint version (like having to make a manual change so that a call will ring through data usage
    Hmmm. Can you elaborate on this? I might be having the same issue...
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    warms my heart to see so many embracing the less big and heavy technology....yes, there are other options besides a Treo
    I tried out the Q today, but just like the Treo, the keys are toooooo small for someone with long nails.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209 View Post
    Hmmm. Can you elaborate on this? I might be having the same issue...
    If you are talking about the EVDO call/data glitch and you are on Sprint - you definitely have the problem. Dial ##33284#, press "B", press "G", change to "Off" and save. This allows calls to come in and interrupt data connections. However, it resets itself every time you turn the phone off. I set up this as a Contact and I dial it every time I do a reset.

    Lots of info at qusers.com.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    If you are talking about the EVDO call/data glitch and you are on Sprint - you definitely have the problem. Dial ##33284#, press "B", press "G", change to "Off" and save. This allows calls to come in and interrupt data connections. However, it resets itself every time you turn the phone off. I set up this as a Contact and I dial it every time I do a reset.

    Lots of info at qusers.com.
    Cool - thanks!
  9. #49  
    I made the switch, too, from my trusty 6700. So far, I really like the Sprint Q. I am, however, having some annoying lockup issues. Frequently, the Q just goes into a coma, and I have to pull the battery to reset (no reset button, WTF). Also, at least once a day, when I'm dialing a call it just won't go through. Just sits there trying to connect, never does. Only solution is to restart by hlding the power button. Annoying, you bet, but I'm confident Sprint/Moto will issue a fix, as I believe these issues are a widespread problem.

    Outside of the beta problems, I much prefer it over my 80's style 6700 (judging on size). I bought Agenda One, an essential smartphone organization app, IMO. Touchscreen? What touchscreen?
    Last edited by ericshmerick; 02/09/2007 at 09:55 PM.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    I bought Agenda One, an essential smartphone organization app, IMO. Touchscreen? What touchscreen?
    I got over the touchscreen pretty fast as well. With Agenda One, QCaps, SlingPlayer, and Facade loaded, this thing rocks!
  11. jstpa's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    ... I am, however, having some annoying lockup issues. Frequently, the Q just goes into a coma, and I have to pull the battery to reset (no reset button, WTF). Also, at least once a day, when I'm dialing a call it just won't go through. Just sits there trying to connect, never does. ....
    I had some similar problems. I took the unit back and got another that worked much better. Mine seemed to have universal problems with the radio - failure for calls to go through causing lockups, failure to connect to the internet, failure of push email. If I was you, I'd consider trying to get a replacement. My replacement works perfectly.
  12. #52  
    I picked up a Verizon Motorola Q yesterday. I don't see this as a long term solution for me since I REALLY want the iPhone. But I must say after a day it seems great. Bluetooth works perfectly with my car and with tethering to a MacBook Pro. Synching works great with Missing Sync, and voice seemed fine for the little I've tried it. Agenda One works better than on the 750v, on the 750v scrolling in the agenda view would keep going like the 750v couldn't keep up. Works fine on the Q. Unless something better gets announced at the big GSM conference tomorrow I'll be moving to the Q until the iPhone comes out. Don't see any of the bugs that are driving me crazy on the Treo 750v.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  13. #53  
    BTW - the Sprint colored extended battery door is now available...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions