1.    #1  
    Okay just when we thought we'd seen the last of "I didn't know you could do that with Palm OS X" the Samsung phone has been announced to be running Palm OS 3.5 with a soft graffiti area, meaning it acts like CE's and can be "minimized". It looks like it has a "phone mode" which gets rid of the grafitti area and creates a large dial pad. I imagine this dial-pad is simply a specialized Palm program so this is probably possible with other apps.

Okay so now we know that we can have: 320x320 color screen with a soft grafitti area. So now my dream Visor is one with the edge form factor, a 320x320 resolution daylgiht viewable screen, and integrated blue tooth.

With all these recent innovations on licensees part will someone remind me again why we're waiting for Palm OS 5? It seems that those ARM processors are turning out to be nothing but a marketing ploy & to say "Yeah we've got that too CE!"
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
  2. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Matthew Nichols
    Okay so now we know that we can have: 320x320 color screen with a soft grafitti area. So now my dream Visor is one with the edge form factor, a 320x320 resolution daylgiht viewable screen, and integrated blue tooth.
    Actually, if your dream Visor has both Clie2-style high-resolution AND a soft grafitti area, it would be 320x480, not 320x320 (the Samsung phone is 160x240 when you get rid of the grafitti area). Can you imagine how much nicer games, web surfing, e-books, photos, etc. would be at 320x480? I wonder if battery technology can keep up with it, though...seems like battery innovation is too slow to keep up with the faster processors that are needed to push out so many bits while still having a small form factor and good battery life. If only batteries were on Moore's Law, we'd be set!