1.    #1  
    The Moto has arrived at Sprint, Treo is still tops for me..Who will win the sales?
    http://www.mobiletechnews.com/info/2...04/144134.html
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Had a friend of mine on Verizon who got a Mot Q for -free-. I'd been talking to her about the treo. She liked the idea, but the Q was free.

Took her less than a week to trade the Q in for a Treo 700w. She LOVES the Treo...hates the Q

Apparently the Windows Mobile user experience on the Q is less satisfying than it is on the Treo 700w. She had UI usability issues with the Q that she just didn't have on the Treo. Guess palm really went the extra mile or something.
    I went from a Verizon 700p to a Moto Q. The Q is WAY more durable than the Treo. What you lose with the touchscreen on the Treo, you gain in terms of a bulletproof feel to the Q screen. The biggest change was, for me, going from the Palm OS to WM5. I really like the Q. I would say that for everything I prefer about a Treo, there is something I like better about the Q. Different strokes for different folks. Suffice it to say, a Treo user CAN live happily with a Moto Q, especially when it comes to call quality.
  4.    #4  
    I'm just surprised it has 6x Zoom with Flash & so thin...Palm needs to catch up. I love my 700p though....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas View Post
    I went from a Verizon 700p to a Moto Q. The Q is WAY more durable than the Treo. What you lose with the touchscreen on the Treo, you gain in terms of a bulletproof feel to the Q screen. The biggest change was, for me, going from the Palm OS to WM5. I really like the Q. I would say that for everything I prefer about a Treo, there is something I like better about the Q. Different strokes for different folks. Suffice it to say, a Treo user CAN live happily with a Moto Q, especially when it comes to call quality.
    Keefer -

How are you finding the battery life to be with the Q? I also have a 700P (sprint) and am looking for something a little lighter for travel...
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209 View Post
    Keefer -

How are you finding the battery life to be with the Q? I also have a 700P (sprint) and am looking for something a little lighter for travel...
    And Keefer - not to beat a dead horse, but I need a better PHONE than my 650 (which drops more calls than any phone I have had). Could you rate the phone quality of the Q and the 700 on a 1-10 scale? Thanks!
    as a past Q user i can honestly say that the Q had the best phone quality of any cell device i used in the past. seriously, it is that good. i can also say that being a past owner of the 700w and 700wx that both don't come close to the same type of phone quality as the Q. are they bad? of course not, just not nearly as good as the Q.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Boy - this is getting tough. I love my Treo 700P (minus the battery drains, resets, etc) but would love to get something smaller/lighter. The BB Pearl looks great, but no 3G. The Q looks like it might be a solution (although I've never been a fan of Windows mobile stuff)...
    The battery life on the Q is similar to the Treos, maybe a tad worse but not so I notice it. I use the hell out of my devices, so I always keep myself in position to charge or swap in a full battery. Suffice it to say, if you are use to dealing with a Treo 650 or 700 battery life, a Q wouldn't be a significant change.

Phone quality with the Q is simply outstanding - louder, clearer, better. I have a half hour commute between home and work. My Treo(s) could never hold a call the entire distance. Not a problem with the Q. Its just an all around better phone. I would rate the Verizon 700p as a 5 on signal and call quality (acceptable) and the Q as a solid 8 (Very Good). I haven't had a standard-issue, stand alone cell for years, so I can't rate the upper end of call and signal quality against something like a Razr which I should think would be outstanding.

There are things I miss about the Treo, and things I don't like about the Q - they are both good devices. The Q has the added advantages of being thin enough to slip into a dress shirt pocket which is DAMN nice. I missed the touchscreen of the Treo but not the fragility that comes with it. The Q screen feels indestructable.

The Palm OS has way more programs, and it does get a big confusing - the difference between WM5-Smartphone and WM5-PPC designations. There are ALOT of people out there on forums using and recommending WM5-PPC software that wont work on the Q, Blackjack, and Dash because of the differentiation.
    Okay, I am planning on getting the Sprint Q when it comes out. Currently I am using the Treo 650.....so what is the easiest way to transfer everything over to the Q.....I do not use Outlook.

Thanks
    See if Sprint can port it over to your new phone right at the store. If that doesn't work you'll need a desktop client to export your contacts to...that being said, if you are going to use the Q, or any other WM5 device you want to get over NOT using Outlook in a hurry - atleast as a place to manage contacts. There are third party alternatives, but they don't come cheap...it can be done but its akin to buying an iPod and not using iTunes.